LAPD Defunded by $150 Million.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    LAPD officially defunded by $150 million, will stop responding to traffic accidents, reduce robbery, homicide divisions
    Posted 8, 2020

LOS ANGELES, CA – Months after the news broke that the LAPD was to get their budget cut by up to $150 million, we’re now able to get a better idea of what the cut in funding is going to affect more specifically within the department.

Reportedly several units – including robbery and homicide – are going to be among sects impacted within the LAPD.

Back in June of this year, we at Law Enforcement Today reported on the controversial decision reached by the Los Angeles City Council that aimed at cutting the LAPD budget by up to $150 million.

The move was of course carried out in an effort to appease the protestors clamoring about defunding the police.

So, while little can be done to rectify the act of somewhat defunding the LAPD, there were looming questions about what this defunding would actually look like.

Reports indicate that the LAPD will be engaging in a “broad reorganization aimed at preserving patrol and community engagement functions.” One aspect in this reorganizing is that officers will no longer be responding to minor traffic collisions.

In the event that someone is the victim of a misdemeanor hit-and-run, victims will be encouraged to instead file a police report online.

Also, station desks will no longer be staffed on the weekends and the Metropolitan Division, air support, robbery, homicide, gang and narcotics units are going to have some sort of cuts

The LAPD are also expected to cut 350 sworn officers from the force by April of 2022, which those positions cut aren’t going to stem from people being fired outright.

Instead, the LAPD will simply close out a position once someone leaves the force or retires – essentially just not rehiring for the void left when someone leaves the LAPD.

Generally speaking, it’s appears the reduction in force is trying to be accomplished in a manner that makes the best out of a bad situation.

Other initiatives stressed in the defunding endeavor is a greater focus on officers being on patrol more than anything – thus having the opportunity to maintain visibility within the communities officers serve.

But what’s most concerning with this defunding to the LAPD is skyrocketing crime within the area.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    very sad... in a few years people will be saying cops arnt helping us, crime is out of the roof and theres no cops to help us.. and never lift a finger to blame themselves for closing the police department

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Crime is going to go up and it'll somehow be the cops' fault.

TrapperT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2020
    Sulphur,La.
    I haven't seen any leo in the last 3 days ,,none,,no thp,,lhp,,,city,,sheriffs,nuttin.Ive been speeding,no seat belt,driving crazy .Nuttin.I'm getting usta the no po po already. Let er rip jj..Defund-em
    all.Ima be the best sheriff on my block you ever seen.No crime near my home,how bout yours :)

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I haven't seen any leo in the last 3 days ,,none,,no thp,,lhp,,,city,,sheriffs,nuttin.Ive been speeding,no seat belt,driving crazy .Nuttin.I'm getting usta the no po po already. Let er rip jj..Defund-em
    all.Ima be the best sheriff on my block you ever seen.No crime near my home,how bout yours :)

Well,I've seen a few in the usual places like Elton,Reeves usual speed trap towns

El Pozzinator

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Denham springs LA
    That would assault their voter base. You can’t, as an elected official, disturb the livelihood of folks who vote their own paychecks and expect to continue receiving yours for long. That’s exactly why Romney said he would lose (and probably why he did, after saying as much about his plan to limit welfare to 6 months and cut off child stipends at 2 kids).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom