Pretty Cool Mod

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Nicely done! Col. Jeff Cooper had done something similar in .308 for his first scout rifle. He mounted a small sliding cover over the rounds to keep them from falling out even.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Interesting, but every pair of pants I own has pockets and like RCM, I like that real estate for cheek weld. Maybe if he integrated a cheek riser from like an aftermarket AR stock, hinged on to cover the rounds and still have a nice place to plant your face.

On this note, I always wondered why those old speed-feed stocks only held 2 rounds. Seems like they coulda located things better and got at least one more round in there.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Interesting, but every pair of pants I own has pockets and like RCM, I like that real estate for cheek weld. Maybe if he integrated a cheek riser from like an aftermarket AR stock, hinged on to cover the rounds and still have a nice place to plant your face.

On this note, I always wondered why those old speed-feed stocks only held 2 rounds. Seems like they coulda located things better and got at least one more round in there.

Speed Feed stocks hold 4 rounds.

Most well known shotgun instructors advocate the use of side saddles.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    That looks like a YouTube creator desperately seeking content to me. It’s like **** on a bull, not needed and there are far better solutions to this problem anyway.

Thank you for sharing the video it was interesting just stupid. But I suspect you knew that when you posted it.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    If you are familiar with Diresta at all you would understand he doesn’t do things cause the make sense a lot of the times. He does a lot of stuff just because.

If you ignore the functionality part about it and step back and look at it from a creative standpoint it’s pretty stinking cool. Fit and finish looks professionally done. I would have not thought to try something like that.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    doesnt functionality drive creativity? I mean its not normal to look at somthing and think... hmmmm how can i completely ruin this fine tool and make it usless and painful to shoot...

other wise whats the point of making or inventing somthing that directly hinders the previous application... i deff understand tryng new things but, sorry just dont get this one

gemihur

Newbus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2018
    Roanoke, VA
    Why would you ruin a perfectly good shotgun stock with that process?
    I am saddened.
    A good friend of mine assigns great significance to venerable Ithacas. He would cry if he saw that!

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    this makes alot more sense, ranger point tactical product

Attachments

• fbb9c26848390b27b14d9b556d3a4970.jpg
      fbb9c26848390b27b14d9b556d3a4970.jpg
      19 KB · Views: 188

jkingrph

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2007
    Looks too me like he ruined a nice piece of wood. I would not care to shoot that thing from the shoulder. IMHO it is a totally useless and foolish modification, really stupid!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom