Another tropical storm aiming for Louisiana

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    We are getting close to the record which was last hit in 2005! The charts below are from the last storm. Zeta puts us at 27 for 2020 so 1 more and we tie for 2005 as we only hit Eta then. Climate change sucks.

0WJal65.png

wsTJFMZ.png

Well damn, if you ever hit Omega, then it really would be the end wouldn't it.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    We ready for a little breeze here in Hammond. Kinda hot this morning. Prolly be a cat 1 when it rolls in here. I took my flag and bird feeders down so I’m good.
    Y’all be safe and don’t get caught out farting around today. Tornadoes are real.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    We ready for a little breeze here in Hammond. Kinda hot this morning. Prolly be a cat 1 when it rolls in here. I took my flag and bird feeders down so I’m good.

Same here Mag. It's humid today, all that humidity sweeping in from the gulf. Current temp is 80F.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Gusts to 110 mph on rigs offshore in the gulf right now. WVUE is saying Grand Isle could see the eye today. One redeeming factor is it's honkin north @ 18 mph.

Last edited:

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Lost power here in St Tammany just after the storm finished up with us around 730ish. Still no power. Not sure on the timeline

hope that you all are staying safe out there

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    No power here. I got the gen up and have the whole home Rollin on it. Cleaned up 400 plus feet of street curb to curb the home next to me on both sides and across from us. That way it looks normal. It is a mess.
    Cleaned the rear yard as well.
    We put everything in bags or cans and it is waiting to be picked up.
    So at least that part looks like before.
    Had to check dad's place and was lucky both neighbor's trees fell in their own Holmes, not dad's.
    On the way there all of Kenner we could see and Metairie was without power. They say 82,000.in Jerrson are without.
    Did not think there's 82,000 in Jefferson

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    A freakin hurricane very close by then 53F right now @ my place the morning after. That's crazy!

Feels great outside.

Last edited:

riverrat66

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 1, 2016
    The hills of St Helena parish
    I stopped my rig in Pascagoula last night. winds were rockin it like it was still on the road. we had 90mph winds coming in and I slept like a baby. Glad it didn't hit us here in springfield. hope all my friends are ok. hope all of u are safe.

BlueShamu

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 21, 2015
    D'town
    Houseboat came off its mooring at the camp. Broke one spud, bent the other one. Pulled the generator cable out the junction box....generator is on an elevated deck on land. Pretty confident it was on the eyewall. Houseboat is currently partially in the shallows on a mudflat at the end of the canal where it was moored.....and the tide is falling. Going to be fun.
    8c97796033e97fb1b74e53abaa856e1a.jpg

Sent from the ISS using Tapatalk

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I stopped my rig in Pascagoula last night. winds were rockin it like it was still on the road. we had 90mph winds coming in and I slept like a baby. Glad it didn't hit us here in springfield. hope all my friends are ok. hope all of u are safe.

You were fortunate, high winds have been known to sometimes blow over trailers and their rigs. Lots of folks parked their camper trailers and boats along Hwy 23 in Plaquemines parish just inside the levee protection system to avoid flooding and went back to them blown over and scattered. Some totally destroyed. Winds estimated @ 100 mph.
    Totally glad and appreciative it didn't hit Tangi. It would have killed the power in Hammond for sure and done a lot of damage, we have so many large trees. Glad to read you are fine too.

High winds and semi trucks and trailers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG22JlcZnMk&ab_channel=index

- - - Updated - - -

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom