Lock’er down vehicle console safe

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kpm

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    It’s not often I take to the inter webs to tout a product or review but if a company over delivers I feel obligated.

Friday morning I made the decision to get a real vehicle safe after playing with those small lock boxes and cables. See I have kids and I have an obligation to keep my firearms safe. Not up for debate everyone has their own situation and beliefs.

I called locker down Friday morning and spoke to a kind lady who I asked to confirm the model I needed. She put me on hold to ask the owner. You really have to love mom and pop businesses! We carried on a conversation and she offered to hand pick my safe from the line and get it out Friday arriving Monday! If that wasn’t enough she also gave me a code for 10% off.

Safe arrived today as promised and Install was easy once I got oriented on what went where. Maybe 10-15 minutes. Safe is well made, fits like a glove and is made of quality steel. The lock feels well made and the lid is spring loaded.

Check them out if you have the need for one. I’m a satisfied customer If you can’t tell!

Sorry I had to paint over my combo...

4ad8a98e1bc8206c0d3e431794f70643.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    How does it attach where it can't be pulled out?

Bolts go through the sides of the thing into the walls of your console. I've got one called the Console Vault (same gist) in mine. Similar to those lock boxes, if someone was really determined to break in and had the time and tools they probably could, but it's a helluva deterrent and they're meant for shorter-term storage.

Looks like kpm's console is bigger and the LockErDown is a better design, which probably makes the thing way more useful. The opening on mine isn't all that big, but still works easily enough for a smaller handgun and things like wallets and glasses. I'd have to do some contortions to get a full-sized holstered gun in there.

Yw576rB.jpg

Nk5M227.jpg

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Bolts go through the sides of the thing into the walls of your console. I've got one called the Console Vault (same gist) in mine. Similar to those lock boxes, if someone was really determined to break in and had the time and tools they probably could, but it's a helluva deterrent and they're meant for shorter-term storage.

Looks like kpm's console is bigger and the LockErDown is a better design, which probably makes the thing way more useful. The opening on mine isn't all that big, but still works easily enough for a smaller handgun and things like wallets and glasses. I'd have to do some contortions to get a full-sized holstered gun in there.

Yw576rB.jpg

Nk5M227.jpg

Cool concept.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    How does it attach where it can't be pulled out?

I think for Lock'er Down you take the bolts out of the bottom of the console, put the safe in, and then bolt it back down with the longer bolts they give you. It's bolted to the vehicle like the console is

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom