hickok45 Smoking Pot

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Seems like he is the guy to follow if you want a positive review of a gun.

It is fun to watch him shoot on his range, and most of his insight seems to be tempered by a long and varied exposure to guns. Not much history or technical stuff, 2 things I do like in reviews. Gun jesus and mac are personal favorites and I usually put nutnfancy on when I am cleaning or building.

My dad is an older dude who likes to shoot. He was born in England in 45, so I was thinking of starting a channel called limeytwat45 and seeing if I can get some sponsors and free guns...

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Seems like he is the guy to follow if you want a positive review of a gun.

It is fun to watch him shoot on his range, and most of his insight seems to be tempered by a long and varied exposure to guns. Not much history or technical stuff, 2 things I do like in reviews. Gun jesus and mac are personal favorites and I usually put nutnfancy on when I am cleaning or building.

My dad is an older dude who likes to shoot. He was born in England in 45, so I was thinking of starting a channel called limeytwat45 and seeing if I can get some sponsors and free guns...

Yes, his page gets him free stuff and is much more fun related than most. And way better than some guy who is a know it all who does not know anything. Comes at it from let's test it and have a look-see and have fun as well. More down to earth kind of guy too.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Yes, his page gets him free stuff and is much more fun related than most. And way better than some guy who is a know it all who does not know anything. Comes at it from let's test it and have a look-see and have fun as well. More down to earth kind of guy too.
    And he smokes pots! Go Hickock!

Last edited:

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Oh? Have an example of him saying something is absolute trash?

Not trash but will not edit out things that go wrong. 1st off he never looks at pure trash and when he does look at the low end says it is and tells of the shortcomings if a person goes that route.
    As not everyone has large funds. I am not going to go and find links.
    He did one on The Colt 45 SAA vs Cimarron and showed that it was OK. but not the Colt and says that the Colt is well a Colt and the Best but not everyone had to Colt $ and most that would buy them would let them sit and not get used due to cost and not wanting to beat it up or have wear show.
    Shows the trigger and everything else was not what the Colt is but is good for some. And not even in the same class.
    In one they had a Hi-Point and he showed how thick the grip was and what the gun really was. And that it did not work with some ammo. He was fair a true test of it and the others what more would you want. He was being fair.
    As I am sure there are some low budget guys or gals also looking at getting one and would know what the downfall is with them.
    If you do not like him do not watch. Or better yet get your guns and camera out and go to your own private range do better than him and get free stuff for yourself.
    Let us know what the links are so we can watch you.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Not trash but will not edit out things that go wrong. 1st off he never looks at pure trash and when he does look at the low end says it is and tells of the shortcomings if a person goes that route.
    As not everyone has large funds. I am not going to go and find links.
    He did one on The Colt 45 SAA vs Cimarron and showed that it was OK. but not the Colt and says that the Colt is well a Colt and the Best but not everyone had to Colt $ and most that would buy them would let them sit and not get used due to cost and not wanting to beat it up or have wear show.
    Shows the trigger and everything else was not what the Colt is but is good for some. And not even in the same class.
    In one they had a Hi-Point and he showed how thick the grip was and what the gun really was. And that it did not work with some ammo. He was fair a true test of it and the others what more would you want. He was being fair.
    As I am sure there are some low budget guys or gals also looking at getting one and would know what the downfall is with them.
    If you do not like him do not watch. Or better yet get your guns and camera out and go to your own private range do better than him and get free stuff for yourself.
    Let us know what the links are so we can watch you.

So what you’re saying is you can’t provide proof of him saying not to buy something.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    So what you’re saying is you can’t provide proof of him saying not to buy something.
    1st off do not put words in my mouth I said he was fair and gave fair reviews. If a gun jams it jams. He then tries another type and sees if it does or not what more do you want? And will say something like it sure does not like that ammo or it sure does that ammo, unlike the other one. The same thing you would do.

Why would he say do not buy something? If he says the grip is abnormally large so it does not fit in your had well. Also if he shoots it and it jammed with this ammo and also another and the viewer sees that and still buys who is to blame?
    I said he is fair when he reviews stuff.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    1st off do not put words in my mouth I said he was fair and gave fair reviews. If a gun jams it jams. He then tries another type and sees if it does or not what more do you want? And will say something like it sure does not like that ammo or it sure does that ammo, unlike the other one. The same thing you would do.

Why would he say do not buy something? If he says the grip is abnormally large so it does not fit in your had well. Also if he shoots it and it jammed with this ammo and also another and the viewer sees that and still buys who is to blame?
    I said he is fair when he reviews stuff.

You said he doesn’t always give a positive review, which would mean he has given a negative review. A negative review that apparently doesn’t exist.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    You said he doesn’t always give a positive review, which would mean he has given a negative review. A negative review that apparently doesn’t exist.

If he says {from memery} The grip is too large and compares it to others who are smaller and it is not comfortable. And it did not do well with some ammo is that positive? But says some will still buy it due to the cost they would not make them if they did not sell them. That is not positive to me but maybe to some! They are looking at price only and will think that's not bad it is cheap works sometimes and how much am I going to hold it anyway.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    And down the rabbit hole we go, once again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You know the drill, at least once a week. And with blessings from the gods above.

I would not say that is a positive review of the Hi Point 9mm by Hickok. Clearly he isn't a fan of it, and makes his case to spend a little more for a better pistol.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    You know the drill, at least once a week. And with blessings from the gods above.

I would not say that is a positive review of the Hi Point 9mm by Hickok. Clearly he isn't a fan of it, and makes his case to spend a little more for a better pistol.

He also did one and had the Hi Point Carbine. He said he was thinking how he had very low expectations. But it was good in the fun factor and worked well. Now Ruger has an entry level one.
    You do have to also think if someone is given free stuff try out would you want a pile of left over crap or nice stuff after?
    He even says he will not waste his time on rewiews of things he does not like.
    He is upfront about it.
    They also lets me not waste my time when I spend it as

I do not look a pages much but his and Mr. Jerry's as well as a few more give me info and entertain as,well.
    I leave to training of shooting while running and silly stuff for others.
    I can not picture any member here if offered the chance to shoot either gun shown refusing to run a few mags from each. Due to being planters and not pots etc.
    It was ment to entertain and get views not educate and I think It did that.
    If not for the Net or TV very few would ever see a full auto pistol so even if the showcase of it is a little goofy it is better than none.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom