Autonomous Zone BOL ?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Don't laugh....

Wadda yall think about me leasing BOL pads to the rich yuppies in my Autonomous Zone?

Or I could put in lets say 40'cabins on a pad,The cabins I would need at least 24K per year for a guaranteed cabin.

They furnish their own MRE's,Inside furniture,Guns and ammo,Other stuff like water,beans and rice....

They must have skills like medical,gardening,mechanical,electrical,They will have to fill out an application since I have no room for dead-beats.

The thought being that when the SHTF my renters have guaranteed spot to bug out to !

Open to suggestions and comments to improve upon this idea? Okay laugh now....

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    If you can contain them during a time like SHTF, I could see it being a nice income opportunity until that time comes.

My thoughts: I have a nice out of the way place to retreat to if that time ever comes and my idea of retreating is getting away from civi’s in general. The absolute last thing I want anywhere near my neck of the woods is hungry humans, so I couldn’t make your idea work for me.
    If I had another piece of property apart from my BOL and a significant distance away that I could set up as such, I could prolly make it work, but I’d still be looking at more liability than I’d want to deal with. Especially with firearms in the mix.

I think it’s definitely something you could capitalize on, but I’d first consider every possible con and how it would affect my well being during a SHTF scenario.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Speaking of deadbeats... in a city like that do you have any idea how hard it is to evict a non-paying tenant. I think New Orleans is 90 days if there is no disaster going on. During a disaster or pandemic the tenants are protected from eviction. The landlords can hope to get the money back in small claims court after.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    All good points men,Guessing I'll now need a security team for dead-beats and evictions !

I think you could create a self correcting situation. Let's assume your community takes off and demand is greater than supply. Just create a leaderboard to rank each person's contributions. Let's say Brian comes along and wants to join, he just needs to look at the leaderboard to see that James in bungalow 6 just isn't pulling his weight and needs to be evicted. How Brian accomplishes that is not your concern. Your concern is to reap the benefits of having the land.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I think you could create a self correcting situation. Let's assume your community takes off and demand is greater than supply. Just create a leaderboard to rank each person's contributions. Let's say Brian comes along and wants to join, he just needs to look at the leaderboard to see that James in bungalow 6 just isn't pulling his weight and needs to be evicted. How Brian accomplishes that is not your concern. Your concern is to reap the benefits of having the land.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a good idea,Once James's lease expires it won't be renewed and James won't reap the benefits of the garden due to being a deadhead.

Starve his deadhead self out !

Redd508

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    I remember watching a video of someone trying that before. I believe it was up in the north west somewhere. I'll post the vid if i can find it again.

As to renter protection in a declared emergency, iirc that only applies to HUD or a renter getting govt monies for something. Private owners can evict deadbeats. I'm open to learning otherwise if someone can clarify.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    You could collect all the money up front and anytime someone doesn’t pull their weight you could shoot them in the face.

Well that's a final solution,I'll need a couple vets for security and wet work...lol,I was going to install the first cabin

Lease it out and collect up front,Finance the second with the money until all slots are filled,I figure I could put in 20 cabins easily

Farm the rest!

falshooter

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Ponchatoula/Hammond
    If the SHTF you won't have to worry about eviction laws.... or any law for that matter.....
    He who has the guns make the rules....
    Community members either contribute or get the F**k out ...vertical or horizontal, their choice

103M 95G

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Westbank
    Gator, if you can find the time I'd recommend a Fiction book "Lights out" it was written by an ARFCOM'er. the premise is an EMP took out all power on the globe. communities had to come together when society fell into chaos. might be an interesting read based on your initial post.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Gator, if you can find the time I'd recommend a Fiction book "Lights out" it was written by an ARFCOM'er. the premise is an EMP took out all power on the globe. communities had to come together when society fell into chaos. might be an interesting read based on your initial post.

Thanks,I have heard of the book being recommended as a must read !!!

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    ^^^^ good read. It used to be a free download... search for it, it may still be floating around.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    This guy? I've talked to him a few times on a forum hes on

Attachments

• lights.out.survivalmonkey.jpg
      lights.out.survivalmonkey.jpg
      54.5 KB · Views: 220

DuckYou

Angry Wiener
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I would want to know them. All it takes is a few of your tenants teaming up and outing you.

You would also want to have different skills - doctors, dentists, engineers, mechanics, builders, laborers, etc.

I would make sure that your own place is impenetrable - because everyone has to sleep and that is when you are vulnerable.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I would want to know them. All it takes is a few of your tenants teaming up and outing you.

You would also want to have different skills - doctors, dentists, engineers, mechanics, builders, laborers, etc.

I would make sure that your own place is impenetrable - because everyone has to sleep and that is when you are vulnerable.

All good points,I have enough large trees down to build a wall 10 feet high with an excavator all around the place.

Crawling thru downed timber is just about one of the hardest things to traverse,Throw in a few cottonmouths and copperheads to get the blood running

Haven't even started on trip wires yet...lol

Actually,I could use a saw mill,Frigg'n #2 2x4 is what ten bucks now?

You're home is now worth more now taken apart than as a home!!!

Attachments

• 8-29-2020 Ragley 110.jpg
      8-29-2020 Ragley 110.jpg
      131.1 KB · Views: 197

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Gator, I was flipping through a northern tool catalog at work a few days ago. They sell both portable saw mills and adapters to turn your chainsaw into a mill...

Top Bottom