Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast
    _________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

My only experience with Canik is with the TP9SF Elite pistols. One had issues with the magazines hanging up on the mag release. Possibly a one off issue. They are right under the price point of a Blue Label/GSSF Glock. The cheaper models are priced to compete with Taurus. I would still prefer a trade-in Glock over one if that was my price range.

Haven't heard much good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by twinin View Post
    The only thing I ever worry about with the Canik is long-term parts support.
    That's a valid concern. IIRC, these are imported by Century.

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by twinin View Post
    I have a TP9SF. Great gun. Cycles everything, accurate, great trigger. The only thing I ever worry about with the Canik is long-term parts support.
    I had that very same thought. I ordered heavy on what I saw for small parts off the Canik website a couple months ago. Prices were very reasonable, way better than Beretta, which is what I shoot and have done the most upkeep on.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by John_ View Post
    There is a dedicated Canik owners forum on the web if you go search for it. Loaded with great info, mods, parts, user input and competition reports, pics, videos. You name it.

Also Canik USA has outstanding support for the pistols and their owners. Caniks are manufactured in Turkey and are imported here.
    Thanks John. Gonna check them out. Looking at the aftermarket stuff and I may just do a trigger swap on one to see, but I’ve been quite happy with the factory lever.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesy Lasagna View Post
    Same exact thing happened with me and my LCP.
    Liked my Glock triggers better so at first I bought a 42 then bought a 43 and use that one mostly since it really isn't that much larger than the 42.
    I also have a p365 that is in the same ballpark but I find I am much more familiar with the Glocks so it doesn't get much carry time.
    Yeah, I always thought it was a shame that Ruger couldn’t have done a better job on the LC triggers. I briefly owned a LC9 with that quarter mile take up. Same goes for the Springfield XD compact I have. It’s prolly next on my chopping block.
    Every glock I’ve ever owned got a trigger upgrade pretty early in the game except for my most recent purchase. JB just did a 23 for me and I’ll likely bring him my 20 soon.

I actually like the Canik triggers as they are. The reset is pretty short for factory and I find the pull weight to be right in the sweet spot. I’d prefer a 4 pound trigger with less travel on take up and reset than a 2 pounder that keeps me guessing. The Canik is very predictable to me.
    The FDE pistol pictured (looks OD green don’t it?) is one I bought from a member here. Not sure which trigger is in it but I like it.
    Last edited by Magdump; October 7th, 2020 at 04:41 PM.

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Canik handguns anybody?

Reading a piece about all the CZ clones out there. Dig the pronunciation of the name Canik.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Magdump; October 8th, 2020 at 05:01 AM.

User Info Menu

I just purchased a TP9 SF elite last week. Iíll be shooting it for the first time tomorrow morning. Iíve heard nothing but great things about them it almost seems too good to be true. I guess Iíll know after tomorrow lol.

User Info Menu

Anyone know where to get accessories for them? Other than magazines I can’t find a whole lot in stock online. The canik US website is pretty much sold out of everything

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jstudzinski View Post
    Anyone know where to get accessories for them? Other than magazines I can’t find a whole lot in stock online. The canik US website is pretty much sold out of everything
    I just got a few parts in this week from their website. Extended mag release and slide release. Only thing I saw them out of was mags.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I own a Canik TP9SA and it cycles flawlessly. I don't know any other way to say it, so I'll just say it, "It's a pretty gun". I like the lines and edges on it. The weight and balance I find excellent. I haven't fired it a lot, only because I have several other guns I typically shoot. It's a great gun, and I agree; it'll go up in price as they become more popular and more people begin looking into them. The Turks make a good gun. It's only fairly recently, 7 or 8 years I guess they've had importers. They make a good shotgun as well, at a more than fair price.
    The greater majority of my vast fortune I've spent on women whiskey & weapons......The rest, I just pissed away.

If you find yourself in a fair gun fight; your tactics suck !

"The only easy day is yesterday."

Guns don't kill people; cell phones do!

On Target

User Info Menu

Big fan of the TP9SF... it eats just about everything and they're cheap and effective. Couldn't ask for much more than that.

User Info Menu

Went to bayou dragon on Saturday and put 150 rounds through my new canik tp9 sf elite. So far Iím a believer. I had a hard time buying into all of the hype but after shooting it I was highly impressed. The Warren tactical sights were dead on out of the box no adjustments required whatsoever. Not a single hiccup. I shot 124gr fmj and 147gr American Eagle flat nose. I plan on going back this weekend to about another 150 rounds through it of strictly 115gr ammo. Iíve seen a couple reports of people having hiccups with 115gr. I also hear canik recommends 124gr ammo or higher but I canít find that information only word of mouth.