Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
    Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Chasing the reds again (Pics included)

My cousins and I planned some work on our camp this weekend so my wife and I snuck down a day early and hit the marsh on Friday. We woke up to rain so we didnít get started as early as we would have liked but hey you take what the good lord gives you. We stopped at the marina for live shrimp and bait shrimp then headed to our put in spot. The tide was crazy high but was suppose to drop a little so I felt that we could prolly catch some during our trip. Right when we launched I realized my aerator in my bucket quit working so my live shrimp went to dead shrimp pretty dang quick. When you pay 25 cents each for the shrimp it does tend to get you a little aggravated but it was my fault as I should of put fresh batteries in the aerator. Our start time ended up being 8 am but besides dead shrimp conditions looked ok. It didnít take us long before we caught the first fish and the rest of the trip was soon filled with fish catching memories. We end up limiting out on reds and caught two keeper trout to round out our catch. All of the fish were caught using bait shrimp under a cork. My wife had quite the day and ended up catching some beautiful reds. We released the two biggest ones she caught to swim again and caught a bunch of under size reds which made the time pass. Considering how the day started we ended up with some beautiful fish to put in the freezer. If you like to fish this is the time to hit the marsh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

enthusiast

User Info Menu

That's some nice reds... You and the wife look like you are having a great time!
    Stephen

Marksman

User Info Menu

Super jealous, I went last weekend and the reds were definitely biting!

Shooter

User Info Menu

You and the Mrs got it goin on! Thx for the report.
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -- George Santayana

User Info Menu

Nice fish! If you don't mind me asking, where is the camp?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Thanks for the kind words my friends. Glad some of you got in on the action last week. The camp is located in Grand Isle. If anyone wants more details where we caught these I’ll be glad to give you the exact location and where we go. We didn’t go more that probably 3/4 of a mile from Hwy 1. We have a loop that we make through the marsh most of the time, but yesterday we didn’t have to because we caught these in the first part of the loop, never needed to go any further. If you have young kids you should really come down and let them catch some of these fish. The fall is just about the best time to hook up with the fish and as far as technique goes, you cast the cork out with a shrimp and pop it every now and then. Y’all have a great weekend.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Nice!!! The specks look really healthy !!
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

CoonAss

User Info Menu

Hell of a day !
    Overkill is Underrated

User Info Menu

Nice haul. I hope you catch your limit everyday.

Oldie

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Nice trip, nice report.