Tresspassed for no mask

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    My point is.
    She is wrong due to the one simple thing. When asked to leave she should have.
    This was private property.
    Once asked to leave she was then trespassing she was no different than being asked to leave for dress code no shirt short shoes. Or what you say was an incorrect assessment is comparing this to carrying a firearm.
    If asked to leave when carrying there is no problem if you just leave.
    The problem starts when a person thinks they have rights on private property.
    Weather a ticket is issued or not or just asked to be there at an event.
    I saw this plenty where I used to work.
    Most walked out even after a fight even if cops were there.
    It was the ones that thought they had some crazy right to stay that were arrested.. And arrested for everything they could imagine if it went badly doing so.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    My point is.
    She is wrong due to the one simple thing. When asked to leave she should have.
    This was private property.
    Once asked to leave she was then trespassing she was no different than being asked to leave for dress code no shirt short shoes. Or what you say was an incorrect assessment is comparing this to carrying a firearm.
    If asked to leave when carrying there is no problem if you just leave.
    The problem starts when a person thinks they have rights on private property.
    Weather a ticket is issued or not or just asked to be there at an event.
    I saw this plenty where I used to work.
    Most walked out even after a fight even if cops were there.
    It was the ones that thought they had some crazy right to stay that were arrested.. And arrested for everything they could imagine if it went badly doing so.
    All good points.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    If this is the incident in Livingston , I understand that there were signs posted at the entrance . She was asked repeatedly to put on a mask or leave . The " Security Guard " was the School Resource Officer " and yes he is a real Cop . I don't think there is any grounds for a lawsuit but she is welcome to try . Fight your battles in Court , not at a school event in front of children .

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    As far as mask there was a doctor on TV last as well as others who state face coveringvdo nothing that the new strain is less deadly and less evasive.
    And the use of a non N95 mask is useless agaist it.
    IE Cloth does almost nothing.
    In Case you are wondering who it was.
    The only woman doctor in Congress, Kim brings a critical voice to issues related to health.
    But rules are rules if pant's were required and she had none on she would also have been asked to leave.

Last edited:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    If the lady has about $10,000 or more for escrow, she can get an attorney to take her case. It would still take her several calls before finding one with a light caseload. She would hear from most of them, *We don’t handle those kinds of cases.*
    The end result would likely be her escrow funds consumed by attorney hours, fees, and expenses. If she wants to help an attorney get by some slow months, then she can throw away her money.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Preface: Do I agree with having to wear a mask at outdoor games? No.

Rules are clear that under the current environment, masks are required at the games.
    Rules are also clear that you can't be butt ass naked at the game.

It is also clear that if you break the rules, you can be asked to leave.

Going down this same train of thought, if you are asked to leave by someone in a capacity to ask you to leave, and you do not, you are now trespassing.

Anyone in law enforcement capacity can then legally ask you to leave or force you to leave.

Resisting then becomes a new crime, which I would argue this lady is also guilty of. I hope they lay the law on her and make an example of her for being stupid. Again, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

On an aside, that cop needs more training on handling a subject that is resisting arrest. It might have been prudent to call for backup and wait for them to get there in order. Wrestling with her (with his level of training and fitness) on an uneven surface wasn't the smartest move.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    As you know Austin a Proper Brachial Stun Strike should stop someone immediately.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    As you know Austin a Proper Brachial Stun Strike should stop someone immediately.

I mean yes, but I'm not sure that it would have required that much escalation.

Better arm control skills would have made it a lot easier to control that lady.

Either way, I think the better option would have been to go hands off and call for backup. Two/three guys would have made it ultra simple and she likely wouldn't have resisted.

The resource officer likely hasn't had to go hands on with someone for awhile. In his profession, he should also eat less and workout more.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker

Either way, I think the better option would have been to go hands off and call for backup. Two/three guys would have made it ultra simple and she likely wouldn't have resisted.

The resource officer likely hasn't had to go hands on with someone for awhile. In his profession, he should also eat less and workout more.

I did not see the video but I know it is not safe to do an Arm Bar Takedown on stairs/steps, etc. He should have many tools in his toolbox.
    A strong Pressure Point Hold with your thumb on the forearm would make most in her situation comply.

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker

And go through a modern D T Class.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    They should have had back up if ill-trained or put it on high and taze her again! I have plenty of Windex for my screen so I was disappointed.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Well if 3 officers grabbed her people would claim it took 3 officers to detain a lady, if the officer snatched her and drug her out like a caveman it would be abuse. He was in a bad situation that would have been handled very quickly 20yrs ago. And yes JBP, the straight arm bar is probably the most effective tool in the tool box but I’m glad he didn’t use it on those steps

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Well if 3 officers grabbed her people would claim it took 3 officers to detain a lady, if the officer snatched her and drug her out like a caveman it would be abuse. He was in a bad situation that would have been handled very quickly 20yrs ago. And yes JBP, the straight arm bar is probably the most effective tool in the tool box but I’m glad he didn’t use it on those steps

Yeah, he was in a shitty situation all around. He could have handled it better, but that's coming from a Monday morning QB position. He came out uninjured and so did she, so it ended okay.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Bur is a public school REALLY private property??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can be trespassed from public property too. Public property can also impose rules and laws that have to be followed to be there.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    heres what info i have seen.

it was an hoa function on hoa property, she is a paid dues hoa member, he was a hoa paid security guard.
    depending on hoa rules she could no more be asked to leave the event, than you could be asked to leave your house.

the hoa and security company have already issued public apologies, so while she was wrong in her method, she is likely right in the fact that she shouldnt have been made to leave.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    What blows for her is she could have left at any time before she was tazed. I’m gonna say tazed because she rode the lightening whether tethered or not.

This post is not directed towards anyone but is meant to provide some information. When someone is tazed and the two (or more) points of contact are sufficiently far apart, usually about 12 inches, they experience neuro muscular incapacitation. That's fancy for your muscles lock up. But they don't really lock up. The contract and release about 20 times a second for 5 seconds. This is riding the lightning. When there is only one point of contact, the taser is no different that a commercially available stun gun. And, unlike in the movies, it doesn't knock people out. It just hurts. It's simply pain compliance.

heres what info i have seen.

it was an hoa function on hoa property, she is a paid dues hoa member, he was a hoa paid security guard.
    depending on hoa rules she could no more be asked to leave the event, than you could be asked to leave your house.

the hoa and security company have already issued public apologies, so while she was wrong in her method, she is likely right in the fact that she shouldnt have been made to leave.

Are you referring to the woman at the football game? From everything I've read, it was a high school football game and the "security guard" was a commissioned law enforcement officer acting as the school resource officer. And the woman was there with the visiting team.

But to address the substance of your post, do you believe that a paid member of an HOA at an HOA function on HOA property would not be asked to leave for violating the rules? I would believe that following the HOA guidelines would be something someone would have to agree to in order to be an NOA member.

Mannelite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2019
    Covington, Louisiana
    1st of all the "Mask Rules" vary from place to place, I think in most places they are "Mandates", as opposed to actual legal legislation that gets voted on by representatives and then signed by an executive and then approved by a court.

It gets pretty dangerous when mandates can be enforced to the full extent of the law for an extended period of time, right? For instance, if the mandate only lasted 2 weeks because of a severe emergency... than okay, so be it. But to compel the wearing of a facial garment for months at a time, because certain people in the government and others (Largely non-elected) have "beliefs" that its the right thing to do is not based on science or rule of law. For example, requiring a hard hat in an area with falling rocks is very reasonable, but that's not the same as requiring a Hijab or requiring an Armband with a party insignia. There is a fine line here that the government is walking and they are starting to be on the wrong side of it. We are starting to leave "Hard Hat" territory, and beginning to enter "Armband" territory, where the mask is a signal showing adherence and submission to a political/religious doctrine. Once we get into Armband Territory, its our duty as citizens to resist!
    These aren't laws that made it through the ordinary judicial process. These are "Orders" issued to us by John Bel Edwards, or Latoya Cantrell (Tyrants). Mandates like this are only appropriate in a real state of emergency, and if that's the case, I expect them to start prosecuting Criminals under Martial Law. If not, then its not a real emergency and we shouldn't be required to follow their "Emergency Doctirine".

Heres the main point: Make up your f*ing mind, If it's an Emergency, Great, I'll wear the PPE, but you better start executing looters. If you don't need to execute looters because its not a real emergency than I'm not wearing the PPE.

Last edited:

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    This post is not directed towards anyone but is meant to provide some information. When someone is tazed and the two (or more) points of contact are sufficiently far apart, usually about 12 inches, they experience neuro muscular incapacitation. That's fancy for your muscles lock up. But they don't really lock up. The contract and release about 20 times a second for 5 seconds. This is riding the lightning. When there is only one point of contact, the taser is no different that a commercially available stun gun. And, unlike in the movies, it doesn't knock people out. It just hurts. It's simply pain compliance.

Are you referring to the woman at the football game? From everything I've read, it was a high school football game and the "security guard" was a commissioned law enforcement officer acting as the school resource officer. And the woman was there with the visiting team.

But to address the substance of your post, do you believe that a paid member of an HOA at an HOA function on HOA property would not be asked to leave for violating the rules? I would believe that following the HOA guidelines would be something someone would have to agree to in order to be an NOA member.

might be different chick then.
    and depends on hoa rules.
    my hoa says an hoa member(paid up) cannot be ejected from any hoa property(to include right of ways, ponds, drainage, and roads) unless law enforcement has call(illegal activity) to remove them, tho they can be fined for breaking hoa rules.
    this stems from previous hoa board members "reserving" hoa areas for themselves.

Top Bottom