Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    EARPLUGS??

User Info Menu

Paddle or belt loop??

For those that carry OWB....do you prefer paddle or belt loop?
    Professional Bassist
    Amateur Cyclist
    Avid Shooter

Marksman

User Info Menu

I prefer belt loops for EDC OWB under a shirt. More secure/stable for me. Also, the pancake style holsters I use ride a little closer to the body than the paddle holsters “typically” do. The paddle holsters work well for range use, carrying out on your property, hunting etc...and the ease of on/off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ,——'¯¯';=====±—-
    !‚–’¯¯ƒ¹¶

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

I agree with Jasarii. I only carry OWB, usually concealed under just a thin t-shirt. Pancake style belt loop holsters seem to work best for me and provide me with the concealability I need and the comfort to wear all day long.
    Formerly known as "Stephen WhoDat"
    God Bless Our Troops!

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jasarii View Post
    I prefer belt loops for EDC OWB under a shirt. More secure/stable for me. Also, the pancake style holsters I use ride a little closer to the body than the paddle holsters *typically* do. The paddle holsters work well for range use, carrying out on your property, hunting etc...and the ease of on/off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What he said with SCK Holsters made by Jasarii.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    What he said with SCK Holsters made by Jasarii.
    I agree on belt loops and SCK. Paddles are for someone who needs to take the holster on and off throughout the day. If you are going to keep it on then go belt loops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Censored by "them"

Marksman

User Info Menu

I agree with the above. Plus the paddle on my Safariland GLS isn’t very comfortable the way it’s molded to *fit* my hip. If I were bigger around it would be really uncomfortable.

Its worth mentioning I’ve tested the retention to the waistband and it could be removed against my will much easier than a closed loop but it wouldn’t be an easy task.
    Last edited by Bangswitch; October 6th, 2020 at 11:47 AM.

Sic semper tyrannis

User Info Menu

Belt loops for this guy. I like the pull the dot loops. The raven concealment QMS is pretty secure.

Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

I like guns because they're f*cking awesome.

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

I don't carry OWB often, but when I do I prefer the speed clips over standard belt loops. Pictured here on more of Jasarii's handiwork.

Last edited by southerncanuck; October 6th, 2020 at 12:02 PM.

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Fixed loops. Always.

Paddles are not very comfortable or secure, and if concealment is the goal, they tend to push the holster further away from the body.

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

The new PHLster Summit has a lot of adjustment for OWB carry.