Simple Fried Chicken

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    A while back we grabbed some Large Breast on sale {hey I like large breast}
    Defrosted them and cut a large tray of 7-8 pounds into strips. Used 1/3rd Italian Bread Crumbs 2/3rds Flour added some Graded Parm-Cheese and Tony's
    And cut some fries up.
    Waiting to put the 1st batch in so it is hot when my wife gets here.
    Shown is about 1/4th and about all, I can fit in the fryer at a time

Attachments

• 20201008_141227.jpg
      20201008_141227.jpg
      200 KB · Views: 152
    • 20201008_164719.jpg
      20201008_164719.jpg
      212.8 KB · Views: 159
    Last edited:

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    Even enjoy day old leftover chicken that was in the fridge overnight. Still nothing holds a candle to grandmothers sunday after church fried chicken. Except her "naner" pudding with the "nilla" wafers on the top. ................................................... drill sgt.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I used to cheat on the pudding and grab it at Sam's Club large cans. But they no longer have it. Yes and fix it with bananas and whip cream with the nilla wafers. That's the only way to do it

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    fried chicken is one of my culinary failures.
    i cannot seem to get a good crust that sticks to the chicken. ive watched countless videos, read a zillion recipes. the flavour is usually good, jus not that crunchy crispy crust.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    fried chicken is one of my culinary failures.
    i cannot seem to get a good crust that sticks to the chicken. ive watched countless videos, read a zillion recipes. the flavor is usually good, just not that crunchy crispy crust.
    I ice water soaked the chicken so the milk and water were very cold. Used the combo of Italian Bread and Flour and did a double-dip batter method.
    Had the oil as hot as the fryer goes so it did not fall off. If the oil is not hot the oil will soak the breading some will fall off and it will sink and stay sunk and be greasy. Almost like it is heavy and logged and never be light and crisp. Also to much chicken or whatever you are cooking will lower the temp so much it will do the same stay sunk and not sink and float ASAP and bubble like mad.
    We used to fry inside on the stove-top then on the countertop with a fryer but it made the home really stink like a Popeye's for days!
    Having controlled heat is key. But I really need to buy a second fryer. Without 2 fryers so I can't make the main dish and sides at the same time.
    Now that I do cook it outside under the covered patio so it really smells up the outside instead of the inside my home but drives the fat kid next store nuts. we hard hin say dad I smell chicken or french fries or whatever

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    I ice water soaked the chicken so the milk and water were very cold. Used the combo of Italian Bread and Flour and did a double-dip batter method.
    Had the oil as hot as the fryer goes so it did not fall off. If the oil is not hot the oil will soak the breading some will fall off and it will sink and stay sunk and be greasy. Almost like it is heavy and logged and never be light and crisp. Also to much chicken or whatever you are cooking will lower the temp so much it will do the same stay sunk and not sink and float ASAP and bubble like mad.
    We used to fry inside on the stove-top then on the countertop with a fryer but it made the home really stink like a Popeye's for days!
    Having controlled heat is key. But I really need to buy a second fryer. Without 2 fryers so I can't make the main dish and sides at the same time.
    Now that I do cook it outside under the covered patio so it really smells up the outside instead of the inside my home but drives the fat kid next store nuts. we hard hin say dad I smell chicken or french fries or whatever

The temp may indeed be the problem. Thanks!
    Have you breaded and fried the fries before? My ex's mom did it with steak fries. They were very tasty.

Top Bottom