Walmart Out of the Gun Business?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaggerBlade

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 26, 2015
    Baton Rouge LA
    From the Wall Street Journal: Walmart Inc. has removed all guns and ammunition from the sales floors of its U.S. stores this week, aiming to head off any potential theft of firearms if stores are broken into amid social unrest.

The retail giant, which sells firearms in about half of its 4,700 U.S. stores, said customers can still purchase guns and ammunition upon request even though they are no longer on display.

lane

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2017
    zachary, la.
    The retail giant, which sells firearms in about half of its 4,700 U.S. stores, said customers can still purchase guns and ammunition upon request even though they are no longer on display.[/QUOTE]

Have you ever been to the gun counter at Walmart? Good luck.

DaggerBlade

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 26, 2015
    Baton Rouge LA
    Yes, I have been to the gun counter at Walmart. I purchased ammo at least 12 times and at 4 different Walmarts this year. I have never had a bad experience or difficulty completing the purchase.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    From the Wall Street Journal: Walmart Inc. has removed all guns and ammunition from the sales floors of its U.S. stores this week, aiming to head off any potential theft of firearms if stores are broken into amid social unrest.

The retail giant, which sells firearms in about half of its 4,700 U.S. stores, said customers can still purchase guns and ammunition upon request even though they are no longer on display.

Ah ha, They pull that crap for every hurricane,Like since at least Katrina .....

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    Today in Walker
    0a5e4473ea9ddac634340f904f894360.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    They do seem to have a "hang 'em all to get the guilty" policy when it comes to dealing with the possibility of looting guns & ammo.

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    So they are predicting what a certain group of individuals may do in the event the election doesn’t go the way said group of individuals thinks it should go?

I do wonder if said group is offended?

TrapperT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2020
    Sulphur,La.
    I don't think its any of that.They know the future just like most of congress,
    the house ,etc knows.There is going to be social unrest and that's a very
    nice way of saying it.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    They don’t have to worry about hiding the work boots and clothing when the peaceful demonstrations come. They should just move everything into the parking lot so the building doesn’t get destroyed in the peaceful protest.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    So they are predicting what a certain group of individuals may do in the event the election doesn’t go the way said group of individuals thinks it should go?

I do wonder if said group is offended?

Though said group has a synergy and kinship with democrats; said group is apolitical. They are The Criminal Party!

But really; how absolutely pathetic is it when you have to plan around "expected" or "likely" violence from criminals at the behest of democrats?

One day there will be a reckoning!

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    They don’t have to worry about hiding the work boots and clothing when the peaceful demonstrations come. They should just move everything into the parking lot so the building doesn’t get destroyed in the peaceful protest.

Hey man BLM! Just ask Drew Brees (spineless jellyfish).

SouthernUnderGod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I subscribe to several lead services for commercial and heavy civil contractors. Walmart is taking bids for the removal of the gun departments in quite a few stores. I’ve seen bid requests for several. One is Biloxi. The plans so removal of the store fixtures where the gun department was, patch, repair and refinish, install new fixtures.
    ca2de0a6ace3254940c6daf590e43e2a.jpg

6e30a7533afad47bf88b8b136ec9b9b9.jpg

a7cd9b1a829dda0c35864e47650a9962.jpg

b17f3490b69632a6036b2554ff5ba01d.jpg

a4c99feab5f6e9ed7d7efca9d012e6db.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I’m sure many Walmart’s will be participating in the peaceful demonstrations where they will be handing out free merchandise. No buggies necessary. Carry out only.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    No great loss to me other than access to local ammo occasionally. Don't purchase my firearms @ walmart. At my local walmart, spotting an employee @ the sporting goods counter is like seeing a 12 point buck. Do purchase my fishing license there sometimes in the past.

We have an Academy for ammo, whenever it returns to the shelves. Or Interstate Guns.

jkingrph

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2007
    Pulled guns and ammo to back storage one day, started returning to display next. Dumb corporate decisions, created extra work for employees. I have next door neighbor who manages a wal mart sporting goods, he like me has a good supply at home, and says most people here in E Texas also do.

Markmmg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    Walmart may as well quite selling guns and ammo. 100% of the times I go by the gun counter at Walmart there is NEVER an employee there to help. What is the point of having guns and ammo for sale if they are kept in a locked cabinet with nobody around to unlock them.

Top Bottom