Seekins vs Aero

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    ga precision is known to have one of the most of not the most accurate production 308 semi auto rifle. They happen to use Seekins to build their billet receiver set. Why? Bc Seekins precision makes good products.
    https://www.gaprecision.net/gap-10-g2.html

So I guess so long as you’re not planning to drive over your rifle with a truck, billet should be ok.

And the talk about aesthetics is just one advantage of a billet receiver. You fail to mention the additional feature some of them add like the ambi controls, built in QD sockets, flared magwells, etc

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    The Aero receivers I buy also have threaded bolt release pin hole and rear takedown pin detent and spring hole can be plugged with a screw that comes in the Aero LPK (their LPK supports the features of the lower). I own Seekins receiver sets and Aero 4 and 5 series (AR15 and AR10) and my preference is Aero. I like the looks and ease of assembly of Aero and the last Seekins lower I built had trigger and/or hammer pin holes that were off enough to keep the trigger from freely resetting. After trying 3 separate fire control groups, I elected to send it back. The other alternative was to fit a cassette style trigger but there was no guarantee.
    That and Aero generally costs a little less.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Thanks for all the replies. Trying to get educated before a purchase.

What are your intentions for the rifle?
    Self defense, hunting, plinking?
    What is your budget?
    What features do you want?

Both rifles will likely serve their purpose, but we can’t really suggest one or the other if we don't know what you're looking for. Myself and others have stated previously that Seekins objectively makes a better rifle, but do you need that? Maybe not. Any of the Aero rifles may do just fine for whatever you're looking to do. Your biggest issue right now is just trying to find either one in stock somewhere.

The Seekins Precision SP15 is out of stock everywhere I have looked.
    The Aero Precision M4E1 is also out of stock pretty much everywhere.

Both will come with chromoly barrels with low profile gas blocks, but the Seekins barrel will be dimpled and the Aero barrel will not.
    Both will come with flash hiders, but the Seekins will have their NEST flash hider and the Aero will have a common A2.
    Both will come with MLOK handguards, but the Seekins handguard is designed to be lightweight and the Aero handguard is a full length pic rail.

The rest of the major differences will be the Seekins billet receivers and Aero forged receivers. Seekins will have their ambi selector, larger bolt catch, the extended takedown and pivot pins. The Aero lower will have all the standard milspec type parts, nothing amazing. Then you have the differences in how they are actually assembled.

Take a hard look at both of them and decide what you want, then hope and pray you can actually find one in stock.

ryan_5187

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2020
    Amite
    What are your intentions for the rifle?
    Self defense, hunting, plinking?
    What is your budget?
    What features do you want?

Both rifles will likely serve their purpose, but we can’t really suggest one or the other if we don't know what you're looking for. Myself and others have stated previously that Seekins objectively makes a better rifle, but do you need that? Maybe not. Any of the Aero rifles may do just fine for whatever you're looking to do. Your biggest issue right now is just trying to find either one in stock somewhere.

The Seekins Precision SP15 is out of stock everywhere I have looked.
    The Aero Precision M4E1 is also out of stock pretty much everywhere.

Both will come with chromoly barrels with low profile gas blocks, but the Seekins barrel will be dimpled and the Aero barrel will not.
    Both will come with flash hiders, but the Seekins will have their NEST flash hider and the Aero will have a common A2.
    Both will come with MLOK handguards, but the Seekins handguard is designed to be lightweight and the Aero handguard is a full length pic rail.

The rest of the major differences will be the Seekins billet receivers and Aero forged receivers. Seekins will have their ambi selector, larger bolt catch, the extended takedown and pivot pins. The Aero lower will have all the standard milspec type parts, nothing amazing. Then you have the differences in how they are actually assembled.

Take a hard look at both of them and decide what you want, then hope and pray you can actually find one in stock.

Thanks for your, and everyone else’s, comments. I actually went another direction and ended up purchasing a colt. Pretty happy with it so far, I think it will do me well for some target practice and throwing down on some pigs.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Thanks for your, and everyone else’s, comments. I actually went another direction and ended up purchasing a colt. Pretty happy with it so far, I think it will do me well for some target practice and throwing down on some pigs.

That was a good choice. Colt makes a good rifle.

Top Bottom