MRDS pros... I have a question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bush_hog

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jul 8, 2007
    Covington
    I've got 3 Glocks that I'll be setting up with Holosuns. What back up irons should I order? I have a g43x with a RMR cut slide, a g26 with a RMR cut slide and a g19gen5 MOS...

Thanks for helping. I haven't been able to locate any suppressor height sights for the 43x... I think I found what I'm putting on the g19, and still looking for the g26.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Zev sights, Rainer arms sights, and Ameriglo suppressor sights all sit at around .300-.315 which work pretty well at getting a cowitness without taking up too much of the window.

The MOS gun needs even taller sights like the one listed in the previous post. I have Dawson MOS sights on my mos g34 which I believe is .385 height. It’s pretty damn tall but needs to be to compensate for the higher mount that the mounting plate thickness

Also, Trijicon sights I feel are a little too tall. It's not dawson MOS tall, but it's definitely higher and gives almost an "absolute cowitness" look like on an AR, which comes at the expense of blocking some view of the window.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Ameriglo GL-429 for any milled slides or MOS guns using aftermarket plates.

You will have to check the width for any sights being used on the G43X slide to ensure the rear won’t be too wide.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Zev sights, Rainer arms sights, and Ameriglo suppressor sights all sit at around .300-.315 which work pretty well at getting a cowitness without taking up too much of the window.

The MOS gun needs even taller sights like the one listed in the previous post. I have Dawson MOS sights on my mos g34 which I believe is .385 height. It’s pretty damn tall but needs to be to compensate for the higher mount that the mounting plate thickness

You don’t need MOS height sights for MOS guns. Standard Ameriglo GL-429 will also work. They just sit a little lower.

Last edited:

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    You don’t need MOS height sights for MOS guns. Standard Ameriglo GL-429 will also work. They just sit a little lower.

I have a gen 4 G34 MOS, and the Ameriglo was too short. I have the ameriglo on multiple guns, and tried it before I went with the .385 height.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I have a gen 4 G34 MOS, and the Ameriglo was too short. I have the ameriglo on multiple guns, and tried it before I went with the .385 height.

They are shorter, but they are still usable. The problem is that you’re likely using the factory MOS plates.

PuCXczU_d.webp

71odU12_d.webp

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    They are shorter, but they are still usable. The problem is that you’re likely using the factory MOS plates.

PuCXczU_d.webp

71odU12_d.webp

Yes, I was using the factory MOS plates that came with my MOS, and it is for the trijicon RMR. I figure that's what most people buying MOS guns were using.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Yes, I was using the factory MOS plates that came with my MOS, and it is for the trijicon RMR. I figure that's what most people buying MOS guns were using.

Even with the MOS plate, they are still usable.

Ameriglo GL-470 is the MOS set if you plan on using the factory plates.

Top Bottom