Join BayouShooter For Free
Meplat

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast
    -Global Mod-

User Info Menu

My point is.
    She is wrong due to the one simple thing. When asked to leave she should have.
    This was private property.
    Once asked to leave she was then trespassing she was no different than being asked to leave for dress code no shirt short shoes. Or what you say was an incorrect assessment is comparing this to carrying a firearm.
    If asked to leave when carrying there is no problem if you just leave.
    The problem starts when a person thinks they have rights on private property.
    Weather a ticket is issued or not or just asked to be there at an event.
    I saw this plenty where I used to work.
    Most walked out even after a fight even if cops were there.
    It was the ones that thought they had some crazy right to stay that were arrested.. And arrested for everything they could imagine if it went badly doing so.
    Last edited by 340six; October 3rd, 2020 at 06:39 AM.

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 340six View Post
    My point is.
    She is wrong due to the one simple thing. When asked to leave she should have.
    This was private property.
    Once asked to leave she was then trespassing she was no different than being asked to leave for dress code no shirt short shoes. Or what you say was an incorrect assessment is comparing this to carrying a firearm.
    If asked to leave when carrying there is no problem if you just leave.
    The problem starts when a person thinks they have rights on private property.
    Weather a ticket is issued or not or just asked to be there at an event.
    I saw this plenty where I used to work.
    Most walked out even after a fight even if cops were there.
    It was the ones that thought they had some crazy right to stay that were arrested.. And arrested for everything they could imagine if it went badly doing so.
    All good points.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

I despise ARFCOM

Premium Member

User Info Menu

If this is the incident in Livingston , I understand that there were signs posted at the entrance . She was asked repeatedly to put on a mask or leave . The " Security Guard " was the School Resource Officer " and yes he is a real Cop . I don't think there is any grounds for a lawsuit but she is welcome to try . Fight your battles in Court , not at a school event in front of children .
    I tried being normal once , I didn't like it .

-Global Mod-

User Info Menu

As far as mask there was a doctor on TV last as well as others who state face coveringvdo nothing that the new strain is less deadly and less evasive.
    And the use of a non N95 mask is useless agaist it.
    IE Cloth does almost nothing.
    In Case you are wondering who it was.
    The only woman doctor in Congress, Kim brings a critical voice to issues related to health.
    But rules are rules if pant's were required and she had none on she would also have been asked to leave.
    Last edited by 340six; October 3rd, 2020 at 02:52 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

If the lady has about $10,000 or more for escrow, she can get an attorney to take her case. It would still take her several calls before finding one with a light caseload. She would hear from most of them, *We don’t handle those kinds of cases.*
    The end result would likely be her escrow funds consumed by attorney hours, fees, and expenses. If she wants to help an attorney get by some slow months, then she can throw away her money.

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Preface: Do I agree with having to wear a mask at outdoor games? No.

Rules are clear that under the current environment, masks are required at the games.
    Rules are also clear that you can't be butt ass naked at the game.

It is also clear that if you break the rules, you can be asked to leave.

Going down this same train of thought, if you are asked to leave by someone in a capacity to ask you to leave, and you do not, you are now trespassing.

Anyone in law enforcement capacity can then legally ask you to leave or force you to leave.

Resisting then becomes a new crime, which I would argue this lady is also guilty of. I hope they lay the law on her and make an example of her for being stupid. Again, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

On an aside, that cop needs more training on handling a subject that is resisting arrest. It might have been prudent to call for backup and wait for them to get there in order. Wrestling with her (with his level of training and fitness) on an uneven surface wasn't the smartest move.
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Buy/Sell:
    In search of used locks (padlocks, doors, etc). Click here for info

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

As you know Austin a Proper Brachial Stun Strike should stop someone immediately.

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    As you know Austin a Proper Brachial Stun Strike should stop someone immediately.
    I mean yes, but I'm not sure that it would have required that much escalation.

Better arm control skills would have made it a lot easier to control that lady.

Either way, I think the better option would have been to go hands off and call for backup. Two/three guys would have made it ultra simple and she likely wouldn't have resisted.

The resource officer likely hasn't had to go hands on with someone for awhile. In his profession, he should also eat less and workout more.
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Buy/Sell:
    In search of used locks (padlocks, doors, etc). Click here for info

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AustinBR View Post

Either way, I think the better option would have been to go hands off and call for backup. Two/three guys would have made it ultra simple and she likely wouldn't have resisted.

The resource officer likely hasn't had to go hands on with someone for awhile. In his profession, he should also eat less and workout more.
    I did not see the video but I know it is not safe to do an Arm Bar Takedown on stairs/steps, etc. He should have many tools in his toolbox.
    A strong Pressure Point Hold with your thumb on the forearm would make most in her situation comply.
    Last edited by JBP55; October 3rd, 2020 at 04:10 PM.

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AustinBR View Post

And go through a modern D T Class.