Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    *Banned*

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 340six View Post
    I know that the Government stopped selling surplus AP ammo they only stuff you see is the 30-06 and 7.62x51 and dates are real old.
    When you see it is now parts. They sell the Brass and Bullets. In some local areas, AP is not legal. That is an old story I saw at a few sites when posted he was making ammo and selling it with no license but bet the DA and whoever else is after him also try and tack on the AP part. In the end, I am sure it will be a plea bargain and cost him an arm and a leg as well as some time.
    Lol, for a rocket scientist he ain’t too bright. Illegal manufacturing and sale and couldn’t see fit to keep his fingerprints off the cases? Brilliant.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Found it,1986 law

In August of 1986 HR 3132 — PL 99-408 was passed by Congress and signed by President Reagan. The new law would ban any handgun round that’s core consisted of tungsten alloys, steel, iron, brass, bronze, beryllium copper, or depleted uranium. It would also prohibit any handgun round whose jacket weights more than 25 percent of the total weight of the projectile.
    https://www.ammoland.com/2019/01/new...nounced-video/
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

*Banned*

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    Found it,1986 law

In August of 1986 HR 3132 — PL 99-408 was passed by Congress and signed by President Reagan. The new law would ban any handgun round that’s core consisted of tungsten alloys, steel, iron, brass, bronze, beryllium copper, or depleted uranium. It would also prohibit any handgun round whose jacket weights more than 25 percent of the total weight of the projectile.
    https://www.ammoland.com/2019/01/new...nounced-video/
    Yet there are handgun rounds with all copper bullets on the market. Not sure who could manage depleted uranium rounds tho, lol. That’s hard core right there...so to speak.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    I think at one time some mfg was putting out a pistol round with some sort of steel spike it the center....
    Someone recently told me of this silly round. Sounds similar to what you may have seen.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    Someone recently told me of this silly round. Sounds similar to what you may have seen.

Pretty close,Think of a Black Talon with a steel spike in the center.....and there you have it !
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

What is perpetrator ammo?

I donít think drilling out bullets and filling them with anything is illegal, but itís pretty dumb.
    It is illegal if what you put in it is combustible / explosive . Primers up front are a no no .

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ozarkpugs View Post
    It is illegal if what you put in it is combustible / explosive . Primers up front are a no no .

Illegal or not, it’s dumb.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Illegal or not, itís dumb.
    The 44 mag. exploders were a lot of fun . I always found it interesting how the empty jacket had the primer cup welded to the center of it . Of course when a wacko tried to kill our president with a failed design , 22 version of the exploders they all were outlawed . Definitely would not be something I would want to put in a magizine fed gun .

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Enter these fools !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Lpx_CQ6kwo

Marksman

User Info Menu

Not if you are trying to take down a mastodon!
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cVPTibn-ewI