do you EDC with a hand held light or a rail mounted light?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I don't know of anyone that carries 4 spare magazines as a concealed carrier or off-duty LEO, nor do I know anyone that carries two tourniquets on their ankle, and I don't really know what good a lock picking set or HAM radio would do for a concealed carrier. I don't even know how to use a HAM radio. I do, however, sometimes carry 1 spare magazine and have a Ryker Nylon Gear AFAK that I sometimes carry on my ankle which only has 1 tourniquet.

I have no issues with anyone carrying as much stuff as they want to, and as you've stated previously, you don't either.

The thread seems to be more about EDC than concealed carry. And I wouldn't be surprised if someone here has a set of picks with him on occasion.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    lol silly world we live in... a post about edc flash light got 41 comments .... lol this site should be called like bayou political or bayou cookout... not bayou shooter, those topics seem to get more attraction :mamoru: lol my have the times changed

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    lol silly world we live in... a post about edc flash light got 41 comments .... lol this site should be called like bayou political or bayou cookout... not bayou shooter, those topics seem to get more attraction :mamoru: lol my have the times changed

Just look at all the members here who used to post, who participated regularly, who no longer do. I walked away for about a year solid, no peeking no nothing. 27,000 members and maybe 300 who actually participate. I wonder why? BS is the perfect name.

Last edited:

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    Ironically, up until the last couple posts, I actually thought this was a pretty interesting thread about EDC carry gear.

Back to flashlights, I usually carry a Streamlight Microstream. For $30 it's an amazing little light to pack around for the size, but it's only 250 lumens... so, really handy as an admin light but not so great as a defensive tool. I ordered the newer Macrostream and it was a bit of a piece of crap for nearly $80. Almost twice the size and the increase in lumens was negligible.

0lOr2X4.jpg

I'm still not ready to spend $300 on a Modlite but the ability to melt someone's face with a handheld sounds appealing, so I just ordered up something called the Convoy S2+ with an SST40 head last week... I have no idea what that means, but the flashlight nerds on some other forums say it's good. Could be a total piece of crap, could be amazing, but was only $20 so hard to lose either way. Apparently it's max 1800 lumens in a tiny size, will report back when it shows up.

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    No WML typically during the day. I have another 19 setup with a WML for night time/other use. But I always carry a handheld light, regardless...

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Ironically, up until the last couple posts, I actually thought this was a pretty interesting thread about EDC carry gear.

Back to flashlights, I usually carry a Streamlight Microstream. For $30 it's an amazing little light to pack around for the size, but it's only 250 lumens... so, really handy as an admin light but not so great as a defensive tool. I ordered the newer Macrostream and it was a bit of a piece of crap for nearly $80. Almost twice the size and the increase in lumens was negligible.

0lOr2X4.jpg

I'm still not ready to spend $300 on a Modlite but the ability to melt someone's face with a handheld sounds appealing, so I just ordered up something called the Convoy S2+ with an SST40 head last week... I have no idea what that means, but the flashlight nerds on some other forums say it's good. Could be a total piece of crap, could be amazing, but was only $20 so hard to lose either way. Apparently it's max 1800 lumens in a tiny size, will report back when it shows up.

i have one like that i edc at work ... great for in the pocket and cause i cant have a cell phone at work... but every other edc situation i carry a pistol with a light on it, and depend on my cell phone light for other situations... now i got lights stashed around my house, back door, night stand, trucks, cars, 4 wheelers, deer stands ect if needed

this is what i carry at work
    https://www.streamlight.com/products/detail/index/stylus-pro

Last edited:

JimmyJames

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2021
    Lafayette, LA
    The thread seems to be more about EDC than concealed carry. And I wouldn't be surprised if someone here has a set of picks with him on occasion.
    *Raises Hand* Some of us occasionally pick locks for work, despite not being locksmiths. I have a pick set and lockpick gun, as well as a set of 63 keys in a giant ring that will get me into about 60% of all vacant and listed houses out there.

I personally would recommend an Olight for your EDC flashlight. Streamlight is GREAT for rail-mounted flashlights (I have one mounted on my non-work carry gun), but not my preferred pocket flashlight. I personally use the M2R Pro Warrior. Max 1800 LUMEN (actual 1800, not China-made mislabeled junk). It has fantastic throw while illuminating really well. I think it's perfect in every way - strike bezel seconds as a window breaker, it has 2 contact surfaces (1 is 2-stage) and multi-function setup, so you can have multiple lumen settings set up as well as a separate strobe for emergency use. Mine is set up for medium-LUMEN and max-LUMEN for work purposes, while fully depressing the rear contact activates strobe. Great all-rounder. Waterproof, rechargeable, battery lasts a really long time (I use it constantly for work, and only charge it once a week), and can take AA if you need it to, though it won't run as long and max LUMEN setting isn't quite as bright. Bought on sale, I think I paid about $100 for it. Considering all the $15-$20 flashlights people go through over the years, I'd say it's a good investment.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom