Ammo in stock here

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Looks like these guys have a lot of variety in stock. I’ve never ordered from them, but the reviews are good, ship in 1-2 days.
    Yes they’re asking more than we are used to paying but less than prices I’ve been seeing for in stock ammo. If you don’t need ammo please ignore the post. If you wanna secure some now and stop worrying about tomorrow, these are low going rate prices compared to what I’m seeing and it’s ready to ship. If I thought the prices and availability were going back to normal next month I wouldn’t have posted.

https://www.outdoorlimited.com/hand...26&search_text=&per_row=20&sortBy=8&mode=list

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    https://www.sgammo.com/product/223-...een-tip-fmj-m855-imi-ammo-made-israel-militar

In stock at the moment, IMI 855 for 65 cents per round plus $14 shipping on 500 rounds, $16 shipping on 1000 rounds

I purchased 10 boxes of the IMI 855 (their limit) from sgammo just 5 days ago, and it arrived in 3 days. SGammo has been one of my go tos for a few years now. They charge shipping but no taxes. Very reasonable shipping charges too. They will auto notify you via ur email when a particular item is back in stock. Family owned.

I also purchased 210 rounds of M855 A1 which is like next to impossible to find for the public/civilians. I read an article on line that M855 A1 costs our government $6 a round. I sure hope that is bad info.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I purchased 10 boxes of the IMI 855 (their limit) from sgammo just 5 days ago, and it arrived in 3 days. SGammo has been one of my go tos for a few years now. They charge shipping but no taxes. Very reasonable shipping charges too. They will auto notify you via ur email when a particular item is back in stock. Family owned.

I also purchased 210 rounds of M855 A1 which is like next to impossible to find for the public/civilians. I read an article on line that M855 A1 costs our government $6 a round. I sure hope that is bad info.
    You’ll enjoy the IMI John. That Israeli stuff is on par with LC. I’ve blasted through a couple thousand rounds of it.
    Are you using the M855A1 loads in a shorter barreled gun?

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    You’ll enjoy the IMI John. That Israeli stuff is on par with LC. I’ve blasted through a couple thousand rounds of it.
    Are you using the M855A1 loads in a shorter barreled gun?

I may use it in anything from 10.5 to 16". I'm thinking stagger loading mags with SP ammo. I did a lot of reading on the m855A1 and its a pretty big improvement over m855. Reviewers and the military refer to it as "barrier blind". It will penetrate cinder blocks better (with distance limits) and injure, personal armor, and zip thru car/truck doors and windshields like no tomorrow. And its term performance in flesh is better than m855. Our military adopted it in like 2010 and designed from day one for the M4 barrel length. They were unhappy with m855 term performance on bad guys in combat. Info says its slightly hotter than the 855 in pressures, an improved charge powder was developed. Only negative I read is the military reports the steel penetrator tip has gouged or damaged some feed ramps after many rounds. And higher operating pressures/recoil impulse takes a greater long term toll on bolts. If ya have a SHTF or defensive weapon, you might as well load it with the best possible ammo you can procure imo.

https://www.army.mil/article/48657/evolution_of_the_m855a1_enhanced_performance_round

https://www.defensereview.com/m855a...feed-ramp-issues-real-hype-or-just-overblown/

Yeah, I have IMI 556 ammo I purchased 10+ years ago. IMI is good. Not much the Israelies make is poor really. Weapons, sights, ammo.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    FYI, M855A1 is not available to civilians, so if you have some, it *fell off a truck.*

Also, don’t shoot it in anything you care about. It’s going to destroy the upper’s feed ramps.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    FYI, M855A1 is not available to civilians, so if you have some, it *fell off a truck.*

Also, don’t shoot it in anything you care about. It’s going to destroy the upper’s feed ramps.

Yes, I am aware of this. See my post just above yours.

Our military has been using M855A1 since 2010, and that has not changed. Overall, they are very pleased with it.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Yes, I am aware of this. See my post just above yours.

Our military has been using M855A1 since 2010, and that has not changed. Overall, they are very pleased with it.

I missed it on the first go around.

Outside of shooting at distance, I wouldn’t bother with it.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    From the second article I linked above: https://www.defensereview.com/m855a...feed-ramp-issues-real-hype-or-just-overblown/

"With the availability of M855A1 to civilians being very limited, the chance of the average civilian shooter getting ahold of enough M855A1 to perhaps cause some damage is a non-issue right now, in my opinion. The one positive from this I can see being useful for everyone is that magazines that load higher up the feed ramp can be more reliable."

Gen 3 Pmags are improved and offer a better stripped round angle from the mag, reducing or eliminating the damage from M855A1.

Another quote:

"Out of all the magazines I checked, the best for having the highest clearance, both left and right feed, was the military issue Enhanced Performance Magazine (fully clearing the feed ramp on the left side, two thirds of the way up on the right), followed by the Gen III PMAG and Israeli Military Industries Defense magazine. There was no real difference between the GEN III PMAG and the IMI Defense mag. Both seemed to load the rounds just as high as the other.

Next, loading rounds to what appeared to be at least halfway up the feed ramps was a three-way tie between the GEN II Lancer L5 AWM, the Military Improved Magazine, and the GEN II PMAG. It should be noted that during the time I was active duty and shooting M855A1 with my team, the two most prevalent magazines used in the unit were GEN II PMAGs and the Improved mag, as they were both issued by the unit.

The last group sat the lowest against the feed ramps. They were the Army mag with green follower, the BCM aluminum mag, the C Products Defense mag, and USGI mag with black follower. So, if one is concerned about feed ramp issues and M855A1, I would stay away from these magazines, since the tips of the rounds had the most contact with their feed ramps."

"What about damaged feed ramps or receivers? Not a single one. *Ok, but how much M855A1 did you actually shoot?* Great question. I can tell you that over a period of two years I’d estimate I shot at least 3,000 rounds of it through two different uppers, a MK18 and a M4A1, both suppressed and un-suppressed, all while using the same lower receiver. During that time, those same uppers also saw at least a thousand rounds of MK262 and a few thousand rounds of M855 green tip."

This article (quotes) was written by Jeff Gurwitch (19 years in Special Forces, 26 years total mil service) who has combat duty experience in Afghanistan (2 years), and actual hands on experience with M855A1 ammo, not just some guy on an internet forum. Gurwitch now shoots competitions and writes for two magazines.

Notice the BCM mags finish poorly.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

Judging by your comments here and elsewhere, I’m not sure what you have against BCM, but those mags are not made by BCM. They are D&H mags.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    From the second article I linked above:
    "With the availability of M855A1 to civilians being very limited, the chance of the average civilian shooter getting ahold of enough M855A1 to perhaps cause some damage is a non-issue right now, in my opinion. The one positive from this I can see being useful for everyone is that magazines that load higher up the feed ramp can be more reliable."

Also gen 3 Pmags are improved and offer a better stripped round angle from the mag, reducing or eliminating the damage from M855A1.

Another quote:

"Out of all the magazines I checked, the best for having the highest clearance, both left and right feed, was the military issue Enhanced Performance Magazine (fully clearing the feed ramp on the left side, two thirds of the way up on the right), followed by the Gen III PMAG and Israeli Military Industries Defense magazine. There was no real difference between the GEN III PMAG and the IMI Defense mag. Both seemed to load the rounds just as high as the other.

Next, loading rounds to what appeared to be at least halfway up the feed ramps was a three-way tie between the GEN II Lancer L5 AWM, the Military Improved Magazine, and the GEN II PMAG. It should be noted that during the time I was active duty and shooting M855A1 with my team, the two most prevalent magazines used in the unit were GEN II PMAGs and the Improved mag, as they were both issued by the unit.

The last group sat the lowest against the feed ramps. They were the Army mag with green follower, the BCM aluminum mag, the C Products Defense mag, and USGI mag with black follower. So, if one is concerned about feed ramp issues and M855A1, I would stay away from these magazines, since the tips of the rounds had the most contact with their feed ramps."

All good info. It really shines in shorter barrels. Faster burn. I hear that if you run an adjustable gas block or even an adjustable gas keyed carrier and close it down a little you’ll save a little wear and tear.
    I sure wouldn’t mind a couple thousand of those projectiles. My first green tips were just pulled SS109’s I loaded on a .223 dose.
    If I had the A1 pills I could load some fun rounds that won’t kill a rifle quite so fast.

Last edited:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Thanks for the warning! I will avoid shooting M855A1 if it ever comes available. Units have armorers to take care of the issues involved. I don’t!

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    All good info. It really shines in shorter barrels. Faster burn. I hear that if you run an adjustable gas block or even an adjustable gas keyed carrier and close it down a little you’ll save a little wear and tear.
    I sure wouldn’t mind a couple thousand of those projectiles. My first green tips were just pulled SS109’s I loaded on a .223 dose.
    If I had the A1 pills I could load some fun rounds that won’t kill a rifle quite so fast.

I have the SA adjustable GB on my 16" ultra lite 556 build. Had one also on a 300BO pistol build but I sold that about a month ago. The adjustable GB is simply invaluable on a suppressed AR pistol or rifle. I picked up some heavier tungsten buffer weights too on sale a while back and a couple Geissele twisted wire buffer springs for experiments in tuning of the recoil impulse on rifles. As you well know, most commercially sold ARs (and barrels) are over gassed. Over gassed is safe and works every time, less issues for barrel manufacturers and supply vendors. The negative in extreme cases is the needless battering of the weapon and BCG.

MikeSlater

Sportsman 'N' Paradise
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Walker, LA
    Looks like these guys have a lot of variety in stock. I’ve never ordered from them, but the reviews are good, ship in 1-2 days.
    Yes they’re asking more than we are used to paying but less than prices I’ve been seeing for in stock ammo. If you don’t need ammo please ignore the post. If you wanna secure some now and stop worrying about tomorrow, these are low going rate prices compared to what I’m seeing and it’s ready to ship. If I thought the prices and availability were going back to normal next month I wouldn’t have posted.

https://www.outdoorlimited.com/hand...26&search_text=&per_row=20&sortBy=8&mode=list

Ive ordered 223 and 9mm from them in the past. As well as a couple buddies have. They are legit. Just pay the buck for over boxing :)

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    Just pay the buck for over boxing :)

Interesting little random tidbit I learned this morning, speaking of overboxing... I've had two cases of ammo from Brownells mysteriously "disappear/get damaged" by FedEx in the last couple months -- no irony lost, the second case was the replacement for the first. I was chatting with their claims department this morning working on my refund, and I mentioned how they'd probably save a lot of time and money in loss claims if they just used overboxes, rather than shipping out boxes that said 1000 ROUNDS 9MM AMMUNITION clear as day on the side. She said that even in all this chaos they still have less than 1% loss through the supply chain, and it'd actually cost them more to employ people to package the overboxes than just to absorb the loss. (I figured I'd better not ask if they had factored her salary into that math LOL.) So I guess I'm just the lucky fool with the 0.01% odds of having two cases lost.

MikeSlater

Sportsman 'N' Paradise
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Walker, LA
    Ive see on on couple youtube channels ammo is being stolen, ripped into and firearms disappearing in certain areas of commiefornia. But yes I always over box ammo, at least remove some of the temptation.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Over boxing good, but there’s always that ORMD flag to catch the thief’s attention. I’ve had 2 incidents in the past 10 or so years. Both times I was lucky and shook my head as I handed the obviously tampered with box right back to the driver. Refused packages due to damage=no loss of my time hiking it up to the UPS store or FedEx drop. Also keeps all fingers pointed at the shipper.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Interesting little random tidbit I learned this morning, speaking of overboxing... I've had two cases of ammo from Brownells mysteriously "disappear/get damaged" by FedEx in the last couple months -- no irony lost, the second case was the replacement for the first. I was chatting with their claims department this morning working on my refund, and I mentioned how they'd probably save a lot of time and money in loss claims if they just used overboxes, rather than shipping out boxes that said 1000 ROUNDS 9MM AMMUNITION clear as day on the side. She said that even in all this chaos they still have less than 1% loss through the supply chain, and it'd actually cost them more to employ people to package the overboxes than just to absorb the loss. (I figured I'd better not ask if they had factored her salary into that math LOL.) So I guess I'm just the lucky fool with the 0.01% odds of having two cases lost.

Not just unlucky imo. I ordered the 10 pmags sale deal from Brownells Mag had posted here and they were shipped out 10 days ago. Somehow they were routed or ended up in Chicago for a couple days just sitting, then Indy, then redirected to MS and ultimately delivered to my house. This was via FedEx. I was just fixing to call Brownells and ask wtf is going on with my package when they arrived that day. FedEx and IL, a bad combo. I bet a firearm doesn't have a chance in hell.

Here is my pmag package tracking info if ur interested: https://www.fedex.com/apps/fedextrack/?tracknumbers=9261297641699579714387&locale=en_US

No way will I order ammo from Brownells nor a firearm right now. Something not right is going on with FedEx up north. Maybe stocking up the brothers in IL or OH. Not saying this is fact but it could be happening.

Mag is right, that red ORM-D tag (hazardous material marking) on exterior of an ammo shipment is like "here I am, steal me" for thieves. 1000 rounds of 9mm, sweet. Better yet, a 1000 rounds of 300 BO.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom