New range coming to Millerville in Baton Rouge

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    A NO weekend: a quick search @ nola.com revealed two dead, four shot. And I ventured into NO early Sunday morn to check a couple gravesites, and cruise the lakefront and City Park. Limbs and sh*t everywhere, Harrison Blvd between Canal and Marconi was still without power, all the shops, grocery store, bars, and restaurants. Robert E Lee Blvd sure has changed in just 2 or 3 years, saw two cars on blocks in the yards missing wheels. It was an absolutely beautiful day yesterday.

https://www.nola.com/news/crime_police/article_a12f0ea8-1d28-11eb-85e4-6bad3a418351.html

https://www.nola.com/news/crime_police/article_c4e76b76-1cc2-11eb-982d-df72f030cac9.html

https://www.nola.com/news/crime_police/article_c4e76b76-1cc2-11eb-982d-df72f030cac9.html

And lets not forget the NOPD officer who was shot in the face Friday afternoon in a drive by by a friendly BLM guy in a three wheeled rickshaw taxi in the Quarter.

Last edited:

cdaniel76

Honey Island Range Ofcr.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    Covington, LA
    Yall come on out to Honey Island Range in Pearl River. Yes, it's a little bit of a ride from BR - 1.5 hours from the 10/12 split - but if you're looking for a nice outdoor range with plenty of room that's open to any firearm not on it's own wheels I think yall would like it. Only $6 to enter and you can stay all day if you want. Hell you can even go get lunch in Slidell and come back later and still only pay $6 all day. Bring your guns, ammo and paper targets. We provide the rest. We even have paper targets if you forget your own, 2 for $1.

We'd be glad to have yall...

http://honeyisland.org/ if you want more info

Enal

FIDO
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Gander Mountain is very much alive , but being merged into a new company with Overtons.

The owner is Mark Lemonis and is known for investing in failing businesses and turning them around while leaving the primary owner in place and turning them into successful millionaires but they work hard to keep what they started. He has a TV show called the Profit.

He’s the only Billionaire I’ve ever met and seemed really genuine, but serious about business. I bought him a beer and it really threw him off. Haha

This wasn’t long ago in the LFT location while reopening after temporarily halting construction during the pandemic. I learned a few days later that none of his employees were laid off and kept getting paid while working through his other companies from their home.

Markmmg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    The name of the store has finally been named. It is a chain store called Point Shoot Blank.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I spoke with someone that used to work for this company, ShootPointBlank. All of this is what I was told, so it may or may not be 100% accurate to the new range.

They are basically a big gun shop with a classroom and a few indoor lanes. Surprisingly, they do allow you to draw from the holster, but you need to attend their class to get approval. They offer in house training, but from what I've seen and have been told, it's very antiquated stuff. The "Director of Training" is a Veteran and seems to mean well, but the training videos they put out are comically bad. They are catering to the lowest common denominator, so I'm not surprised by the generic tacticool ways. Supposedly they have a high turnover rate with employees, because of the indoctrinated nonsense, but time will tell. Their mission is to get customers in, sell them some products and convince them they should take some training to go along with it, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

IMO, from what I've seen, FRC Range in Baton Rouge is for the more serious individuals when it comes to firearms and training, but I welcome any new ranges and gun shops.

Broinlaw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2021
    Louisiana
    Any long range options in the area? Looking for a range out to 500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom