Another current benefit of living in New Orleans.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    So would you be justified using deadly force @ someone shooting @ you with a paintball gun out of a moving car?

A car slows, a barrel out of window, pop pop pop.

I know what I'd be doing.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    If you return fire with your firearm, then expect to be arrested for it. You will have to prove in court that your *life was in danger* or *feared grievous bodily harm.* You would only want to tell the police that you saw a gun and feared for your life.

I would rather film the getaway vehicle and report it to the police. I will take a few bruises and stay out of jail, criminal court, and the news! Those of you who want to talk tough and play Dirty Harry are welcome to come down to New Orleans and try it!

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Those of you who want to talk tough and play Dirty Harry are welcome to come down to New Orleans and try it!

New Orleans is a sanctuary city, they protect undocumented illegals. I don't visit violent sanctuary cities so I have no worries there.

"Orleans parish voted Democratic in the previous five Presidential elections.
    In the last Presidential election, Orleans parish remained overwhelmingly Democratic, 80.8% to 14.7%"

source: https://www.bestplaces.net/voting/city/louisiana/new_orleans

I bet Benson steps up her personal security in a big way now.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Tom Benson had a big guy as his driver/assistant. I am surprised that Mrs Benson was driving alone. The very nice looking Benz she was driving must have attracted the attention of those thieves associated with that chop shop the NOPD is looking for.

I drive every day in New Orleans. The worst thing that happened to me, since coming home from the Marines, was catching a bullet through my right rear window while coming down an overpass(Tulane at Carrollton.) The passenger sitting next to the window needed stitches because her head was cut buy the glass. No one was hit by the bullet. Three hours later, the NOPD gave me the car keys back and gave me permission to leave with my car.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Tom Benson had a big guy as his driver/assistant. I am surprised that Mrs Benson was driving alone. The very nice looking Benz she was driving must have attracted the attention of those thieves associated with that chop shop the NOPD is looking for.

Benson wasn't driving alone. Her driver stopped @ a convenience store and went in to purchase something. The perp pops into the car with Benson in the back seat and she screamed at him to "get out", and he did. I bet her driver is armed, prob has a CHP. But that doesn't do any good when he leaves the car and Benson unattended while he runs into a store. This occurred @ a strip mall on S Claiborne Ave @ 1415. Her driver blew it big time! Benson could have been kidnapped with the car, or shot resisting. Or held for ransom. Gayle Benson is worth approx 3 billion dollars, exclusively owns the Saints and NO Pelicans teams.

It is a common strategy in NO, to linger by convenience stores or self service gas stations and steal a car either running or with keys in the ignition and unoccupied by the owner. A crime of opportunity. Three years ago they grabbed/stole a car with a woman's baby in a rear car seat.

Here is the jacking with the baby in the rear car seat: https://www.wdsu.com/article/man-climbs-mount-kilimanjaro-with-donated-lung-david-skalski/34404768

Here is one where they car jacked a woman waiting to pick up her child @ school. Punched the woman in the face, ejected her, and stole her car: https://www.nola.com/news/crime_police/article_fbc09824-dec6-11e9-b1ad-7fa47f554ef3.html

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Those details were missing from both the articles I read. That little strip mall is regarded as a safe spot. It is frequented by wealthy Uptown residents and Tulane/Loyola students. The Circle K there is open 24 hours and is a favorite stop for coffee and snacks for NOPD 2nd District and Tulane Campus Police. There are UBER drivers who take their passengers there for stuff because vagrants are not allowed to hangout there.

It is obvious that the two perps were not run off by management or police because they were in a vehicle. Mrs Benson should have locked the doors from the back until her driver returned. She was complacent since that little mall is considered to be a good spot. The car thief must not have noticed her until she told him to get out.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Mrs Benson should have locked the doors from the back until her driver returned. She was complacent since that little mall is considered to be a good spot. The car thief must not have noticed her until she told him to get out.

You are spot on. All she had to do was lock the doors until her driver returned. But clearly she felt safe there, or was distracted @ the moment. Prob felt safe until perp pops into her vehicle.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    You are spot on. All she had to do was lock the doors until her driver returned. But clearly she felt safe there, or was distracted @ the moment. Prob felt safe until perp pops into her vehicle.

If she has the same mindset as Sean Payton, then she doesn't believe anyone should have guns; so worrying about them out there while living the life is a waste of her time. Maybe she will get a CHP now!

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Those details were missing from both the articles I read. That little strip mall is regarded as a safe spot. It is frequented by wealthy Uptown residents and Tulane/Loyola students. The Circle K there is open 24 hours and is a favorite stop for coffee and snacks for NOPD 2nd District and Tulane Campus Police. There are UBER drivers who take their passengers there for stuff because vagrants are not allowed to hangout there.

It is obvious that the two perps were not run off by management or police because they were in a vehicle. Mrs Benson should have locked the doors from the back until her driver returned. She was complacent since that little mall is considered to be a good spot. The car thief must not have noticed her until she told him to get out.

It was a number of years ago but I used to be an assistant manager at a Blockbuster Video in that strip mall. Other than being on a major street (good for a quick escape), that area wasn't bad at all. The neighborhood behind the stores was quiet. And the area across Claiborne had quite a few students as it was right next to Tulane.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    If she has the same mindset as Sean Payton, then she doesn't believe anyone should have guns; so worrying about them out there while living the life is a waste of her time. Maybe she will get a CHP now!

Gayle Benson WILL NOT get a CHP, isn't happening and I'd bet $500 on that! She is one of the 80% democratic population of New Orleans. The lovely sanctuary city for illegals and criminals. Where BLMs murder their own at least a couple times a week min. That is the straight up hypocrisy of majority dem cities. Smoke and mirrors, and BS and jive.

Chicago, New Orleans, Baltimore, Atlanta, DC, Detroit, St Louis, Miami, Memphis, Milwaukee, Flint, Chattanooga, Houston, Minneapolis, Lansing, Oakland, Springfield, Stockton, Cleveland, Little Rock, Kansas City. And the list goes on.....

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Kamala Harris will most likely be POTUS when Biden strokes out in office. Or maybe he is determined to be unfit for office. A very real possibility. When Harris was Attorney General of California, she lobbied and won the right for prisoners wishing to have a gender change operation @ the expense of CA taxpayers. Seriously, for prisoners/wards of the state.
    WTF?

And that is just one example of her wonderful priorities. She is also a big fan of the New Green Deal along with AOC.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    It was a number of years ago but I used to be an assistant manager at a Blockbuster Video in that strip mall. Other than being on a major street (good for a quick escape), that area wasn't bad at all. The neighborhood behind the stores was quiet. And the area across Claiborne had quite a few students as it was right next to Tulane.

I went to high school(McMain) on the other side of the street. I would go to that mall for lunch sometimes or the occasional cutting of class with friends. That spot has not lost it’s charm. The old Fro-Stop from the 1950’s is still on the back street along with my favorite comic book shop.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    The old Fro-Stop from the 1950’s is still on the back street along with my favorite comic book shop.

I used to eat and play pinball @ that Frostop some 49 years ago. I lived about 7 or 8 blocks for it, on Burdette St for eight years, from age 9 to 17. There was a Flame N Burger right on Claiborne years later but it became a bank. Frostop is right on Calhoun St from my memory, just off Claiborne Ave. Attended St Rita Catholic school, then Holy Cross, then De la Salle. College Inn on Carrolton Ave was a fav of my family too. Order by phone and pickup behind the building, enter the kitchen area. Saints games @ the old Tulane stadium (long demolished). Tom Demsey kicked his record 63 yard FG @ Tulane stadium. It was a different city 45 years ago. Way way safer.

Last edited:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I used to eat and play pinball @ that Frostop some 49 years ago. I lived about 7 or 8 blocks for it, on Burdette St for eight years, from age 9 to 17. There was a Flame N Burger right on Claiborne years later but it became a bank. Frostop is right on Calhoun St from my memory, just off Claiborne Ave. Attended St Rita Catholic school, then Holy Cross, then De la Salle. College Inn on Carrolton Ave was a fav of my family too. Order by phone and pickup behind the building, enter the kitchen area. Saints games @ the old Tulane stadium (long demolished). Tom Demsey kicked his record 63 yard FG @ Tulane stadium. It was a different city 45 years ago. Way way safer.

I graduated from McMain Magnet. It’s nice to see that we both went to school in Uptown. It was nice when we were in school, and it’s still a nice part of the town. New Orleans East is a dump. Central City is a mixed bag. Holleygrove is a bad place to live. Downtown can be dangerous at night. Uptown is still a wonderful place to spend time though.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I graduated from McMain Magnet. It’s nice to see that we both went to school in Uptown. It was nice when we were in school, and it’s still a nice part of the town. New Orleans East is a dump. Central City is a mixed bag. Holleygrove is a bad place to live. Downtown can be dangerous at night. Uptown is still a wonderful place to spend time though.

I have so many memories in NO, and I miss visiting many spots I used to frequent. City Park, the lakefront, Rock n Bowl, St Charles Ave around Audubon Park, Mesparo's in the quarter, and Port of Call for a hamburger and a beer. The lakefront in Mandeville is much smaller but no trash everywhere nor boom boom from passing cars. And the scenery is better on the north shore lakefront. Coffee and beignets would be awesome @ City Park, but I just made a conscious choice to avoid NO @ all costs. When they started having shootouts right on Canal St and the NOPD not responding to non-injury traffic accidents, that was enough for me. And not arresting or citing illegals driving without a license too, just give em a free pass and send them on their way. No liability insurance, no problem. No thanks I'm out, I'll rely upon images and memories in my mind.

They have a Cafe Du Monde in Mandeville too. A nice clean peaceful lakefront and beignets too. I need to visit again soon.

Top Bottom