Found 1 !!! 1 Case of Selling Reloads !!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DarcMac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    Hmmm, Don't know about those,The ones I looked at briefly belonged to a prison guard up in Wasilla Ak,They were black with a sharpened point.

His ex-wife was having a Heaintpaidchildsuppotandalimony sale out of the garage...We bought 5 firearms at a decent price too,I walked away from the ammo !

Might have been Black Talons. They were discontinued almost before they hit the market. That was only because the anti-gunners thought they were armor piercing (though they weren't) and campaigned to be rid of them. You would be hard-pressed to find some now, since they have been off the market since the early 90s.

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    Might have been Black Talons. They were discontinued almost before they hit the market. That was only because the anti-gunners thought they were armor piercing (though they weren't) and campaigned to be rid of them. You would be hard-pressed to find some now, since they have been off the market since the early 90s.
    The gang bangers loved the name black talon and used them . I remember Kupp ( clinton's surgeon general) pushed hard to get them and every other hollow point outlawed . The reasons given were that they caused erreprable damage to tissue and that the sharp edges often cut the surgeons gloves subjecting them to aids and other diseases the patient may have . If I remember correctly winchester voluntarily dropped the black talon but still sold the same bullet with out the evil black coating and evil name .

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Specularius

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    N31 20, W92 14
    The gang bangers loved the name black talon and used them . I remember Kupp ( clinton's surgeon general) pushed hard to get them and every other hollow point outlawed . The reasons given were that they caused erreprable damage to tissue and that the sharp edges often cut the surgeons gloves subjecting them to aids and other diseases the patient may have . If I remember correctly winchester voluntarily dropped the black talon but still sold the same bullet with out the evil black coating and evil name .

That being the Ranger SXT. Some believe the SXT stands for Same Exact Thing.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I've always heard pistol ''perpetrator'' ammo was banned,If true I don't know when?

But then again story's of ''mobsters'' drilling out the tips of pistol ammo and filling it with mercury and sealing the tip with wax was basically an exploding round when it hit flesh and bone...that is supposedly banned too?

Go ahead. Fill a lead bullet with mercury and see what happens. Even better, load that lead bullet in an aluminum case.

Chemistry 101 Some metals don't play well together.

It is illegal if what you put in it is combustible / explosive . Primers up front are a no no .

IIRC correctly, there is a limit to the amount of charge one can load in a projectile.
    I tried to google a source to reinforce my memory, but was unable to find one.

The 44 mag. exploders were a lot of fun . I always found it interesting how the empty jacket had the primer cup welded to the center of it . Of course when a wacko tried to kill our president with a failed design , 22 version of the exploders they all were outlawed . Definitely would not be something I would want to put in a magizine fed gun .

It was a small piece of shrapnel from one of those that almost killed Reagan.
    They were effective in that instance.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Go ahead. Fill a lead bullet with mercury and see what happens. Even better, load that lead bullet in an aluminum case.

IIRC correctly, there is a limit to the amount of charge one can load in a projectile.

Do it yourself man! Do you think mercury is sold across the counter, Go ask to buy some....See how far that gets ya !

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo

Would you please share the source of that information . The punk was using a 22 and the information I read said they did not explode but stayed intact and the doctors were worried removing them would cause an explosion . Of course that is not how they work but surgeons aren't usually trained in explosives .

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo

I believe the bullets you are talking about with the limited amount of compound allowed are not for handgun use . Also some states say no to any exploders period .

MSST8DOG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009

At one time the ATF defined "1 oz or more" as a destructive projectile.

MSST8DOG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Eewww, armor piercing ammunition....

Is that illegal to produce or own in his home state or something? Sounds like the business was legit, but doesn’t say whether or not he was loading it under a licensed person/entity, which is what it sounds like. This is how the left fills a narrative and gets things banned. They already tried to ban armor piercing rifle rounds and lost.

I notice the article uses the same nomenclature as other anti gun rhetoric I’ve seen, including that used to outlaw armor piercing pistol ammo (if there really ever was such). If memory serves, the reason that 5.45 and 7.62x39 steel core ammo was banned was because there were AK ‘pistols’ that would shoot the ammo.

See how they word things?

3b802e72faa3afba0a5d5613bcdef160.jpg

No concern for or mention of anything else a bullet may penetrate, except the vest of an enforcement officer. I wonder how many armor piercing rounds the gubment has...
    Just a fun fact about "armor piercing" rounds. Years ago as stupid kids, we found some M1 (30-06) ammo that had the steel projectile. We took them to the creek and shot the old iron bridge. They (of course) bounce right off and ricocheted out into the brush. We then took a normal box of 165 grain soft nosed hunting bullets and fired them at the bridge beams. They went right through, out of 20 rounds in the box 3 or 4 of them ricocheted. I couldn't answer any questions about how or why, so I won't attempt it. All I know is what I just stated. It was spell-binding to us as 12-14 year old boys.

MSST8DOG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    It is illegal if what you put in it is combustible / explosive . Primers up front are a no no .

Want to hear something really stupid...? Knew a guy once that got ahold of some strychnine and put it into the cavity of his hollow point .44 magnum pistol ammo to stand guard. I told him he was insane, if anything happened and he shot himself in the foot, he would still be dead. I don't know if the heat would cause it to be non-poisonous but I thought it was stupid then, and I still do. Too risky to chance it.

MSST8DOG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009

At one time the ATF defined "1 oz or more" as a destructive projectile.
    What qualifies as a destructive device?

For the purposes of the National Firearms Act, the term “Destructive Device” means: A missile having an explosive or incendiary charge of more than 1/4 oz.

Top Bottom