Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by machinedrummer View Post
    You’re preaching to the choir. I’m just saying don’t underestimate the left after 3 1/2 years of false accusations. I want to believe Trump will win in a landslide...my family will do its part to see this happen but let’s face it he is an outsider and the establishment wants him gone just as much as the loony left does. Trump is blowing up the illusion of choice in politics. I believe he is a People’s President. I just hope there are enough voters that see it this way. If not we are in serious trouble. Again I agree with you and the buttercup comment was uncalled for.
    If you took the buttercup comment as an insult I’m surprised. If it upset you I’m shocked. You’ve thrown around way worse like it was common place. All that in a thread about a shotgun. How’d we get on politics again?
    I was actually trying to help you feel better
    Last edited by Magdump; October 13th, 2020 at 10:50 PM.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    There is of course mention of the dowel in the tube and how to remove it so it wonít limit the capacity, but it says nothing about limiting capacity of the mag to zero.
    On page 8 of the manual found on their website, it talks about the dowel. Granted, it doesn't use the word "zero" but it does say on the 510 models, the dowel blocks magazine loading.
    "500ģ Bantamô, Super Bantam, 505ô, and 510ô Models:
    These Models are supplied as a single shot. An extra-long wooden dowel blocks magazine loading. After proper firearm training the dowel can be removed to be cut to 9Ē to comply with appropriate laws."

If your friend didn't get a manual in the box, you could forward him the link.
    https://www.mossberg.com/wp-content/...ps-English.pdf

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    On page 8 of the manual found on their website, it talks about the dowel. Granted, it doesn't use the word "zero" but it does say on the 510 models, the dowel blocks magazine loading.
    "500ģ Bantam™, Super Bantam, 505™, and 510™ Models:
    These Models are supplied as a single shot. An extra-long wooden dowel blocks magazine loading. After proper firearm training the dowel can be removed to be cut to 9* to comply with appropriate laws."

If your friend didn't get a manual in the box, you could forward him the link.
    https://www.mossberg.com/wp-content/...ps-English.pdf
    Thanks Perez, I actually have printed a few Mossberg manuals from their site and that’s a great service they offer. I’m just surprised that they haven’t considered any sort of notice affixed to the gun or the box to inform the owner. If they think a mention of it buried in the manual (that covers a few different models)is adequate I have to disagree. I’ve seen warnings and notices stamped into receivers and barrels, so I think a simple label shouldn’t be out of the question. You can’t very well say that’s routine with a firearm, to have to work on it before it will function as intended.
    I also have to question how many owners have contacted Mossberg thinking something is wrong with the gun. My fellow employee is definitely not handicapped when it comes to handling firearms. Anyway, add to the foreverwebs another source of that info that Mossberg doesn’t feel the need to elaborate on.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    If you took the buttercup comment as an insult I’m surprised. If it upset you I’m shocked. You’ve thrown around way worse like it was common place. All that in a thread about a shotgun. How’d we get on politics again?
    I was actually trying to help you feel better
    You hurt my feelings and that’s just plain old fashion communism. Come on man you know me. Lol
    Last edited by machinedrummer; October 14th, 2020 at 05:06 AM.
    Those who live by the sword, get shot by those who don't.

Tim

Marksman

User Info Menu

I bet the decision to block the mag was made by a lawyer and not an engineer.

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by machinedrummer View Post
    You hurt my feelings and that’s just plain old fashion communism. Come on man you know me. Lol
    Lol, aight Machine. I knew I was at Bayou Shooter.

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Barry J View Post
    I bet the decision to block the mag was made by a lawyer and not an engineer.
    That’s a possibility I hadn’t considered. I could definitely believe that. I may find out if they reply to my obnoxious email answering their reply. I went full left wing activist on them. Ok maybe like 2/3 activist. Really I just whined and griped for like 4 paragraphs. They might not reply. Or maybe I’ll get some free shit.
    Last edited by Magdump; October 14th, 2020 at 07:33 AM.

Not Banned!!!

User Info Menu

Much more important question, how many 45lc boolits can I fit in that "Pump Judge" !!!

Taurus is missing a great opportunity. "The Pump Judge" would be an instant hit in the anti carjack and snake phobia circles. I can see the vids now, soccer moms destroying silhouette targets from the safety of their minivans. If they limit it to 2 rounds out the box (maybe with this long dowel it is already there) I can even see Ole Creepy Joe giving it his seal of approval.
    "These Rocky Mountains aren't very rocky. Yeah, that John Denver is full of SH**!"