Renewal of CCW

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mannelite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2019
    Covington, Louisiana
    Holy F*** when will someone stand up and say this is all a massive infringement!?!?! If providing an ID to vote is prohibitively difficult then a $200 8hr class in which you must provide ammo is prohibitively difficult!

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Holy F*** when will someone stand up and say this is all a massive infringement!?!?! If providing an ID to vote is prohibitively difficult then a $200 8hr class in which you must provide ammo is prohibitively difficult!

The class averages about $100.

However, you do need to pay $125 for the 5 year permit, acquire finger print cards or travel to LSP HQ for electronic prints, pay for a notary to notarize the affidavits, and pay for postage.

I don't think anyone here thinks it isn't a pain to deal with, but I also value being able to carry concealed, so until legislation changes, I suppose we have to play the game.

Jlong1691

Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2020
    Denham Springs
    The class averages about $100.

However, you do need to pay $125 for the 5 year permit, acquire finger print cards or travel to LSP HQ for electronic prints, pay for a notary to notarize the affidavits, and pay for postage.

I don't think anyone here thinks it isn't a pain to deal with, but I also value being able to carry concealed, so until legislation changes, I suppose we have to play the game.

As of May12 if you do the forms through the website, there is no longer a Notary required for the LDH document.

profile_mask2.png

Good morning instructors,

As stated in my last email, the CHP Unit continues to review and revise the application process in our commitment to make the process as efficient as possible. To update that, the required LDH application form NO LONGER needs to be notarized, and has been updated on our website http://www.lsp.org/handguns.html to reflect this change.

As we continue to move forward in streamlining the application process, I hope this small step helps. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!

LSP ConcealedHandgun <Lsp.ConcealedHandgun@la.gov>
    Tue, May 12, 9:28 AM

cleardot.gif

I have all of my clients use the website, as it is the recommended way to apply by LSP, the most efficient, and least costly.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    That's only for the LDH document. I still had to have the affidavits notarized. I thought it was really stupid that they changed it and even more stupid that the paper crimped seal isn't visible when scanned.

I also thought it was really stupid that you had to print ANYTHING when doing the online application.

Last edited:

Jlong1691

Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2020
    Denham Springs
    That's only for the LDH document. I still had to have the affidavits notarized. I thought it was really stupid that they changed it and even more stupid that the paper crimped seal isn't visible when scanned.

I also thought it was really stupid that you had to print ANYTHING when doing the online application.

Not required anymore, whole process online requires no notary.

profile_mask2.png

Instructors,

The CHP Unit recently launched a digital signature feature for applicants utilizing the online application system. With this updated functionality, applicants submitting their applications online can digitally sign the forms (Affidavits and LDH) in lieu of printing, physically notarizing, and scanning into the system. Applicants still choosing to submit paper applications must have the forms (except the LDH form) notarized.

Due to the CHP Unit receiving a high volume of mail, applicants are encouraged to apply online to reduce the amount of paper applications and lessen the review time.

[h=3]LSP ConcealedHandgun <Lsp.ConcealedHandgun@la.gov>[/h]
    Tue, Oct 6, 3:46 PM
    to
    cleardot.gif

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    Back in 2015, they were starting to attempt to implement the 8 hour rule for renewals. Most instructors that I contacted told me I had to take the full class, even though the rules weren't officially changed yet. Unfortunately mine lapsed during COVID due to work obligations preventing me from taking time off to attend a course. I'll get to re-applying when I get to it...

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Must be very recent, I submitted my renewal August 28th of this year and had to get them notarized, as per the website instructions.

That's the big issue. When you go on the website, there isn't much documentation showing what has changed, so you really have to read everything. I looked all over for the affidavits online until someone told me I had to back out and print them from the PDF.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Must be very recent, I submitted my renewal August 28th of this year and had to get them notarized, as per the website instructions.

I did my last renewal online in Jan. 2018 and I didn't have to do any notary stuff. It was also my first free CHP because of being a Vet.

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    I also submitted my renewal Dec 14th, also veteren, was still showing processing so I called today to see what was going on. She said she escalated it to the next level. I’ll check on it again next week.

andmess14

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 22, 2016
    Houma, LA
    I’d be glad to help anyone needing a class. I’m based out of Houma.

Andy Messina
    LA-CHP Instructor #1437
    985-804-4547

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    I also submitted my renewal Dec 14th, also veteren, was still showing processing so I called today to see what was going on. She said she escalated it to the next level. I’ll check on it again next week.

Got mine in today after calling them last week. She said she pushed to the next level, well the next day I got an email saying it was approve, and came in today.

Top Bottom