Real MagPul or Fake? UPDATE!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I bought this on eBay but was an Amazon reseller so came Amazon. But has made in China sticker.
    I thought everything MagPul was made in the USA.

Attachments

• 20201021_200518.jpg
      20201021_200518.jpg
      245.1 KB · Views: 151

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    First mistake, buying parts on eBay.

The Red Flag was an Amazon reseller and that your eBay package "came from Amazon."

Magpul products are 100% made in the US.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Maybe it’s just the sticker that’s made in China? I sure would love to have the trademark on the Made In China sticker. That company that makes the stickers will never go out of business.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Maybe it’s just the sticker that’s made in China? I sure would love to have the trademark on the Made In China sticker. That company that makes the stickers will never go out of business.

Naa someone would come along and make a knock off and cheat ya.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Real MagPul or Fake?

Not to mention “unfair” in unfair advantage looks messed up on the package
    f2f0cfe110953925bc2a3a050521d650.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Well they sure went to a lot of trouble to duplicate the packaging for a $19 item. Any chance that made in china sticker was floating around in the box and... idk, maybe not. I have a couple if you wanna put them side by side and see. How much did you pay?

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Well they sure went to a lot of trouble to duplicate the packaging for a $19 item. Any chance that made in china sticker was floating around in the box and... idk, maybe not. I have a couple if you wanna put them side by side and see. How much did you pay?

It was listed with a price and also make offer so offered $14.50.
    It was one of the free shipping ones. He or she quickly accepted so in 1 or 2 days the Amazon package was in the mail box.
    So paid $14.50 plus tax thanks Govenor Edward's
    Really wanted to know if it was,a knock off or if MagPul had outsourced some smaller parts.
    Yes I know $14.50 shipped but I have gotten good deals on other things gun and car related. But when received were store closings or discontinued etc.
    O
    Not like it is BCG or something.
    But go not like seeing MagPul or a anyone else who did thier money up for R&D as,well as loosening a,sale to a counterfiter.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I bought this on eBay but was an Amazon reseller so came Amazon. But has made in China sticker.
    I thought everything MagPul was made in the USA.

I was sure it was a fake when I git it as it was plastic and not metal like the ones I already have and the sticker that says China.
    I contacted the seller and eBay. The seller said are you sure? I said the Vortex you have is also fake per the real pictures you sent me to stop selling them.
    eBay pulled the ads and seller and told Amazon to take the ads down as well and both did.
    ebay and Amazon both looked at the Magpul site and saw that it was started by a former US Marine and that 100% of what makes up Magpul products are made here in the USA down to the screws that are made in house.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I was sure it was a fake when I git it as it was plastic and not metal like the ones I already have and the sticker that says China.
    I contacted the seller and eBay. The seller said are you sure? I said the Vortex you have is also fake per the real pictures you sent me to stop selling them.
    eBay pulled the ads and seller and told Amazon to take the ads down as well and both did.
    ebay and Amazon both looked at the Magpul site and saw that it was started by a former US Marine and that 100% of what makes up Magpul products are made here in the USA down to the screws that are made in house.
    Yeah, all Magpul stuff is absolutely made in the USA.
    All the air soft Magpul takeoff stuff is made in China. The Chinese should stick with AK 47’s and rice noodles.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom