Bushmaster LEO Trade Ins

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • local2fed

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    I ran across numerous Leo trade in Bushmasters that have some decent mileage on them . All are 16 inch m4 barrel w/ flat tops and flip up rears and come with one mag. All are totally functional but do have numerous dings ... looks like they were the typical pool range weapons. They are $510 plus tax. I’ve been looking for a beater m4 to throw on my atv at the hunting camp and these look ideal for that. I’m on the fence on the price , but this may be a “decent “ price in this climate . Thoughts ?

MRBULLRED

Psalms 27: 1-3
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Ascension Parish
    I ran across numerous Leo trade in Bushmasters that have some decent mileage on them . All are 16 inch m4 barrel w/ flat tops and flip up rears and come with one mag. All are totally functional but do have numerous dings ... looks like they were the typical pool range weapons. They are $510 plus tax. I’ve been looking for a beater m4 to throw on my atv at the hunting camp and these look ideal for that. I’m on the fence on the price , but this may be a “decent “ price in this climate . Thoughts ?
    Where are they located? I'll go take a look and let you know... lol

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Where did you run into them? Others here might be interested. Like me, I'm interested. I have a stash of "mad money" burning a hole in my pocket.

Like someone else above said, many LEO guns are carried a lot, shot a little. Beating around in a trunk can scuff 'em up, but they probably got a lot of life left in them. I got a couple S&W Model 10s like that some years ago, sold off from a security guard company, passed around from lazy guard to lazy guard, ugly and holster worn, but terrific bores and actions.

As for the price in this climate, new Smiths and Rugers of basic configuration as you describe have been running about $530-550 at the last couple gun shows I went to this past year, but I've heard that some turn up their nose because they're kind of bandwagon AR producers, whereas Bushmaster is long in the tooth in the AR game. I've no personal experience either way with those brands, but my "lesser" make AR by Olympic Arms has been doing just fine on duty for 15+ years.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I’m way over in Austin now guys. I’m fortunate enough to live where GT Dist is HQ . I pretty much stop in daily since their Leo trade in inventory turns daily

Ah, disregard then. A local guy has a surplus of LE trade in XM-15’s.

If they are the older guns, they are better made, but nothing amazing. At the price it would serve well for your intended purpose.

Top Bottom