CCW class

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    I am wanting to get my ccw permit. I called St. Bernard shooting range and Shooters club and they do not have classes available till the end of November. What other options in the Orleans metro area do I have that might have earlier openings? Would like to get some good recommendations.

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    Do you have any experience with them? They have an opening for a class next week. Broken up in two days.

I do, that's who I took my class with. Guy's name is Dave Newman -- straight shooter, no BS, all business, lots of insights. I wouldn't say it was the most magical educational experience of my life, but it got the job done. I paid a bit extra to have it private one-on-one and that took the time down from 8 hours to 4.5 hours.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    I do, that's who I took my class with. Guy's name is Dave Newman -- straight shooter, no BS, all business, lots of insights. I wouldn't say it was the most magical educational experience of my life, but it got the job done. I paid a bit extra to have it private one-on-one and that took the time down from 8 hours to 4.5 hours.

I might check into the one on one. I haven't been looking forward to the 9hrs.

BCD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Gretna, La
    Concealedcarrynola.com

You can schedule online and get it done in a weekend or on weekdays. I did my renewal with David Newman and it was a good experience. Highly recommended!

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    I might check into the one on one. I haven't been looking forward to the 9hrs.

No it doesn't sound fun. I went back and dug up my receipt -- it was $180. Basically just about what your time is worth... if you value your time at more than $25/hr, that'd be the way to trim some fat.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    I decided to go with Dave Newman and got my certificate today. The classes were broken up into two days in the evenings. It didnt take as long as I thought and was not so bad at all. I'd def recommend him. Great guy, listens to your questions and gives solid advice.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom