Purple Heroin

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    JEFFERSON PARISH, LOUISIANA —
    The Jefferson Parish coroner is warning the public about a new street drug that he says is just as powerful as fentanyl.
    The drug is called Brorphine, or "purple heroin," and claimed the life of a Jefferson Parish resident.
    According to Dr. Gerry Cvitanovich, the Jefferson Parish coroner, there have been 30 deaths linked to the drug in the United States.
    This is the first death linked to the drug in Louisiana, according to Cvitanovich.
    The drug is commonly packaged as purple crystal or powder but has also been reported as white or gray powder.
    "This drug has the potential to cause widespread harm and is a public health concern," said Cvitanovich. "The public should be on full alert due to the extreme danger of this drug."

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I’m guessing the drugs are coming from China. Every time people catch on to a substance, the labs in China can make a new substance that won’t be as detectable or easier to smuggle.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I’m guessing the drugs are coming from China. Every time people catch on to a substance, the labs in China can make a new substance that won’t be as detectable or easier to smuggle.
    Yeah, that and the concentration is like hundreds of times stronger This is not the Fentanyl Citrate that I would give you if your poor unfortunate ass rolled in to see me. You have to be a seasoned junkie to escape death behind a hit of the Chinese Fentanyl. Actually the potency levels are off the charts compared to what we use in the hospital. I’m talking you better have reached Keith Richards level tolerance if you wanna hang with the Barney Smack boys and girls. That goes for smoking and snorting too.

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Yeah, that and the concentration is like hundreds of times stronger This is not the Fentanyl Citrate that I would give you if your poor unfortunate ass rolled in to see me. You have to be a seasoned junkie to escape death behind a hit of the Chinese Fentanyl. Actually the potency levels are off the charts compared to what we use in the hospital. I’m talking you better have reached Keith Richards level tolerance if you wanna hang with the Barney Smack boys and girls. That goes for smoking and snorting too.

Its not good business to kill off the customers,Hows a dealer supposed to make a living ?

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington

From what I've read in the past, scientists in China will come up with a synthetic drug that works very effectively and it takes their government a while to ban it. When they do ban it, they ban the exact chemical compound so the scientists just change a few molecules so you get the same effect but it's effectively a different drug. Then this new drug has to go through all the hoops to get banned and shut down by the Chinese government. They continue to do this until the new drug that's created is not as effective and has a lot of additional side effects so it becomes more and more dangerous as time goes on.

The article says the actual name of the drug is Brorphine - https://www.wdsu.com/article/stitch-pocket-the-rescue-dog/34465499. This is a structural analog of Fentanyl - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fentanyl_analogues - and apparently it's not banned in the US yet. Remember how bath salts were legal for a while until they were banned? I imagine this is something similar. It's crazy what junkies will risk for a high but even crazier that places will legally sell experimental chemicals that specifically say "do not ingest or smoke" knowing that's just what people will do.

https://www.npsdiscovery.org/the-ri...d-identified-in-the-midwestern-united-states/

Brorphine is a potent synthetic opioid with structural resemblance to fentanyl and its analogues. However, brorphine is not controlled in the U.S. under core-structure scheduling of fentanyl related substances. Recent detections in drug related deaths leads us to believe this new synthetic opioid has the potential to cause widespread harm and is of public health concern. As of mid-July 2020, brorphine was confirmed in seven blood specimens associated with fatalities in the U.S.; brorphine has also been reported in Europe (Belgium).

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Its not just China we have to be concerned with, Mexican authorities just seized a lab in their capital city capable of processing 11,000 pounds of raw chemicals per batch into meth or Fentanyl. Two story vats for processing. High purity illegal drug production on a very large scale.

As long as there is a massive demand in the US for illegal drugs (especially opioids), somebody out there will manufacture, smuggle, and distribute them for profit.

article: https://abcnews.go.com/Internationa...rial-scale-meth-fentanyl-lab-capital-73824262

Top Bottom