5.56 ammo at academy!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Just saw this at academy sports for $74.99 a box. It’s available on their site for $84.99 a box.

They also have M855 green tip for $94.99 a box of 200 rounds.

You’re welcome...

579729ba0b670f7345acc12730738abb.jpg

Last edited:

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    Thanks for sharing.
    Looks like there is a lot this same stuff being sold here in the classifieds on Bayou Shooter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Just saw this at academy sports for $74.99 a box. It’s available on their site for $84.99 a box.

They also have M855 green tip for $94.99 a box of 200 rounds.

You’re welcome...

579729ba0b670f7345acc12730738abb.jpg

TY sir. Going this morning to check my local store for M855 in stock.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    They had none in Hammond this morning. Zero 556 anything on the shelf. 95% barren shelves for rifle center fire.
    I’ve had 2 people tell me that they get trucks on certain days and they put the ammo at the checkout counter And it’s usually gone in the first hour or so. That explains the group of people I’ve seen waiting outside the door some mornings.

Jadams74

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2019
    Ponchatoula, Louisiana
    I found some 20 round boxes of 223 yesterday at the Academy in Hammond, but it was Tul ammo and some sort of gimmicky high dollar ammo and there were only a few boxes left. I'm not that desperate yet because I still have 500 rounds out of the thousand I normally keep on hand and I prefer 556. Even stores are selling ammo at higher prices now, but not as high as individuals. I thought about getting into reloading, but those materials are in short supply too.
    I'm in the middle of building a 300 box, but I'm not in any rush because I can't find ammo for that either. Especially subsonic rounds.
    Has anyone had any luck with ammo at gun shows? I see one is coming up this weekend I think.

SMR412

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 30, 2014
    P-ville
    Picked up some of the M193 at the Seigen Ln store last night.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I found some 20 round boxes of 223 yesterday at the Academy in Hammond, but it was Tul ammo and some sort of gimmicky high dollar ammo and there were only a few boxes left. I'm not that desperate yet because I still have 500 rounds out of the thousand I normally keep on hand and I prefer 556. Even stores are selling ammo at higher prices now, but not as high as individuals. I thought about getting into reloading, but those materials are in short supply too.
    I'm in the middle of building a 300 box, but I'm not in any rush because I can't find ammo for that either. Especially subsonic rounds.
    Has anyone had any luck with ammo at gun shows? I see one is coming up this weekend I think.
    I’m hearing of the prices going up in stores as well. I still have 5.56 up here for 55 cents per round (surprisingly) but I got no problem locking it back up for another time. I’m certain the prices and availability are gonna get worse before it gets better. The results of the election won’t fix the shortage overnight, although I’ve heard a few people expressing that belief.

Gunner106

Enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 4, 2019
    New Orleans
    This is insane, been out of the loop for a minute since I have a decent stash, but never really checked in on prices. It’s unbelievable that the last time I looked at ammo, for example, like 9mm fmj range ammo was around the 19 cent mark And now it’s up to 30,40,50 cents almost, seen gougers charging up to a dollar. 5.56 was about 30-33 cents and now it’s up to 60cents to a dollar some places. A damn shame, didn’t know bullets could harm COVID.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    This is insane, been out of the loop for a minute since I have a decent stash, but never really checked in on prices. It’s unbelievable that the last time I looked at ammo, for example, like 9mm fmj range ammo was around the 19 cent mark And now it’s up to 30,40,50 cents almost, seen gougers charging up to a dollar. 5.56 was about 30-33 cents and now it’s up to 60cents to a dollar some places. A damn shame, didn’t know bullets could harm COVID.
    Supply and demand bro. Big demand and limited supply makes prices go up. Sorry to say it’ll be summer at the earliest before we get back to some sort of baseline, which will likely leave prices a little higher than last summer. It blows for sure.

Gunner106

Enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 4, 2019
    New Orleans
    Supply and demand bro. Big demand and limited supply makes prices go up. Sorry to say it’ll be summer at the earliest before we get back to some sort of baseline, which will likely leave prices a little higher than last summer. It blows for sure.

Oh yeah man, I definitely understand the economics behind it. The overall situation of it is what gets me, but it is what it is.. And until then, I’ll be waiting for the zombies to start popping up so it doesn’t feel as bad paying double. :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom