CCW at 13th Gate

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CajunTrooper

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 28, 2014
    LA
    Taken directly from their site:

“NO SMOKING • NO ALCOHOL • NO WEAPONS • NO RUNNING”

Taken from lsp.org:

The provisions of R.S. 40:1379.3 (N) shall not limit the right of a property owner, lessee, or other lawful custodian to prohibit or restrict access of those persons possessing a concealed handgun pursuant to a permit issued under this Section. No individual to whom a concealed handgun permit is issued may carry such concealed handgun into the private residence of another without first receiving the consent of that person.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I agree. Who's the dirty SOB asking about illegal stuff? Let's find the guy and ban him.

You asked the question.

Metal detectors are in use at the entrance to 13TH GATE, adding an important level of security to an event of this type.

I suggest you leave your firearm and any other weapons in a secure location, such as a mounted vehicle safe.

El Pozzinator

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Denham springs LA
    I personally know a lot of the folks who work security there. They don’t play around. They’re good folks; if something or someone looks “off” to the point it may pose a danger to other patrons, they will take note of and address it. Regardless even if it was legal to CCW there I’d strongly advise abstaining from carrying when you’re voluntarily entering an environment deliberately designed to trigger your startle response and “fight or flight” reflexes. Sounds a lot to me like lighting a block of C4 to heat up your coffee (and yes, I’ve actually witnessed EOD guys do exactly that - they’re some extra special ones).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    dont let these keyboard commandos tell you how to live... live free man!!!!!

lol seriously, i would advise againts it... leave it in the car and carry a good pocket flashlight and a good pocket knife if you need somthing...

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    "Metal detectors are in use at the entrance to 13TH GATE, adding an important level of security to an event of this type"

should be good with a glock or other polymer pistols right?:confused:

CavalryJim

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    I personally know a lot of the folks who work security there. They don’t play around. They’re good folks; if something or someone looks *off* to the point it may pose a danger to other patrons, they will take note of and address it. Regardless even if it was legal to CCW there I’d strongly advise abstaining from carrying when you’re voluntarily entering an environment deliberately designed to trigger your startle response and *fight or flight* reflexes. Sounds a lot to me like lighting a block of C4 to heat up your coffee (and yes, I’ve actually witnessed EOD guys do exactly that - they’re some extra special ones).

Thanks but I already have my answer about metal detectors. FYI, I know it is scary but I'm not concerned, at all, about what is inside 13th Gate. My question was in regards to getting from wherever I park to 13th Gate.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I personally know a lot of the folks who work security there. They don’t play around. They’re good folks; if something or someone looks “off” to the point it may pose a danger to other patrons, they will take note of and address it. Regardless even if it was legal to CCW there I’d strongly advise abstaining from carrying when you’re voluntarily entering an environment deliberately designed to trigger your startle response and “fight or flight” reflexes. Sounds a lot to me like lighting a block of C4 to heat up your coffee (and yes, I’ve actually witnessed EOD guys do exactly that - they’re some extra special ones).

It’s safe to burn, it’s when you try to stomp it out after it’s on fire that becomes the problem LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I personally know a lot of the folks who work security there. They don’t play around. They’re good folks; if something or someone looks *off* to the point it may pose a danger to other patrons, they will take note of and address it. Regardless even if it was legal to CCW there I’d strongly advise abstaining from carrying when you’re voluntarily entering an environment deliberately designed to trigger your startle response and *fight or flight* reflexes. Sounds a lot to me like lighting a block of C4 to heat up your coffee (and yes, I’ve actually witnessed EOD guys do exactly that - they’re some extra special ones).

It's a combat engineer thing as well. It's similar to tossing a block of (unprimed) C4 to the new guy on the range. It takes heat and pressure to ignite C4. We did that to scare the s#!) out of the untrained people. We found it more entertaining than they did.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Not CC related but the Rise in Tickfaw is a way better Haunted House than 13th gate. I done both this year and was way more impressed with Rise.

I have been to Rise several years in a row and it keeps getting better and better although this year you can't shoot zombies with paintball guns as you could previous years.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    "Metal detectors are in use at the entrance to 13TH GATE, adding an important level of security to an event of this type"

should be good with a glock or other polymer pistols right?:confused:
    Sounds like they’re leveling the field anyway. Get that ceramic Glock ready CJ...
    They say flame throwers are legal carry. Just pack a Bic lighter and a can of starting fluid. That’ll get you back to the car.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom