Anyone here owns a Keltec CMR30

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I have one and the firing pin just broke on me and I know it has less than 500rds thru it...

I messaged Keltec hoping they'll send me a new firing pin since the gun is under warranty but i never heard back from them so I just went on ahead and ordered a new firing pin for $8.00.. it looks like an easy swap..

The CMR 30 is a very fun and accurate rifle but the firing pin breaking in less than 500rds is unacceptable.

Anyone else has one?if so how many rounds do you have thru yours and have you had any issues with it so far?.

4f0336c19cf6055eb04a4ad4322e34d3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I have a CMR and 2 PMR 30’s. Never had any problems with mine. One of the PMR’s has about 2k round count. I bought the other about a year ago when the price bottomed out.
    My CMR has seen at least 500 rounds of standard 22 mag and about 200 rounds of subs. I’ll prolly be investing in a few parts now that I’m seeing this thread. I must have got here early. Not one KelTec basher, lol!

Out of curiosity, do you dry fire it much?

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    I had both Pistol and Carbine. I love .22 mag. Innovative guns but were picky about ammo. Also, you have to load the magazines carefully. No problems with any of the parts though

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I had both Pistol and Carbine. I love .22 mag. Innovative guns but were picky about ammo. Also, you have to load the magazines carefully. No problems with any of the parts though
    I’ve found any 22 mag ammo that is not polymer tipped will fire and feed in mine. I do have to hand crank the CMR with subs. I load the mag 5 rounds at a time then back pack it. No issues whatsoever. I do have a bud that bought one of the first model PMR’s and he had a few issues with his. KelTec made good on their end from what he says.

On another note, there’s a online source for parts and tips somewhere for supposedly making the PMR more reliable. If I can find it again I’ll post it.

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I got it fixed,ordered a new firing pin and I installed it..dumped about 600 rds thru it with no issues..I do have a pmr30 as well it's actually my 4th one,the first 3 were brought around the time they first came out and they were lemons but the 4th I havent had any issues..they're very fun and accurate guns,but I do occasionally get a couple of hiccups here and there because of certain ammo or improperly loading the mags..I use them only for plinking/range fun and I really do enjoy shooting those cheap bastards lol

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I have a CMR and 2 PMR 30’s. Never had any problems with mine. One of the PMR’s has about 2k round count. I bought the other about a year ago when the price bottomed out.
    My CMR has seen at least 500 rounds of standard 22 mag and about 200 rounds of subs. I’ll prolly be investing in a few parts now that I’m seeing this thread. I must have got here early. Not one KelTec basher, lol!

Out of curiosity, do you dry fire it much?
    Honesty,I did dry fire it and I know better to dry fire 22s but I've probably dry fired it about a dozen times lol..I didn't dry fire it back to back but every now and then I'll dry fire it which probably contribute to the firing pin breaking

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Honesty,I did dry fire it and I know better to dry fire 22s but I've probably dry fired it about a dozen times lol..I didn't dry fire it back to back but every now and then I'll dry fire it which probably contribute to the firing pin breaking

Dry firing rim fires are the worst because the firing pin impacts the outer cartridge case rim and with no case in the firearm, the firing pin strikes the barrel. Just stick a fired case in the chamber to dry fire. That way the FP hits brass case not steel. The brass case absorbs the impact, the energy from firing pin strike.

I avoid dry fires without a case in the chamber in my .22s like the clap. It's just a really bad practice.

yote72571

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Rosie Ar
    FYI Check out MCARBO website for CMR/PMR upgrades. SS feed ramps and such..

yote72571

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Rosie Ar
    https://www.mcarbo.com/kel-tec-pmr-30-accessories.aspx

Thanks Yote. I’d intended on posting a link but forgot. Also watch Gundeals for great deals on the mags. I bought a handful for like 17 bucks each the early part of this year.

Thank you very much, i didn't even think about posting the link. After the upgrades i shoot hornady 30 grain ballistic tips through both my of PMR's and the CMR.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Thank you very much, i didn't even think about posting the link. After the upgrades i shoot hornady 30 grain ballistic tips through both my of PMR's and the CMR.
    That’s amazing. I tried the Hornady in one of my PMR’s because I was given a box. That was a complete disaster. I keep saying I’m gonna give that bundle a shot but the guns run fine with the CCI and Fiocchi ammo I’m using. They are extremely fun to shoot.

yote72571

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Rosie Ar
    10-4 that was exactly the way mine acted before i changed out the feed ramp, recoil springs and magazine catch. i just would shoot those in my bolt guns until after the upgrades. My new flat adjustable trigger just came in yesterday from tandemkross. I'll slap it in when i have time and report back.

yote72571

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Rosie Ar
    Trigger is clean and crisp, nice upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I went to Tandem Kross for my MK IV 22/45 lite and I’m well pleased. Also, anyone sporting a Walther P-22 needs the captured op spring for those pistols. Makes life much easier.

yote72571

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Rosie Ar
    I went to Tandem Kross for my MK IV 22/45 lite and I’m well pleased. Also, anyone sporting a Walther P-22 needs the captured op spring for those pistols. Makes life much easier.

10-4 thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom