Need a new range bag

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    Time for a new range bag, need some advice.

Looking for something preferably non-tacticool looking that can carry a decent amount of gear.

What do you all use and recommend?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    You know what bag I use, but this is a good option that I've used (and sold to another member). I only got rid of it, because I needed something larger for classes.

5.11 Tactical Range Ready Bag

No PALS webbing, no tactical patch panels, doesn't scream gun bag. Looks more like a camera bag with a bottle holder. Only downside is I believe they were discontinued so you will need to find old stock.

BG239_BLK_1500_1.jpg

BG239_BLK_1500_2.jpg

BG239_BLK_1500_3.jpg

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I’m still using the same old heavy duty generic black duffle. I don’t know who makes it. It’s heavy denier, at least 500. I think I might have got it at a garage sale, lol. Prolly the only reason it works for me is because I just keep pistols in zip rugs and mags in the little GI tool bags or other GI shave kit bags I’ve found cheap. It’s just easier to pull out what I wanna shoot and use at the moment. That being said, I have some flat rectangular pistol bags that’ll hold a full size pistol, with seperate mag compartments and an outer zipped compartment. I bought a few cheap from grabagun and they’re nice for keeping each gun and mags together and ready for fun. I could prolly fit 4 in my duffle but haven’t tried that route yet.

Going modular may not suit everybody, but it lets me bring out a few choice picks for the day without a lot of fuss. There are a few items that always stay in there and the rest gets thrown in before a trip.

Last edited:

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    What’s the difference between the $69 version and the $39 version?

Been checking these out myself, based on all the recommendations here... looks like the same bag, but the $59 version is called the range bag "system" and comes with the accessory pack with the two pistol pouches, dump pouch and smaller removable compartment.

Last edited:

SouthernUnderGod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Been checking these out myself, based on all the recommendations here... looks like the same bag, but the $59 version is called the range bag "system" and comes with the accessory pack with the two pistol pouches, dump pouch and smaller removable compartment.

Gotcha. Sure beats my $9.95 Academy bag.

I like buying from MidwayUSA. Larry Potterfield does a lot for the sport and 2A. I think almost all, if not all, are NRA members. A large percentage are Life Members.

It’s a range bag “system”. Like, “it’s not a weapon; it’s a weapon system.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom