FedEx not gun friendly

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I heard about the guy who called the ATF on FedEx to retrieve a stolen gun that mysteriously disappeared once it arrived at the Bloomington Hub, then magically reappeared the day the ATF was scheduled to visit. Not sure if it was ever discussed here. But here’s some follow up from the same guy that did the vid on that story. Here: https://youtu.be/_GiBry0SFtU

I started choosing USPS or UPS whenever I have a choice about 2 years ago because I was having issues as well. Three separate occasions my neighbors (2 different households) have walked my packages over that were dropped at their house by FedEx. My house is clearly marked and UPS never has a problem.
    Twice I’ve had to report no delivery when tracking says packages were delivered. Both of those were clearly marked gun related packages though.
    Not sure what’s going on with FedEx but I’m starting to wonder how they can let it go on.

https://youtu.be/e1_z83laPiY

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Mag, I bet its exclusively related to your regular FedEx driver/deliverer, and we may just have the same guy. Mine is about 35 to 45, with dreads, and not very friendly at all. I'm willing to bet he deliberately leaves ur items @ the neighbors houses for reasons I will not outline here.

See, his strategy is working, you now choose USPS or UPS if possible and he has to deliver less packages to you. He's a bum and should be reported for every delivery "error".

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Mag, I bet its exclusively related to your regular FedEx driver/deliverer, and we may just have the same guy. Mine is about 35 to 45, with dreads, and not very friendly at all. I'm willing to bet he deliberately leaves ur items @ the neighbors houses for reasons I will not outline here.

See, his strategy is working, you now choose USPS or UPS if possible and he has to deliver less packages to you. He's a bum and should be reported for every delivery "error".
    I’ve reported every screw up. Apparently they don’t get paid enough to give 2 forks. I’ve never even laid eyes on my FedEx ninja tho...
    If my tracking ever worked right I might could catch him, but I usually get the tracking email after package is delivered, lol.

lesgeaux

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Marrero, LA
    I have seen in my business area that the Fedex Ground division was farmed out to non-Fedex company. The Ground division was very poor, which was a reflection of the company running it.(just a local delivery service owner). they never left a sticky that they missed the delivery. The trucks were logo-ed just like as if they were genuine Fedex.
    Not sure if this practice is still going on since I rarely get packages at work anymore.

Sounds like your guy is trying to work himself out of a job.
    Good luck in future deliveries.

m1k3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Central, LA
    We did some design work for Lipseys for an expansion to their warehouse in Industriplex. In going through the facility to look at the area of the expansion I noticed that all their shipping is through FedEx. I mentioned it to the rep taking us through and he said that they won't use UPS because they have had so many problems with guns disappearing during shipment. They use only FedEx and have nowhere near the number of problems they had with UPS. Sounds like its a matter of who ends up handling the packages along the way and how dishonest they are.

It does make a huge difference if your local delivery guy is good or not.

honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Fedex does still farm out the ground delivery, at least in my area in Baton Rouge. The guys that are delivering to me now seem like nice guys and are hustling every day. Several months back though I was waiting on an Amazon delivery, and I got a text saying that delivery was attempted, but business was closed. I walk up front to ask if Fedex made an attempt, and I see the truck in my parking lot. It was raining pretty hard, but a customer walked in from his car at that very moment, and all of my lights were on. (it was late and starting to get dark). Those SOBs just didn't want to get out in the rain, so they said "business closed".

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    tenor.gif

jkingrph

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2007
    Fedex does still farm out the ground delivery, at least in my area in Baton Rouge. The guys that are delivering to me now seem like nice guys and are hustling every day. Several months back though I was waiting on an Amazon delivery, and I got a text saying that delivery was attempted, but business was closed. I walk up front to ask if Fedex made an attempt, and I see the truck in my parking lot. It was raining pretty hard, but a customer walked in from his car at that very moment, and all of my lights were on. (it was late and starting to get dark). Those SOBs just didn't want to get out in the rain, so they said "business closed".
    i
    I have had that numerous times here in E Texas with UPS, delivery out of Tyler, to Jacksonville, about 25 miles south.
    Items were for home delivery, sometimes no signature required, but would get out for delivery message, and finally failed delivery because no one home. I would be sitting in my living room about 12-15 feet from front door, and never heard a truck drive up. It usually happens during their heavy holiday season, Nov-Dec. Fed ex seems more reliable here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom