Join BayouShooter For Free
Meplat

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Primers @ Flea Market

Found these at a local flea market for 10 bucks....I didn't have the heart to dicker the old boy down to 8 bucks....

So I paid up !!! Mostly small pistol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	phone 10-18-2020 178.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	251.7 KB 
ID:	99618  
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Hope they all work for you. Might ought to load a few dummies and try them before you commit the whole batch.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    Hope they all work for you. Might ought to load a few dummies and try them before you commit the whole batch.
    Oh yeah man, Test a few in dummy rounds for sure
    Then off to the range !
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    Oh yeah man, Test a few in dummy rounds for sure
    Then off to the range !
    I learned my lesson about 20 years ago with some big rifle primers in a big box of reloading stuff I bought at a sale. Not sure how old they were or how they were stored but the trays all looked in good shape, the box just looked old. Loaded up a couple hundred 444 marlin rounds that I wound up having to pull when only a couple out of the first dozen or so rounds I tried would fire. I was sick. Now I test my primers and keep them away from oil and moisture etc. I generally only pull a few out at a time so I’m not unnecessarily handling the lot.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Last year I found several boxes of primers from the late 70s; stored in a non climate controlled mini warehouse; everyone of them went bang

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Abear View Post
    Last year I found several boxes of primers from the late 70s; stored in a non climate controlled mini warehouse; everyone of them went bang
    Well that sounds like the perfect scenario.
    But ya just never know. That’s why it’s smart to try a few before you commit a pile of components and time. That was my point anyway.
    Last edited by Magdump; October 19th, 2020 at 02:42 AM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

hell, in '11 i had a brand new box of rem green/orange box small mag pistol fail about 1/3 of the box. had to pull the 30 10mm duds. rem sent me a coupon for a free box.

in 2006 i also loaded almost 500 .30-40krag that the primers had been in the case since the 50's. out of the few dozen i got to shoot 90% fired. the old guy i loaded them for had not shot the gun in dacades.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Abear View Post
    Well you're correct,Loaded 6,

All 6 went off with authority,

Good enough for the big gals I dance with !