10/13/20 Last Day for Voter Registration in LA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueShamu

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 21, 2015
    D'town
    October 13th...if you haven’t registered to vote yet, NOW is the time! Today is the last chance to register and be able to vote! This is very important!

It’s really easy and you can do it online from the Secretary of State’s website.

Go to this website....

https://www.sos.la.gov/ElectionsAnd...nsAndVoting/RegisterToVote/Pages/default.aspx

Click the link at the bottom of the page:
    915609309ff3f9e02d0f71daa597e457.jpg

This will take you to another screen asking if you want to register to vote or make changes to your existing registration.

DO IT NOW if you haven’t already!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlueShamu

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 21, 2015
    D'town
    For those registered....there are seven Constitutional Amendments on the ballot, this election. Please do your research on these amendments to make an informed decision....just as you would a candidate for office. These too are important decisions that can impact our future. I'm not trying to sway you to vote one way or the other. But, here is a pretty good link to explanations of the proposed amendments:

https://bizmagsb.com/2020/10/14/vote-2020-constitutional-amendments-explained/

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    For those registered....there are seven Constitutional Amendments on the ballot, this election. Please do your research on these amendments to make an informed decision....just as you would a candidate for office. These too are important decisions that can impact our future. I'm not trying to sway you to vote one way or the other. But, here is a pretty good link to explanations of the proposed amendments:

https://bizmagsb.com/2020/10/14/vote-2020-constitutional-amendments-explained/

Thank you for posting! Voted this morning with the wifey. Lines were pretty crazy in St Tammany Parrish. ~ 45-50 min wait to get in.

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    Thank you for posting! Voted this morning with the wifey. Lines were pretty crazy in St Tammany Parrish. ~ 45-50 min wait to get in.

I can only imagine what the legal strategists are doing behind the scenes, making some calculations to be sure. Let's see if I can play along...

Poster says lines were "pretty crazy" with sub one hour wait at early voting sites in rural areas during picture perfect sunshine weather.

What happens to the one hour wait time during a cold front with torrential rain and brisk temps? What happens if a nor'easter blows in? Hurricane? How many of the voting sites nationwide have protected waiting areas with the "suggested" 6ft Covid spacing? What % of the voters will be unable to vote due to inclement weather? What will happen to the wait time for those willing and able to get cold and wet? How many case of Covid illness will be documented before now and Nov3? What mathematic effect will a 14 day quarantine have on the voting process for the next 16 days? CDC director says 90% of our population remains at risk for infection. What % of that 90% will become infected in the next 16 days? Will they quarantine for 14 days? Will they vote at all? In the next 16 days what % of registered voters will not be able to vote due to long lines, inclement weather, peaceful protests, Covid illness, lack of means to access voting due to loss of job, loss of residence, another Covid lockdown? A gambling man I'm not, nor am I a mathematician, or God forbid, an attorney. Hell I'm not even a very good speller. But, I'm no fool either -there is nary a chance this election will go well. My prediction is that this election will go very unwell.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I had a friend of mine posted on FB yesterday she waited 2 and a quarter hours to vote early. At my regular voting location, I have never waited more than 5 minutes on any election day since 2015. Most times I just walk in, sign the book, and vote, zero wait. Just lucky my precinct station isn't very populous or busy, and I do go early on election day.

Top Bottom