Problem CVA Hunter 444 marlin

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rp85

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 3, 2009
    baton rouge
    hello:

Problem, CVA hunter in 444 marlin. After firing rifle the firing pin remains extend out of the frame. With the firing pin extended, not able to closes the action with a round in the barrel. By pulling the hammer back the firing pin will go back into receiver and allow the action to close. any suggestions?

thanks for any input.

rp

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    Sounds like the transfer bar is sticking and not retracting when the trigger is released after firing. It seems to retract down once you pull back on the hammer. Might need to clean out the receiver area really good including the hammer/trigger/transfer bar/firing pin areas and then lube with CLP or similar. You might be able to hose it out with non-cholorinated brake cleaner and then blow it out with compressed air. Definitely don't try to close it on a live shell with the firing pin pin protruding. It could shear off the firing pin tip or ignite the round in the chamber.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I agree with Hunter. I’m assuming you are unable to push the pin back in with finger pressure? I’ve broken down a few old crack barrel shotguns over the years, usually to replace hammer springs or firing pins. Usually it’s just a matter of punching out a couple of pins. If you can push it back in with finger pressure it could be the firing pin spring.

Top Bottom