Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1
    Marksman

    Gold Member

    User Info Menu

    Found 1 !!! 1 Case of Selling Reloads !!!

    Bit dated but back in 2018 and its a doozie too !!!

    https://www.khou.com/mobile/article/...r/75-513983792
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

    Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

  2. #2
    _________

    Premium Member

    User Info Menu

    Is someone trying to sell reloads without a manufacturing license?

  3. #3
    Marksman

    Gold Member

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    Is someone trying to sell reloads without a manufacturing license?
    Apparently a license is needed to mfg.AP rounds !
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

    Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

  4. #4
    Don’t troll me bro!

    User Info Menu

    Found 1 !!! 1 Case of Selling Reloads !!!

    Eewww, armor piercing ammunition....

    Is that illegal to produce or own in his home state or something? Sounds like the business was legit, but doesn’t say whether or not he was loading it under a licensed person/entity, which is what it sounds like. This is how the left fills a narrative and gets things banned. They already tried to ban armor piercing rifle rounds and lost.

    I notice the article uses the same nomenclature as other anti gun rhetoric I’ve seen, including that used to outlaw armor piercing pistol ammo (if there really ever was such). If memory serves, the reason that 5.45 and 7.62x39 steel core ammo was banned was because there were AK ‘pistols’ that would shoot the ammo.

    See how they word things?




    No concern for or mention of anything else a bullet may penetrate, except the vest of an enforcement officer. I wonder how many armor piercing rounds the gubment has...
    Last edited by Magdump; October 16th, 2020 at 04:35 PM.
    Doesn’t play well with TROLLS...

  5. #5
    Marksman

    Gold Member

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    Eewww, armor piercing ammunition....

    Is that illegal to produce or own in his home state or something? Sounds like the business was legit, but doesn’t say whether or not he was loading it under a licensed person/entity, which is what it sounds like. This is how the left fills a narrative and gets things banned. They already tried to ban armor piercing rifle rounds and lost.

    I notice the article uses the same nomenclature as other anti gun rhetoric I’ve seen, including that used to outlaw armor piercing pistol ammo (if there really ever was such). If memory serves, the reason that 5.45 and 7.62x39 steel core ammo was banned was because there were AK ‘pistols’ that would shoot the ammo.

    See how they word things?




    No concern for or mention of anything else a bullet may penetrate, except the vest of an enforcement officer. I wonder how many armor piercing rounds the gubment has...
    I've always heard pistol ''perpetrator'' ammo was banned,If true I don't know when?

    But then again story's of ''mobsters'' drilling out the tips of pistol ammo and filling it with mercury and sealing the tip with wax was basically an exploding round when it hit flesh and bone...that is supposedly banned too?
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

    Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

  6. #6
    _________

    Premium Member

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    I've always heard pistol ''perpetrator'' ammo was banned,If true I don't know when?

    But then again story's of ''mobsters'' drilling out the tips of pistol ammo and filling it with mercury and sealing the tip with wax was basically an exploding round when it hit flesh and bone...that is supposedly banned too?
    What is perpetrator ammo?

    I don’t think drilling out bullets and filling them with anything is illegal, but it’s pretty dumb.

  7. #7
    Marksman

    Gold Member

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    What is perpetrator ammo?

    I don’t think drilling out bullets and filling them with anything is illegal, but it’s pretty dumb.
    I think at one time some mfg was putting out a pistol round with some sort of steel spike it the center....
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

    Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

  8. #8
    _________

    Premium Member

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    I think at one time some mfg was putting out a pistol round with some sort of steel spike it the center....
    That would be Federal Hydra-Shok and it is very much so legal and still manufactured. It’s also not steel, but lead.


  9. #9
    Marksman

    Gold Member

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    That would be Federal Hydra-Shok and it is very much so legal and still manufactured. It’s also not steel, but lead.

    Hmmm, Don't know about those,The ones I looked at briefly belonged to a prison guard up in Wasilla Ak,They were black with a sharpened point.

    His ex-wife was having a Heaintpaidchildsuppotandalimony sale out of the garage...We bought 5 firearms at a decent price too,I walked away from the ammo !
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

    Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

  10. #10
    -Global Mod-

    User Info Menu

    I know that the Government stopped selling surplus AP ammo they only stuff you see is the 30-06 and 7.62x51 and dates are real old.
    When you see it is now parts. They sell the Brass and Bullets. In some local areas, AP is not legal. That is an old story I saw at a few sites when posted he was making ammo and selling it with no license but bet the DA and whoever else is after him also try and tack on the AP part. In the end, I am sure it will be a plea bargain and cost him an arm and a leg as well as some time.
    Last edited by 340six; October 16th, 2020 at 05:54 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •