Colt M4 carbine

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryan_5187

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2020
    Amite
    The new ones are marked CR6920. From what I can tell so far is that maybe the markings are different but quality the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I was just making sure these aren’t a cheaper or *bargain* version

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    There are some out right now marked CR 6920

Apparently the difference is the lower markings. Older LE6920’s had rollmarks while the CR6920’s have laser engraved markings like the expanse series. Honestly, I was unaware of the CR series. Colt still lists the LE6920.

ryan_5187

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2020
    Amite
    Apparently the difference is the lower markings. Older LE6920’s had rollmarks while the CR6920’s have laser engraved markings like the expanse series. Honestly, I was unaware of the CR series. Colt still lists the LE6920.

I see that there website doesn’t even list that they are selling these right now. Wasn’t the expanse a cheaper rifle? I guess that is my concern is wether or not this is in the same league as the LE6920.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I see that there website doesn’t even list that they are selling these right now. Wasn’t the expanse a cheaper rifle? I guess that is my concern is wether or not this is in the same league as the LE6920.

The Expanse series was made outside of the US and is very much so a cheaper rifle. They have had numerous issues over the years. It’s basically a low grade rifle with Colt’s name on it.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Watch MAC on YouTube regarding the new Colts. Depending on the weapon maybe not really a Colt.

He's speaking about the Expanse line.

I wouldn't touch anything new from Colt right now. If CZ acquires them, it will be interesting to see how things change.

Another Bill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2020
    Mandeville LA
    Unless I was considering a KAC, a 69XX series Colt would be my first choice.
    There are other considerations out there such as FN and LMT but I have, and still do, prefer and own Colts.

The Expanse line is, in may opinion, not really a "Colt."

Top Bottom