Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    -Global Mod-

User Info Menu

My wife wanted a Gen she could start so

I got one for her and it has BlueTooth and shows the fuel level, shows how much percentage of load you are using as well. Also lets you shut it down etc. on the screen and on your phone with an App.
    I have the Manual Transfer Switch and the Correct Cord already installed to feed the sub-panel already. As it was used for the older 1993 8HP Briggs powdered 4000 running one.
    It ran the whole home 110 just fine so this one should be a cakewalk.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201008_201612.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	224.3 KB 
ID:	99295   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201008_201559.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	228.1 KB 
ID:	99296  
    Last edited by 340six; October 8th, 2020 at 07:33 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Curious what’s the model and where did you get it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redneck with a gun!

User Info Menu

I just bought a Ryobi, just a little smaller. It is built the same, or it looks like it.
    Last edited by AK shooter; October 8th, 2020 at 07:53 PM.

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK shooter View Post
    I just bought a Ryobi, just a little smaller. It is built the same, or it looks like it.
    Have you run the Ryobi much yet?

I'm still on the fence if I want a Honda inverter or just get an actual generator.

Redneck with a gun!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    Have you run the Ryobi much yet?

I'm still on the fence if I want a Honda inverter or just get an actual generator.
    No, my son started it yesterday amd it ran for a couple of min then we put it in the shed. It might get some use this weekend. It the Ryobi 6500.

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK shooter View Post
    No, my son started it yesterday amd it ran for a couple of min then we put it in the shed. It might get some use this weekend. It the Ryobi 6500.
    I saw them at Home Depot the other day. I like my Ryobi tools for what they are, so I figured I'd look into them. Most generators use another company's motor anyway.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Just a reminder, if you need to use your Gen for the whole house Kill the line going to the pole. Pull the main! Braker or fuses. Running your generator plunged into the house without pulling the main Backfeeds the power line going to your house. Anyone working on the lines near your house can be electrocuted!!! That includes tree trimming if the lines come down.
    I guess it's cause of were I use to work that Backfeeds is my pet pev but that can be a real Killer after the storm.

I will give you my Red Rider Carbine Action 200 Shot Range Model Air Rifle when you Pry it From My Cold Dead Hands
    Your Political Correctness is an Attack on my Free Speech

Redneck with a gun!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Abby Normal View Post
    Just a reminder, if you need to use your Gen for the whole house Kill the line going to the pole. Pull the main! Braker or fuses. Running your generator plunged into the house without pulling the main Backfeeds the power line going to your house. Anyone working on the lines near your house can be electrocuted!!! That includes tree trimming if the lines come down.
    I guess it's cause of were I use to work that Backfeeds is my pet pev but that can be a real Killer after the storm.
    I am not an electrician and would never attempt. Installing a new light is all I feel safe doing.

User Info Menu

My 2 cents. Spend the extra money and get the inverter. There's no cost savings in saving a few dollars on a generator and burning up a refrigerator or frying a computer.

Redneck with a gun!

User Info Menu

I didn't get to use mine.