hickok45 Smoking Pot

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    You know the drill, at least once a week. And with blessings from the gods above.

I would not say that is a positive review of the Hi Point 9mm by Hickok. Clearly he isn't a fan of it, and makes his case to spend a little more for a better pistol.
    Yeah, I’ve seen a few that he turned his nose up at but didn’t bash. I don’t get it really. I realize there are prolly a few people who want biased review with a negative old grinch telling the tale, but I tire quickly of someone who bashes things with that much passion. All that does is turn people off. Out of the folks who may be interested in something for whatever reason or already own it, you start bad mouthing that item with such disdain and many of them will take it personally, because you’re pretty much calling them stupid for wanting one. Yup, whether or not that’s what you mean to do.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Yeah, I’ve seen a few that he turned his nose up at but didn’t bash. I don’t get it really. I realize there are prolly a few people who want biased review with a negative old grinch telling the tale, but I tire quickly of someone who bashes things with that much passion. All that does is turn people off. Out of the folks who may be interested in something for whatever reason or already own it, you start bad mouthing that item with such disdain and many of them will take it personally, because you’re pretty much calling them stupid for wanting one. Yup, whether or not that’s what you mean to do.

There's a difference between a "biased review with a negative old grinch telling the tale" and an honest reviewer who reviews a product they find to be bad. If a viewer takes it personally and gets offended, so what? I own a couple of PSA uppers and Anderson lowers. I've never had any issues with them. There are people here who talk bad about them. Are they calling me stupid? Maybe. Do I care what people on here think of me? Maybe not. The point is not every product is good and not every product is bad. If he posts reviews of only the favorable products to avoid negative reviews, that's fine. But if he's positively reviewing negative products, it's a little dishonest.

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    So what you’re saying is you can’t provide proof of him saying not to buy something.

I get confused reading these posts sometimes and wonder if it's just me ...which example(s) are you pressing 340 to provide, an example of something that is absolute trash or an example of him saying not to buy something?

The fellow you guys are talking about is smart enough not to shoot his mouth off and ruin his cush gig doing something he clearly enjoys. He is fairly easy to read with his use of the spoken language and body language and the camera op does a good job of capturing his presentations. Proof enough is at mark 34:05 min in this review of the Hi-Point C-9 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCNx0Ql2ZZw where his comparing the firearm to a boat anchor is more than ample descriptive for the viewer /potential buyer. Clearly, he is not avoiding the negatives in order to please his sponsors. That is all.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I get confused reading these posts sometimes and wonder if it's just me ...which example(s) are you pressing 340 to provide, an example of something that is absolute trash or an example of him saying not to buy something?

The fellow you guys are talking about is smart enough not to shoot his mouth off and ruin his cush gig doing something he clearly enjoys. He is fairly easy to read with his use of the spoken language and body language and the camera op does a good job of capturing his presentations. Proof enough is at mark 34:05 min in this review of the Hi-Point C-9 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCNx0Ql2ZZw where his comparing the firearm to a boat anchor is more than ample descriptive for the viewer /potential buyer. Clearly, he is not avoiding the negatives in order to please his sponsors. That is all.

So the only video that anyone can provide is of a Hi-Point?

Everything else is just peachy then.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    So the only video that anyone can provide is of a Hi-Point?

Everything else is just peachy then.

I have had AT&T outages since Monday. I just got it back up again.
    I have used the 6-7-year-old phone till now. The Hi-Point Video Magdump posted is the one I was referencing. Start looking at it at say 20min in.
    He also does the same with other products but I do not have time to search for them I know he has in the with other past things.
    Dave since you clearly think you are smarter than everyone else you have his page search for yourself! Do you really need someone else to do it for you? You must have asked since you can not........You were in fact the one that asked the question.
    But that does not fit your MO. You start the ball rolling and sit back and enjoy it. That is some Pro Trolling, I commend you ruined another light-hearted thread meant to entertain.
    The speed is slow and I have to get off so a family member can use what speed we have to work.

cyclone1970

Oldie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Covington LA
    I am another one who enjoys his reviews. I have been watching his vids for years. He doesn't need to throw a firearm downrange for one to understand his thoughts on a problem firearm.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I have had AT&T outages since Monday. I just got it back up again.
    I have used the 6-7-year-old phone till now. The Hi-Point Video Magdump posted is the one I was referencing. Start looking at it at say 20min in.
    He also does the same with other products but I do not have time to search for them I know he has in the with other past things.
    Dave since you clearly think you are smarter than everyone else you have his page search for yourself! Do you really need someone else to do it for you? You must have asked since you can not........You were in fact the one that asked the question.
    But that does not fit your MO. You start the ball rolling and sit back and enjoy it. That is some Pro Trolling, I commend you ruined another light-hearted thread meant to entertain.
    The speed is slow and I have to get off so a family member can use what speed we have to work.

I simply stated his reviews are always positive. No trolling here, pal.

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    I simply stated his reviews are always positive. No trolling here, pal.

I'm with 340 and no doubt numerous less outspoken. There's not been one opinion of yours stated simply or with any sense of a community spirit. Ruining the enjoyment for those of us that use the media platforms for information, entertainment, enlightenment may not be your intention, but is certainly a symptom of it. And, more importantly, pals have pal-like qualities easily detected in their normal behaviors. You either lack them entirely or are unable to step out from an arrogant persona (you've created) to display those good qualities you do have. Most of us older fellas have been right sized by something in our lives that has led (perhaps forced) us to seek the most desireable quality of all -humility. Pride goeth before destruction, And a haughty spirit before a fall. You've been gifted, for free -put it to good use.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I'm with 340 and no doubt numerous less outspoken. There's not been one opinion of yours stated simply or with any sense of a community spirit. Ruining the enjoyment for those of us that use the media platforms for information, entertainment, enlightenment may not be your intention, but is certainly a symptom of it. And, more importantly, pals have pal-like qualities easily detected in their normal behaviors. You either lack them entirely or are unable to step out from an arrogant persona (you've created) to display those good qualities you do have. Most of us older fellas have been right sized by something in our lives that has led (perhaps forced) us to seek the most desireable quality of all -humility. Pride goeth before destruction, And a haughty spirit before a fall. You've been gifted, for free -put it to good use.

I don't particularly care if you feel I have "ruined your enjoyment."

I simply pointed out that there is a culture who defends people they don't personally know and will happily consume information being spoon fed, who take entertainment as education. It's quite evident here.

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    I don't particularly care if you feel I have "ruined your enjoyment."

I simply pointed out that there is a culture who defends people they don't personally know and will happily consume information being spoon fed, who take entertainment as education. It's quite evident here.

Without regard for others is certainly another of the symptoms! You're well on your way to a proper diagnosis!

And there's a culture who offers unsolicited advice to those they don't know personally (virtual society) of which I am guilty as charged. I've often done an excellent job of making my point without regard for others. That's arrogance in its purest form.

And for the evident culture here, in this particular forum? I have met, in person, some of the kindest whaaack jobs on God's green (no pun) earth. Guys that would give you the shirt off their back if you needed it. Guys a fellow would welcome as Pals. We're all bozos on the bus -you'll enjoy the ride much more when you stop pointing at the differences and start looking for the similarities. It's how the Pal thing works. Good night and God bless ya Dave M.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    Another light-hearted post turned into a shitshow by the same actors. I'm guessing some of you guys must be miserable to be around.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Without regard for others is certainly another of the symptoms! You're well on your way to a proper diagnosis!

And there's a culture who offers unsolicited advice to those they don't know personally (virtual society) of which I am guilty as charged. I've often done an excellent job of making my point without regard for others. That's arrogance in its purest form.

And for the evident culture here, in this particular forum? I have met, in person, some of the kindest whaaack jobs on God's green (no pun) earth. Guys that would give you the shirt off their back if you needed it. Guys a fellow would welcome as Pals. We're all bozos on the bus -you'll enjoy the ride much more when you stop pointing at the differences and start looking for the similarities. It's how the Pal thing works. Good night and God bless ya Dave M.

:ugh2:

Another light-hearted post turned into a shitshow by the same actors. I'm guessing some of you guys must be miserable to be around.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

I can tell by your post count that you really contribute.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    You just see what you want to.
    It's very telling that I didn't mention your name, or quote you in my original post, but you were the only one who got offended.

Good day, feel free to have the last comment

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk Pro

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    Would one of DAVE_Ms fan boys stroke his ego and say something like "Hick 45 can't hold a candle for DAVE_M to go by " so he will play nice and not argue.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Deb Mev
    Top Bottom