Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Thread: Bye Bye Shotgun

Marksman

User Info Menu

Bye Bye Shotgun

My federal agency recently pushed out policy that the shotguns are being pulled out of service by the end of the year. This includes the primary 14 inchers along with our breaching shotguns. Any other agencies or depts going this direction?

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by local2fed View Post
    My federal agency recently pushed out policy that the shotguns are being pulled out of service by the end of the year. This includes the primary 14 inchers along with our breaching shotguns. Any other agencies or depts going this direction?
    Some LEA's have replaced their shotguns in recent years with rifles.

Don’t troll me bro!

User Info Menu

They’ll see the err in their ways and re equip in a few years. Meanwhile, let’s get them trade ins on the table, shall we?!! Mwa Hahahahaha!!
    Doesn’t play well with TROLLS...

Marksman

User Info Menu

I love shotguns. Sad to see them move away from them as I see a lot of utility in them. I’m also sad I missed out on the Ohio National Guard 870s a few years ago.
    Sara mo ki kara ochiru

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

I'm not surprised.

It's a versatile weapon, especially for law enforcement, but it seems they are being replaced by patrol rifles. The few folks I know that still have scatter guns have them in addition to a patrol rifle.

Marksman

User Info Menu

In thirty years of law enforcement, I always carried a shotgun. Nothing like the sound of a round being racked into the chamber.