Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Limit on posts?

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Limit on posts?

So I’m having trouble understanding why anyone would discourage members from posting in a forum....since that’s a huge part of what makes a forum work. I’m wondering if there’s a limit on the number of posts in a day or in total for a member. I’ve never seen the subject come up before and I don’t see anything in the forum rules that applies. I’m only asking because I’ve been accused personally of:
    Posting in nearly every thread.
    Making posts that don’t add anything to a thread.
    Posting excessively in order to increase my post count.

I did my homework before posting this thread, just for the record, and:
    I’m nowhere near the highest post count.
    I don’t care to be anywhere near the highest post count.
    I also do not post in any majority of threads on any particular day.
    I don’t post in every thread I visit.
    I see posts from other members every day that could easily be deemed as completely irrelevant to the thread.

So, in order to assure that I’m not breaking forum rules and otherwise causing problems for the site, can someone please clarify for me, if not for everyone here, is there a daily limit for posts? I’m only asking because the accusation has been directed at me on two separate occasions as of late.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Magdump; November 3rd, 2020 at 07:50 AM.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

In.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	popcorn.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	100090  
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I would venture to say if you were to stroke the right egos and never disagree with certain members the accusations and complaints would go away .

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ozarkpugs View Post
    I would venture to say if you were to stroke the right egos and never disagree with certain members the accusations and complaints would go away .

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk
    hmmm... that makes sense

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    So I’m having trouble understanding why anyone would discourage members from posting in a forum....since that’s a huge part of what makes a forum work. I’m wondering if there’s a limit on the number of posts in a day or in total for a member. I’ve never seen the subject come up before and I don’t see anything in the forum rules that applies. I’m only asking because I’ve been accused personally of:
    Posting in nearly every thread.
    Making posts that don’t add anything to a thread.
    Posting excessively in order to increase my post count.

I did my homework before posting this thread, just for the record, and:
    I’m nowhere near the highest post count.
    I don’t care to be anywhere near the highest post count.
    I also do not post in any majority of threads on any particular day.
    I don’t post in every thread I visit.
    I see posts from other members every day that could easily be deemed as completely irrelevant to the thread.

So, in order to assure that I’m not breaking forum rules and otherwise causing problems for the site, can someone please clarify for me, if not for everyone here, is there a daily limit for posts? I’m only asking because the accusation has been directed at me on two separate occasions as of late.
    Thanks
    so obviously you said all of that just to get a rise out of sombody and to get another post to you tally? i can see that

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

This forum needs an Inferno thread,No Holds Barred.....lol
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

ive requested a thread like that before and never got it... lots of sites have it... like ar15 has the "dumping brass" where you can say what you want lol assuming it doesnt turn racial or threating harm... other than that its the thunder dome

We are the hammer

User Info Menu

I don't know why people pick on anyone in particular about post count. Every time I visit the forum to look at new threads it's 90% WTB/WTS threads and 10% chaos. The same 4-5 names in those threads having the same tired arguments with each other using the ignore function but then replying to quotes of people on the ignore list. It gets old. I like to learn so I still come around but half the time any learning experience turns into a shit show because a few people can't get along and coexist with each other. I got sucked into it once and it wasn't a fun experience at all so I'm not sure why people like living in conflict.

What's This For Again

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bigchillin83 View Post
    so obviously you said all of that just to get a rise out of sombody and to get another post to you tally? i can see that
    Burn

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Yeah, I know, it’s shameful that it’s come to this. I could definitely do without all the bickering and the arguments are pointless 99% of the time. I can choose not to answer a trolling post, but being called out for posting in general is puzzling to me. Has anyone else been called out for their post count? Gator, your post count is higher than mine. Anyone trying to keep you from posting or otherwise saying you post too much? Are there any rules about how many posts per day or week? I realize we aren’t guaranteed 1st amendment rights on a forum, but is there any rule that limits posting?
    Maybe I’m completely missing the point. I’m not striving to have the highest post count. I don’t see any benefit or advantage at all there. No prize that I’m aware of. I’d just like some clarification if it’s not too much to ask.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...