Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
    Shooter

User Info Menu

Another current benefit of living in New Orleans.

https://www.wwltv.com/article/news/l...d-04fa46b0b651

"There’s no reason that this shouldn’t be getting more attention from NOPD"

They tried to carjack billionaire Gayle Benson too this week, @ 2:15 PM.

https://www.wwltv.com/article/news/c...b-b728ef1ad966
    Last edited by John_; October 17th, 2020 at 06:28 AM.
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -- George Santayana

Shooter

User Info Menu

So would you be justified using deadly force @ someone shooting @ you with a paintball gun out of a moving car?

A car slows, a barrel out of window, pop pop pop.

I know what I'd be doing.
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -- George Santayana

Marksman

User Info Menu

If you return fire with your firearm, then expect to be arrested for it. You will have to prove in court that your *life was in danger* or *feared grievous bodily harm.* You would only want to tell the police that you saw a gun and feared for your life.

I would rather film the getaway vehicle and report it to the police. I will take a few bruises and stay out of jail, criminal court, and the news! Those of you who want to talk tough and play Dirty Harry are welcome to come down to New Orleans and try it!

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

I see were some person tried to car jack the lady who owns the saints?
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 323MAR View Post
    Those of you who want to talk tough and play Dirty Harry are welcome to come down to New Orleans and try it!
    New Orleans is a sanctuary city, they protect undocumented illegals. I don't visit violent sanctuary cities so I have no worries there.

"Orleans parish voted Democratic in the previous five Presidential elections.
    In the last Presidential election, Orleans parish remained overwhelmingly Democratic, 80.8% to 14.7%"

source: https://www.bestplaces.net/voting/ci...na/new_orleans

I bet Benson steps up her personal security in a big way now.

Shooter

User Info Menu

Last edited by John_; October 17th, 2020 at 11:34 AM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Tom Benson had a big guy as his driver/assistant. I am surprised that Mrs Benson was driving alone. The very nice looking Benz she was driving must have attracted the attention of those thieves associated with that chop shop the NOPD is looking for.

I drive every day in New Orleans. The worst thing that happened to me, since coming home from the Marines, was catching a bullet through my right rear window while coming down an overpass(Tulane at Carrollton.) The passenger sitting next to the window needed stitches because her head was cut buy the glass. No one was hit by the bullet. Three hours later, the NOPD gave me the car keys back and gave me permission to leave with my car.

Shooter

User Info Menu

Tom Benson had a big guy as his driver/assistant. I am surprised that Mrs Benson was driving alone. The very nice looking Benz she was driving must have attracted the attention of those thieves associated with that chop shop the NOPD is looking for.
    Benson wasn't driving alone. Her driver stopped @ a convenience store and went in to purchase something. The perp pops into the car with Benson in the back seat and she screamed at him to "get out", and he did. I bet her driver is armed, prob has a CHP. But that doesn't do any good when he leaves the car and Benson unattended while he runs into a store. This occurred @ a strip mall on S Claiborne Ave @ 1415. Her driver blew it big time! Benson could have been kidnapped with the car, or shot resisting. Or held for ransom. Gayle Benson is worth approx 3 billion dollars, exclusively owns the Saints and NO Pelicans teams.

It is a common strategy in NO, to linger by convenience stores or self service gas stations and steal a car either running or with keys in the ignition and unoccupied by the owner. A crime of opportunity. Three years ago they grabbed/stole a car with a woman's baby in a rear car seat.

Here is the jacking with the baby in the rear car seat: https://www.wdsu.com/article/man-cli...alski/34404768

Here is one where they car jacked a woman waiting to pick up her child @ school. Punched the woman in the face, ejected her, and stole her car: https://www.nola.com/news/crime_poli...47f554ef3.html

Marksman

User Info Menu

Those details were missing from both the articles I read. That little strip mall is regarded as a safe spot. It is frequented by wealthy Uptown residents and Tulane/Loyola students. The Circle K there is open 24 hours and is a favorite stop for coffee and snacks for NOPD 2nd District and Tulane Campus Police. There are UBER drivers who take their passengers there for stuff because vagrants are not allowed to hangout there.

It is obvious that the two perps were not run off by management or police because they were in a vehicle. Mrs Benson should have locked the doors from the back until her driver returned. She was complacent since that little mall is considered to be a good spot. The car thief must not have noticed her until she told him to get out.

Shooter

User Info Menu

Mrs Benson should have locked the doors from the back until her driver returned. She was complacent since that little mall is considered to be a good spot. The car thief must not have noticed her until she told him to get out.
    You are spot on. All she had to do was lock the doors until her driver returned. But clearly she felt safe there, or was distracted @ the moment. Prob felt safe until perp pops into her vehicle.