Magdump, you would like this a lot.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Arrived this past Friday via USPS, had been on back order for a month. 1.75x6" grade 9 Titanium tube, grade 5 Ti Griffin Armament suitable taper adapter and distal end cap from SPC. Weighs 6.2 ounces minus the internals, which will be heat treated SS. It will become my soon to be form 1 suppressor for a 300 BO pistol host. Beautifully machined, almost too pretty in the raw to coat.

DSC-0018.jpg

DSC-0019.jpg

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Still no love John_WTH?

It's ok man, don't have a coronary. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I am quite content with it. She gonna look swell on my 10.5" BO AR, and sound good too. Mag prob hasn't seen this thread yet.
    Got my fingerprint card done earlier today and ready to mail @ USPS tomorrow morning.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Arrived this past Friday via USPS, had been on back order for a month. 1.75x6" grade 9 Titanium tube, grade 5 Ti Griffin Armament suitable taper adapter and distal end cap from SPC. Weighs 6.2 ounces minus the internals, which will be heat treated SS. It will become my soon to be form 1 suppressor for a 300 BO pistol host. Beautifully machined, almost too pretty in the raw to coat.

DSC-0018.jpg

DSC-0019.jpg

Is that a better quality version of the stuff on wish.com? I looked at the price of the not yet a silencer and I was surprised on how much they actually are for what you're getting. Are you going to weld it to a 10.5* barrel to make a rifle or are you looking to make it qd or direct thread?

Mag prob hasn't seen this thread yet.

It seems he tries to post in almost every thread regardless if the post adds any information to the thread. So the fact he hasn't posted in this thread means you're probably right.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Looks good John. (I don’t think you’ll find any titanium on Wish)

Considerations:
    Slow slow drilling when you’re legally able. Nobody seems to have a clue at the chore it is to drill and cut titanium until they start killing bits and blades. Slower speed, light pressure on and off. Don’t rush the cut and use plenty of oil or oil and water mix to keep it as cool as possible. Mix some in a squirt bottle or spray bottle and adjust the tip for a stream. Start and stop contact often, just chip away at it. ***If your bit is not actively cutting the piece and it’s building heat all you’ll accomplish is to work harden the area you’re trying to cut.***
    Cobalt bits seem to work the best.

You can heat color titanium, especially thin parts like a tube. You can also anodize using easy battery powered methods and have a choice of colors depending on voltage. If you go that route I have some pieces you can practice on.

Duracoat works well if you do your prep work and seems to hold up to the heat well. Titanium will get as hot as steel but dissipates the heat faster.
    If you choose the do it yourself route on a suppressor, titanium is a good choice, especially if all parts are titanium. The difference in weight is crazy. I would apply for the stamp before I even order parts.
    Good luck John!

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Is that a better quality version of the stuff on wish.com? I looked at the price of the not yet a silencer and I was surprised on how much they actually are for what you're getting. Are you going to weld it to a 10.5* barrel to make a rifle or are you looking to make it qd or direct thread?

It seems he tries to post in almost every thread regardless if the post adds any information to the thread. So the fact he hasn't posted in this thread means you're probably right.

It's way way better quality than the wish stuff. I ordered it with a Griffin Armament adapter on the firearm side. It accepts any GA QD threaded taper mount muzzle device, such as the GA Palladin two port muzzle brake, which is in itself is masterfully executed by GA. SPC products are not cheap by any means but they are well known in the Form 1 world as one of the best suppliers. So this can will thread onto the GA muzzle brake on my pistol.

SPC is just one supplier, there are so many options, so many possibilities. Tube ODs, lengths, diff materials, adapters or direct thread, cone shapes and designs.

There is a form 1 forum, it is a discussion and sharing of information for form 1 owner built or assembled suppressors. The huge advantage of a form 1 suppressor is with form 1 there is still ATF efile (on line application) available, and approvals are running about 20 to 40 days versus perhaps 180 to 300 days for a form 4 commercial suppressor purchase.

I have been a member of the form 1 forum for 3 years. You cannot view any forum posts or info without actually joining the forum and being approved. No guest view, that isn't happening. The knowledge base is massive, with members spanning NFGs to 20 year veterans who have designed and built numerous suppressors. Some work in the firearms/suppressor industry itself. There is a list of supply vendors on the forum too. And person to person classifieds. New guys join and read for a week to learn and absorb info, then ask questions or solicit opinions on their specific plan.

There has not been an efile option for form 4 transfers for years, since the 41F revisions (roughly July 0f 2016). The form 1 forum I speak of is https://form1suppressor.boards.net/

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    That’s just wrong Perez.
    What does your comment add to this thread? Nothing positive and nothing factual. But it’s telling.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    It's ok man, don't have a coronary. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I am quite content with it. She gonna look swell on my 10.5" BO AR, and sound good too. Mag prob hasn't seen this thread yet.
    Got my fingerprint card done earlier today and ready to mail @ USPS tomorrow morning.

Oh hell man, As long as it takes to get stamps and all,You'll probably be picking it up in a wheelchair and everything?

I have an antiquated Omega on mine....Looks nice though !!!

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    What muzzle device does the Griffin adapter attach to? I’m only familiar with their 3 lug and A2 compatible stuff.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Looks good John. (I don’t think you’ll find any titanium on Wish)

Considerations:
    Slow slow drilling when you’re legally able. Nobody seems to have a clue at the chore it is to drill and cut titanium until they start killing bits and blades. Slower speed, light pressure on and off. Don’t rush the cut and use plenty of oil or oil and water mix to keep it as cool as possible. Mix some in a squirt bottle or spray bottle and adjust the tip for a stream. Start and stop contact often, just chip away at it. ***If your bit is not actively cutting the piece and it’s building heat all you’ll accomplish is to work harden the area you’re trying to cut.***
    Cobalt bits seem to work the best.

You can heat color titanium, especially thin parts like a tube. You can also anodize using easy battery powered methods and have a choice of colors depending on voltage. If you go that route I have some pieces you can practice on.

Duracoat works well if you do your prep work and seems to hold up to the heat well. Titanium will get as hot as steel but dissipates the heat faster.
    If you choose the do it yourself route on a suppressor, titanium is a good choice, especially if all parts are titanium. The difference in weight is crazy. I would apply for the stamp before I even order parts.
    Good luck John!

Thanks Mag. That is solid advice on drilling Ti. I have purchased a drill press with an x/y vise and several cobalt and carbide bits in the last couple years. Ti can be a challenge to drill properly no doubt. Cooling is critical. Drilling or cutting heat treated SS is no piece of cake either.

Titanium weighs 55% that of steel. I had purchased a Quell Tech mod-u-less machined completely in grade 9 Ti on a CNC machine, it was just gorgeous, a work of art imo. I sold it unmolested to a friend. And it was hard to cut it loose to him, but I did. It was to be for his young grandson.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Oh hell man, As long as it takes to get stamps and all,You'll probably be picking it up in a wheelchair and everything?

I have an antiquated Omega on mine....Looks nice though !!!

See my post # 9 in this thread. Read it twice if you must. Paragraph #3.

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    That’s just wrong Perez.
    What does your comment add to this thread? Nothing positive and nothing factual. But it’s telling.

It’s my opinion based on my observations. And it was only part of a post. The rest of the post added to this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It's way way better quality than the wish stuff. I ordered it with a Griffin Armament adapter on the firearm side. It accepts any GA QD threaded taper mount muzzle device, such as the GA Palladin two port muzzle brake, which is in itself is masterfully executed by GA. SPC products are not cheap by any means but they are well known in the Form 1 world as one of the best suppliers. So this can will thread onto the GA muzzle brake on my pistol.

SPC is just one supplier, there are so many options, so many possibilities. Tube ODs, lengths, diff materials, adapters or direct thread, cone shapes and designs.

There is a form 1 forum, it is a discussion and sharing of information for form 1 owner built or assembled suppressors. The huge advantage of a form 1 suppressor is with form 1 there is still ATF efile (on line application) available, and approvals are running about 20 to 40 days versus perhaps 180 to 300 days for a form 4 commercial suppressor purchase.

I have been a member of the form 1 forum for 3 years. You cannot view any forum posts or info without actually joining the forum and being approved. No guest view, that isn't happening. The knowledge base is massive, with members spanning NFGs to 20 year veterans who have designed and built numerous suppressors. Some work in the firearms/suppressor industry itself. There is a list of supply vendors on the forum too. And person to person classifieds. New guys join and read for a week to learn and absorb info, then ask questions or solicit opinions on their specific plan.

There has not been an efile option for form 4 transfers for years, since the 41F revisions (roughly July 0f 2016). The form 1 forum I speak of is https://form1suppressor.boards.net/

I might have to look into that route. It seems like a (slightly) less expensive route. I’ve got all the basics covered so I think I would be looking toward specialty cans now, like 5.56 or permanently attached to make rifle length. I’d say I’d head over there and look around but it seems I won’t be. I’ll likely read up a bit on form 1 cans and look at the forum if I want to go further.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I might have to look into that route. It seems like a (slightly) less expensive route. I’ve got all the basics covered so I think I would be looking toward specialty cans now, like 5.56 or permanently attached to make rifle length. I’d say I’d head over there and look around but it seems I won’t be. I’ll likely read up a bit on form 1 cans and look at the forum if I want to go further.

I’m curious what the total cost of a decent F1 can would be. There have been some really good deals on quality F4 suppressors lately. I can see the allure to building one yourself for the enjoyment of doing so, but I’m curious if it’s actually cheaper when you factor everything into it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom