Limit on posts?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    So I’m having trouble understanding why anyone would discourage members from posting in a forum....since that’s a huge part of what makes a forum work. I’m wondering if there’s a limit on the number of posts in a day or in total for a member. I’ve never seen the subject come up before and I don’t see anything in the forum rules that applies. I’m only asking because I’ve been accused personally of:
    Posting in nearly every thread.
    Making posts that don’t add anything to a thread.
    Posting excessively in order to increase my post count.

I did my homework before posting this thread, just for the record, and:
    I’m nowhere near the highest post count.
    I don’t care to be anywhere near the highest post count.
    I also do not post in any majority of threads on any particular day.
    I don’t post in every thread I visit.
    I see posts from other members every day that could easily be deemed as completely irrelevant to the thread.

So, in order to assure that I’m not breaking forum rules and otherwise causing problems for the site, can someone please clarify for me, if not for everyone here, is there a daily limit for posts? I’m only asking because the accusation has been directed at me on two separate occasions as of late.
    Thanks

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

In.....

Attachments

• popcorn.jpg
      popcorn.jpg
      24.9 KB · Views: 188

ozarkpugs

Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    I would venture to say if you were to stroke the right egos and never disagree with certain members the accusations and complaints would go away .

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Bigchillin83

Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    So I’m having trouble understanding why anyone would discourage members from posting in a forum....since that’s a huge part of what makes a forum work. I’m wondering if there’s a limit on the number of posts in a day or in total for a member. I’ve never seen the subject come up before and I don’t see anything in the forum rules that applies. I’m only asking because I’ve been accused personally of:

I see posts from other members every day that could easily be deemed as completely irrelevant to the thread.

So, in order to assure that I’m not breaking forum rules and otherwise causing problems for the site, can someone please clarify for me, if not for everyone here, is there a daily limit for posts? I’m only asking because the accusation has been directed at me on two separate occasions as of late.
    Thanks

so obviously you said all of that just to get a rise out of sombody and to get another post to you tally? i can see that :rofl:

Bigchillin83

Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    ive requested a thread like that before and never got it... lots of sites have it... like ar15 has the "dumping brass" where you can say what you want lol assuming it doesnt turn racial or threating harm... other than that its the thunder dome

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    I don't know why people pick on anyone in particular about post count. Every time I visit the forum to look at new threads it's 90% WTB/WTS threads and 10% chaos. The same 4-5 names in those threads having the same tired arguments with each other using the ignore function but then replying to quotes of people on the ignore list. It gets old. I like to learn so I still come around but half the time any learning experience turns into a **** show because a few people can't get along and coexist with each other. I got sucked into it once and it wasn't a fun experience at all so I'm not sure why people like living in conflict.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Yeah, I know, it’s shameful that it’s come to this. I could definitely do without all the bickering and the arguments are pointless 99% of the time. I can choose not to answer a trolling post, but being called out for posting in general is puzzling to me. Has anyone else been called out for their post count? Gator, your post count is higher than mine. Anyone trying to keep you from posting or otherwise saying you post too much? Are there any rules about how many posts per day or week? I realize we aren’t guaranteed 1st amendment rights on a forum, but is there any rule that limits posting?
    Maybe I’m completely missing the point. I’m not striving to have the highest post count. I don’t see any benefit or advantage at all there. No prize that I’m aware of. I’d just like some clarification if it’s not too much to ask.

DaggerBlade

Premium Member
    Jan 26, 2015
    Baton Rouge LA
    - - - Updated - - -

Thanks

I read somewhere that the limit is the same as the number of firearms and ammo you can own.

Last edited:

Bigchillin83

Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Yeah, I know, it’s shameful that it’s come to this. I could definitely do without all the bickering and the arguments are pointless 99% of the time. I can choose not to answer a trolling post, but being called out for posting in general is puzzling to me. Has anyone else been called out for their post count? Gator, your post count is higher than mine. Anyone trying to keep you from posting or otherwise saying you post too much? Are there any rules about how many posts per day or week? I realize we aren’t guaranteed 1st amendment rights on a forum, but is there any rule that limits posting?
    Maybe I’m completely missing the point. I’m not striving to have the highest post count. I don’t see any benefit or advantage at all there. No prize that I’m aware of. I’d just like some clarification if it’s not too much to ask.

now you calling out people with high posting lol... this is great

machinedrummer

Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Sounds like poster suppression. I always wear a mask while posting just so I keep grandma safe.

Gator 45/70

Nah man,Not a peep on my post count...I'm kinda jealous I'm not getting any love

It's almost like some follow you around just to post snarky sheet's....They bored them...lol

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I don't know about post count but if there is an argument you are always a part of it....among others.
    Oh I admit I’ve been part of a few and I know anyone can walk away from an argument. I know no matter who’s right or wrong, it’s all about participation, but always? I know better.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom