Join BayouShooter For Free
Meplat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Boston Butt .69/lb at Rouse’s

Just a heads up. Limit two ends the 21st. Stock up the freezer that’s cheaper than chicken guys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

-Global Mod-

User Info Menu

That's a great price. But just grabbed a few Butts at Sam's Club
    Fixing one today was $1.27 a,pound.
    Might grab one at that low price and restock the one i pulled out the freezer
    Thanks
    Last edited by 340six; October 18th, 2020 at 07:10 AM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I picked up 4 double packs for deer sausage for this hunting season and cranking up the smoke house for andouille this morning.

Keep an eye out for Albertsons ad, they occasionally put it on sale for .77/lb but Rouses is the cheapest I've seen it.
    Last edited by EightySix; October 18th, 2020 at 08:55 AM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I plan on getting some tomorrow. That's the cheapest I have ever seen it. Usually 99 cents is cheap. I cut it up and freeze in 5 pound packs to make deer sausage.

CoonAss

User Info Menu

Cheaper than chicken...I don’t think so. I cooked a 40lb case of leg quarters for our truck drivers. Local Piggly Wiggly had 40lb cases for $5.00 ! Hell the charcoal cost twice as much as the chicken did.
    Overkill is Underrated

On Target

User Info Menu

Fixng me up a boston butt this weekend for a quick bbq with the family and neighbors... thinking bout pullin half and choppin the rest. Give em options.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Bought two double packs yesterday. Ended up with 30 pounds cut up ready for the grinder. Now to kill a couple deer to go with it.

Marksman

User Info Menu

associated grocers(johns, carters, rouses, etc...) ran the sale. some for only a day, some stores never had any come in. i ended up with 6.

Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 3fifty7 View Post
    Cheaper than chicken...I don’t think so. I cooked a 40lb case of leg quarters for our truck drivers. Local Piggly Wiggly had 40lb cases for $5.00 ! Hell the charcoal cost twice as much as the chicken did.
    Huh! That's 12.5 cents a pound for leg quarters. That is an unheard of price today. Were they past the "use by" date? Mismarked?
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -- George Santayana

Marksman

User Info Menu

best ive seen for leg quarters locally/lately is $0.39/lb.