Tresspassed for no mask

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    1st of all the "Mask Rules" vary from place to place, I think in most places they are "Mandates", as opposed to actual legal legislation that gets voted on by representatives and then signed by an executive and then approved by a court.

It gets pretty dangerous when mandates can be enforced to the full extent of the law for an extended period of time, right? For instance, if the mandate only lasted 2 weeks because of a severe emergency... than okay, so be it. But to compel the wearing of a facial garment for months at a time, because certain people in the government and others (Largely non-elected) have "beliefs" that its the right thing to do is not based on science or rule of law. For example, requiring a hard hat in an area with falling rocks is very reasonable, but that's not the same as requiring a Hijab or requiring an Armband with a party insignia. There is a fine line here that the government is walking and they are starting to be on the wrong side of it. We are starting to leave "Hard Hat" territory, and beginning to enter "Armband" territory, where the mask is a signal showing adherence and submission to a political/religious doctrine. Once we get into Armband Territory, its our duty as citizens to resist!
    These aren't laws that made it through the ordinary judicial process. These are "Orders" issued to us by John Bel Edwards, or Latoya Cantrell (Tyrants). Mandates like this are only appropriate in a real state of emergency, and if that's the case, I expect them to start prosecuting Criminals under Martial Law. If not, then its not a real emergency and we shouldn't be required to follow their "Emergency Doctirine".

Heres the main point: Make up your f*ing mind, If it's an Emergency, Great, I'll wear the PPE, but you better start executing looters. If you don't need to execute looters because its not a real emergency than I'm not wearing the PPE.

I think it's going a bit far to use martial law and public executions as yardsticks for what is and isn't an emergency. People who wear masks come from multiple political or religious doctrines so I don't see us entering "armband" area. Personally, I don't feel masks are necessary. When we go watch the kids' soccer practice, hardly anyone wears a mask. They do, however, practice good social distancing. When I go to the grocery store, I wear a mask because the store's dress code requires it. As far as wearing a mask in public, I see a number of people disregarding the mandate with no rebuke from any passing law enforcement. If fact, I've never seen any law enforcement tell anyone in public anything about wearing a mask. I'm sure it has happened. But from my experience, that's a rare thing.

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    The SO and I went to Sam's last week. She wore a mask, I didn't, and rarely do. At the entrance, the guard asked me if I needed a mask, and I said "No, thanks" as I walked by. He didn't say anything else and neither did I.

Some of the stores around here have a sign stating "If you are not wearing a mask, we assume that you have a medical condition. We are not allowed by law to ask what it is. Enjoy shopping".

Went to AutoZone yesterday, and the guy said a local ordinance requires me to wear a mask. I told him that there is no such ordinance and I refuse to wear one. He asked why I didn't need a mask, I replied "You are wearing one, so I can't catch it from you, and you can't catch it from me. Why do I need one?" I then told him that I was going across the street to O'Reillys, where no one was wearing a mask.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The SO and I went to Sam's last week. She wore a mask, I didn't, and rarely do. At the entrance, the guard asked me if I needed a mask, and I said "No, thanks" as I walked by. He didn't say anything else and neither did I.

Some of the stores around here have a sign stating "If you are not wearing a mask, we assume that you have a medical condition. We are not allowed by law to ask what it is. Enjoy shopping".

Went to AutoZone yesterday, and the guy said a local ordinance requires me to wear a mask. I told him that there is no such ordinance and I refuse to wear one. He asked why I didn't need a mask, I replied "You are wearing one, so I can't catch it from you, and you can't catch it from me. Why do I need one?" I then told him that I was going across the street to O'Reillys, where no one was wearing a mask.

That's a cute sign but I believe some businesses have attracted negative attention because of those signs. And there isn't a law that forbids a private entity from asking about what medical condition prohibits someone from wearing a mask. Not HIPPA, not the 4th Amendment, not the 5th Amendment.

The HIPAA Privacy Rule
    The HIPAA Privacy Rule establishes national standards to protect individuals' medical records and other personal health information and applies to health plans, health care clearinghouses, and those health care providers that conduct certain health care transactions electronically. The Rule requires appropriate safeguards to protect the privacy of personal health information, and sets limits and conditions on the uses and disclosures that may be made of such information without patient authorization. The Rule also gives patients rights over their health information, including rights to examine and obtain a copy of their health records, and to request corrections.
    https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-professionals/privacy/index.html

Mannelite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2019
    Covington, Louisiana
    I think you're missing my point about using martial law... I'm saying, the government has ABSOLUTELY NO right, to enforce the doctirine they've set forth. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING gives them the right to force a business to close, force you to wear PPE, Suspend your right to gather, or go to church! The only thing that comes close to allowing them to do these sorts of things is if there is a declared emergency. That is what they are claiming. They've claimed there is a "State of Emergency" Which unlocks these extra powers for them that they can't use during normal times. These include: Forcing a business to close and mandatory use of PPE, suspending our right to gather, and suspending our right to practice religion. The only reason they can do that is because they have claimed we are actively in a state of emergency. My whole point was, they want their cake and eat it too, it doesn't work like that. They can't just use emergency powers when there is no emergency. If there really is an emergency, then freaking act like its an emergency!! You don't realize how lucky you are that your local Law Enforcement is okay with mandate violations... there are many other people that aren't as lucky. People are and have been arrested for trying to go to work right now, for not wearing a mask, My wedding got canceled a week before the date because the venue said they couldn't have more than 50 people indoors including the wait staff because of the covid restrictions!! Thank god we know someone with private land we are moving forward this weekend... But just because your personal rights haven't gotten squashed yet doesn't mean you shouldn't care about everyone elses, that's the classic "kill me last" mentality. I agree with you, I wasn't trying to say we should use public executions as a measure of the emergency... but I AM SAYING that IF the emergency is so bad that we need to have our rights suspended for our own safety because legal behavior is too dangerous, THAN by god they better start executing some criminals, because its too dangerous for criminal behavior as well! What is going on is absolute malarkey and it needs to end, every day that goes on like this is a blight on our history and our integrity as free men. I'm not calling for the execution of criminals, I'm calling for the state of emergency and emergency powers to end because its obviously not being evenly applied and its being heavily abused.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I think you're missing my point about using martial law... I'm saying, the government has ABSOLUTELY NO right, to enforce the doctirine they've set forth. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING gives them the right to force a business to close, force you to wear PPE, Suspend your right to gather, or go to church! The only thing that comes close to allowing them to do these sorts of things is if there is a declared emergency. That is what they are claiming. They've claimed there is a "State of Emergency" Which unlocks these extra powers for them that they can't use during normal times. These include: Forcing a business to close and mandatory use of PPE, suspending our right to gather, and suspending our right to practice religion. The only reason they can do that is because they have claimed we are actively in a state of emergency. My whole point was, they want their cake and eat it too, it doesn't work like that. They can't just use emergency powers when there is no emergency. If there really is an emergency, then freaking act like its an emergency!! You don't realize how lucky you are that your local Law Enforcement is okay with mandate violations... there are many other people that aren't as lucky. People are and have been arrested for trying to go to work right now, for not wearing a mask, My wedding got canceled a week before the date because the venue said they couldn't have more than 50 people indoors including the wait staff because of the covid restrictions!! Thank god we know someone with private land we are moving forward this weekend... But just because your personal rights haven't gotten squashed yet doesn't mean you shouldn't care about everyone elses, that's the classic "kill me last" mentality. I agree with you, I wasn't trying to say we should use public executions as a measure of the emergency... but I AM SAYING that IF the emergency is so bad that we need to have our rights suspended for our own safety because legal behavior is too dangerous, THAN by god they better start executing some criminals, because its too dangerous for criminal behavior as well! What is going on is absolute malarkey and it needs to end, every day that goes on like this is a blight on our history and our integrity as free men. I'm not calling for the execution of criminals, I'm calling for the state of emergency and emergency powers to end because its obviously not being evenly applied and its being heavily abused.

No, I think I got your point as you basically repeated it here. It's either all or nothing. If there's an emergency, there should be martial law and executions. If there aren't martial law and executions, then it must not be an emergency. That's faulty logic known as false dichotomy. You're asserting that either every possible precaution should be taken or absolutely no precaution should be taken and you're ignoring the possibility that only some precautions might be warranted.

jkingrph

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2007
    You know there is a lot of comments and dissention about wearing masks. I have been a pharmacist for over 50 years now, and have been in surgery where procedures are taking place, EVERYONE in or entering the suite wears a mask, not so much for their protection but to protect that patient from possibly getting infected.

Now in this day with this rather virulent virus going around you do not know who might be infected, who might be a carrier, and it has recently been shown that small children, young people can be carriers. Early during the "crisis" whey the CDC officials were saying masks were only to protect others from you, i disagreed, saying if you wear a mask and I wear a mask, then in a close situation there are two levels of protection. Now with over 200,000 dead from it, personally I think this is a case for "civil rights be damned" Let's get a national policy to try and stop this thing, I hate the idea of laws being passed but there are simply too many literally stupid people out there who do not care about themselves or others, hell we are required to wear clothes in public to avoid indecent exposure charges, why not masks.

Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    Resisting leaving. So tased and arrested. Friend says I do not think he is a real policeman or something like that. :eek3:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b9LahaBJIk&feature=youtu.be

It would be different if it were on public property but private property is protected with estate law. What the owner or representative requests must be abided by. Private property may use their own security and they may remove you physically from the premises by lethal force if you show means and intent to do harm. This is why the couple being bullied by the media and now being charged had lawful grounds to brandish weapons because the crowd of semi-violent protesters were threatening them and had trespassed on their property. If the courts are allowed to bully this couple, estate law will be gutted as is self defense and we will regress back to the days of the old west and ensuing chaos will need to be quenched with the labors of hard men until law and order is restored. Many unconstitutional judges will hang. Standby.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    You know there is a lot of comments and dissention about wearing masks. I have been a pharmacist for over 50 years now, and have been in surgery where procedures are taking place, EVERYONE in or entering the suite wears a mask, not so much for their protection but to protect that patient from possibly getting infected.

Now in this day with this rather virulent virus going around you do not know who might be infected, who might be a carrier, and it has recently been shown that small children, young people can be carriers. Early during the "crisis" whey the CDC officials were saying masks were only to protect others from you, i disagreed, saying if you wear a mask and I wear a mask, then in a close situation there are two levels of protection. Now with over 200,000 dead from it, personally I think this is a case for "civil rights be damned" Let's get a national policy to try and stop this thing, I hate the idea of laws being passed but there are simply too many literally stupid people out there who do not care about themselves or others, hell we are required to wear clothes in public to avoid indecent exposure charges, why not masks.

The sad thing is, there are too many people like yourself that buy into these numbers being thrown around, even after there have been numerous examples proving these numbers to be absolutely and unequivocally, purposely falsified. This remains one of, if not the largest reasons why we are still dealing with this situation. There is power in numbers and apparently we need more people to snap out of it and think for themselves, instead of gobbling up the false narratives being fed to them by the ones who stand to gain from running this thing till the wheels fall off.
    If you feel the need to wear a mask, even after you educate yourself of all of the false data and narratives, that is your prerogative. Remember though, our freedom does not end where your fear begins. So, just because you see others not wearing a mask or chin diaper or whatever they are called now, don't just assume it's because they are 'stupid' or don't take others into consideration.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Has anyone here tried to enter an event or place of business wearing less than proper attire when the event or business mandates coat and tie? You might be reminded at the door, even offered a jacket, but it’s by choice. Choose to wear the attire or don’t attend. I don’t have to choose a side of the mask debate to see that the woman was given a choice to wear a mask or leave. The choice was not to wear a mask or be tazed and manhandled, yet by straying outside the parameters set forth for all parties involved, she chose what was guaranteed her if she did not make a clear choice from what was available. What THIS case boiled down to was someone refusing to follow the rules because they didn’t think the rules applied to them. I run into this situation far too often at my job and many times it’s left to us to just let the person slide (which lends to most visitors eventually ignoring the rules) or turning the matter over to security. Many people don’t want to follow rules. Some of those decide not to, knowing there may be consequences. Princess found those consequences and chose them over simply leaving the premises or donning a mask. Had she been left to her own it would have sent the message that the rules are null and void.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom