Take the French Quarter away from NO?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Can we also take the city away from her as well?
    Does New Orleans have something like the 25 Amendment?

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    "...like they did in San Diego..." DON'T CALIFORNIA OUR LOUISIANA!

So the state government will somehow be amazingly better at running things? Like they were gonna run Fountainbleau Park with a private hotel? Nungesser gets some real humdinger ideas, I tell ya!

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Can we also take the city away from her as well?
    Does New Orleans have something like the 25 Amendment?

You mean from the woman (and her attorney husband) who doesn't pay her federal taxes when due, like Al Sharpton or Stacy Abrams?

Who earns 150k a year but is now furloughing 4000 city employees?

I bet you she didn't volunteer to reduce her own annual pay. Maybe 5 or 10% given the hard times the city is in with super low tourism right now? Lead by example?

Last edited:

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    It’s amazing how much less crime and crappy roads there are outside of orleans parish. I say get rid of all the Nola politicians and clean house. Then start from the ground up with new leadership

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I am not amazed with Jefferson Parish. They have their share of violent crime(even the Metairie Target store has had fights.) JPSO has been involved in more deadly force incidents than the NOPD.
    I have personally seen just as much trouble in Jefferson Parish as in Orleans. I drive in both areas every day. Most Louisiana cities have small populations and have very little going on, so New Orleans is an easy target for those who choose to focus on negativity.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    You mean from the woman (and her attorney husband) who doesn't pay her federal taxes when due, like Al Sharpton or Stacy Abrams?

Who earns 150k a year but is now furloughing 4000 city employees?

I bet you she didn't volunteer to reduce her own annual pay. Maybe 5 or 10% given the hard times the city is in with super low tourism right now? Lead by example?

Good point, since she has to cut city services, she should set that example!

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I am not amazed with Jefferson Parish. They have their share of violent crime(even the Metairie Target store has had fights.) JPSO has been involved in more deadly force incidents than the NOPD.
    I have personally seen just as much trouble in Jefferson Parish as in Orleans. I drive in both areas every day. Most Louisiana cities have small populations and have very little going on, so New Orleans is an easy target for those who choose to focus on negativity.

Yeah BLM is big in NO but they still shoot and murder each other on a regular basis. They murdered an 10 yo in a drive by in the last couple months in NO. Murdered an 8 yo in Atlanta, same time frame. Read the news, look at the pics, the usual suspects every week. I grew up in NO about 45 years ago, lot of memories there but I don't go to NO for nothing. One out of six vehicles on the road in NO is uninsured. The NOPD won't even respond to traffic accidents without injuries, write a report, and they acknowledge this. If it isn't a signal 20-I, they ain't coming plain and simple. So your on your own with an uninsured driver. NO....the sanctuary city, LOL.

Jefferson gets NO's finest leaked into it. Been happening for 20-30 years. Harry Lee ran a tight ship in Jeff before he retired. Said some things in the news a couple times the BLM crowd would not/did not appreciate. Harry Lee told the truth and wasn't bashful about it. Heck, he was a minority himself.

Not every city in LA has drive by shootings and murdering teen agers. We might have 3 or 4 murders in Hammond a year, but they don't shoot/murder children here. Society as a whole in America is changing too, more crime. Right now with covid, jails and courtrooms are revolving doors. Sentences suspended, longer probation periods. Great deterent strategy.

Shortly after Katrina they almost doubled property taxes in NO, need mo money. Pay more, get less. 110 year old water mains busting once a month flooding the streets. NOPSI officials/leadership lying and cheating their asses off, earning six figure salaries. Puck New Orleans!

Last edited:

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    "...like they did in San Diego..." DON'T CALIFORNIA OUR LOUISIANA!

So the state government will somehow be amazingly better at running things? Like they were gonna run Fountainbleau Park with a private hotel? Nungesser gets some real humdinger ideas, I tell ya!

BN gets $hit done; after Katrina he was the 'ring leader' for rebuilding Plaquemines parish.. It was also right after that that Fountainbleu was considered a 'blacks only' park and they trashed it weekly. He had it cleaned up and it is now a great park for everyone; the idea for a hotel there is to drawn more money to the park, currently the parks income goes to the general fund of La. and they get very little of it back for maintainence, upkeep, salaries, etc. The private/state partnerships he talks about would allow the parks to have more income for improvements, etc., the employees I have spoken to state that they have not had a pay raise in 6 years, which makes it kinda hard to get and keep good employees...

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Had a shootout @ Oakwood Mall about an hour ago. Two cars in the parking lot, 20+ rounds fired. One dead on the scene and another @ UMC.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Billy should have stood up for his home parish of Plaquemines when the LADOT forced a toll bridge as a replacement to the BC bridge/tunnel. This toll bridge will cost us over $700M (yes 700 MILLION) in tolls AFTER the contractor is paid $104M that is already funded for this project.

He did nothing.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Had a shootout @ Oakwood Mall about an hour ago. Two cars in the parking lot, 20+ rounds fired. One dead on the scene and another @ UMC.

I have not set foot in that mall for a long time. It seems to be a trouble magnet for the worst types that can be found on the WB. There are several places on that side of the river where I can visit with no trouble. That mall is not one of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom