Post Feedback

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    You and me both. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again if you added a response emoji this place would be even better��������������������

The only argument I can think of against it is that some people are already all up in their feels. Allowing the ability for more people to more easily *rate* a post could easily exacerbate the issue. But I’m willing to give it a try. Do we know if the forum software even supports it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    The only argument I can think of against it is that some people are already all up in their feels. Allowing the ability for more people to more easily *rate* a post could easily exacerbate the issue. But I’m willing to give it a try. Do we know if the forum software even supports it?

There's a few out there for vbulletin 4. Just go to https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/search.php?f=245 and search for keywords. I found these two.

https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=233296

[AJAX] Helpful Answers - Allow users to rate individual posts
    Every day your users contribute hundreds if not thousands of posts making it hard for new members and guests to separate out the best answers from those that are less helpful. The Helpful Answers System offers your members a quick way to rate individual posts as either helpful or not allowing future visitors to understand the value of each post.

https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=243510

[DBTech] Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3 (vB4) [AJAX]What it is: Advanced Thanks/Like mod is designed to cut down on spam and increase useful content in your forum by using a peer encouragement system - users thank/like each others posts, which can give them access to attachements, post content etc, as well as encourage the thanked person to post more great content.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I moved the relevant posts to a new thread as they were off topic in the other thread.

I'll look at those and see what else is available. I think having the ability to mark a post as positive is only mildly useful without the ability to mark a post as negative. I think that may be where the idea may run into issues. I noticed one of the above links allows for a 1-10 rating. There was talk of the site moving to a different software so that may also be an issue. I can log into the vbulletin site from home and I'm at work right now.

Bangswitch

Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you

Yeah reacting with the emojis I tend to frequent would probably ruffle some hen feathers. But it would be rather amusing for me.

Bangswitch

Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I moved the relevant posts to a new thread as they were off topic in the other thread.

I'll look at those and see what else is available. I think having the ability to mark a post as positive is only mildly useful without the ability to mark a post as negative. I think that may be where the idea may run into issues. I noticed one of the above links allows for a 1-10 rating. There was talk of the site moving to a different software so that may also be an issue. I can log into the vbulletin site from home and I'm at work right now.

Yeah no doubt. I tend start off on topic or at least topic adjacent and somehow wonder off into more interesting conversation.

If it’s a like/dislike type thing it’s better than nothing but emojis is where it’s at. When a post gets a bunch of thumbs up or facepalms it just gives a reader something other than 10 pages bickering. Both have their place and both can amuse me so I’m not here to judge or condemn anyone. Think of it like adding a little more crab boil to the pot.

DAVE_M

_________
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Other vBulletin systems have implemented a reputation system that allows for the rating of individual posts.

Bangswitch

Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Other vBulletin systems have implemented a reputation system that allows for the rating of individual posts.

That doesn’t really intrigue me. But consider those knowledgeable if guys who don’t respond because the don’t want to waste their energy arguing with some knot-head on the internet. If they could give stupid posts a barf emoji or a facepalm emoji there point could be conveyed without the wasted effort of arguing for 26 pages.

DAVE_M

_________
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    That doesn’t really intrigue me. But consider those knowledgeable if guys who don’t respond because the don’t want to waste their energy arguing with some knot-head on the internet. If they could give stupid posts a barf emoji or a facepalm emoji there point could be conveyed without the wasted effort of arguing for 26 pages.

I’m not sure the rating system would really work here. There are too many people who would abuse it. I’m on another forum that uses it, but the forum is private and the rating system is regulated. I can see some here leaving negative ratings just because they disagree, which isn’t what it was meant for.

Bangswitch

Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I’m not sure the rating system would really work here. There are too many people who would abuse it. I’m on another forum that uses it, but the forum is private and the rating system is regulated. I can see some here leaving negative ratings just because they disagree, which isn’t what it was meant for.

And see if we had the emoji thing I would have given this post one of those red 100% emojis, but alas I’m relegated to post, ‘agreed’. I’m so oppressed here. :rofl:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Oct 22, 2012
    Can we vote on it? Can I be in charge of the votes? I can hire some folks out of Detroit to help us...
    Haha good one!

But we used both of those plug-ins mentioned above and both were abused and didn't work.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Gator 45/70

Whats up with the feedback?
    I bought 2 items today out of different For sale sections From the same dude but was denied from posting twice in the ratings for the same guy.
    2 different for sale sections wtf?
    2 different items.......2 separate for sale ads....???

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Oct 22, 2012
    Whats up with the feedback?
    I bought 2 items today out of different For sale sections From the same dude but was denied from posting twice in the ratings for the same guy.
    2 different for sale sections wtf?
    2 different items.......2 separate for sale ads....???
    Use the link to the posts when submitting the feedback. It probably defaults his profile instead.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Bangswitch

Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Sorry, but you must wait until November 4th, 2020 at 08:13 PM before you can rate this person again.

Apparently I'm rushing a timer of sorts,Bangswitch for President !

I can see the headlines now. Op-research would have a pretty easy gig. Time consuming but there is plenty to find. Never smoked with Snoop or Willy, but I’ve done some interesting things.

Not sure what the deal is with the classifieds feedback I’m not the best at following through with that sort of thing, and I tend to not do many deals these days.

Last edited:

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    You and me both. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again if you added a response emoji this place would be even better��������������������

I was being sarcastic, where I actually read the thread and saw grown ups complaining about post count and substance of posts. It was to be funny, not to actually run up my post count.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom