S&W Smith EZ .380 or 9mm NEW Grip Safety that is FLUSH!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Swamp Shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Covington, LA
    After getting my Smith EZ 380 Perf Ctr I noticed 2 problems, the grip safety did NOT retrack flush causing a pinch on the web of your hand and an increased grip diameter for those with smaller hands. The other issue, on the PC model anyway was that they shaved the mag release so that it would drop a mag if you just breathed on the button. NOT good in a stressful gunfight! I contacted S&W and they were NOT interested in fixing the problems.

So my engineering partner and I went thru about a dozen tries to fix the grip safety, finally we got it right with the right material, works beautiful and now this is my (my wife's) favorite CCW!!

If you are interested in one, then PM me and we'll getrdone! You will love the result! I'll try to post before and after pics. The silver grip safety is the original, the blue is the new one. The current production model is BLACK and is even more flush and follows the gun's curvature better. Thanks for reading! 9mm is under development, 380 available now.
    20201005_110331.jpg20201005_104601.jpg20201005_110518.jpg20201005_104229.jpg

Last edited:

Jordan2023

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2023
    Ohio
    After getting my Smith EZ 380 Perf Ctr I noticed 2 problems, the grip safety did NOT retrack flush causing a pinch on the web of your hand and an increased grip diameter for those with smaller hands. The other issue, on the PC model anyway was that they shaved the mag release so that it would drop a mag if you just breathed on the button. NOT good in a stressful gunfight! I contacted S&W and they were NOT interested in fixing the problems.

So my engineering partner and I went thru about a dozen tries to fix the grip safety, finally we got it right with the right material, works beautiful and now this is my (my wife's) favorite CCW!!

If you are interested in one, then PM me and we'll getrdone! You will love the result! I'll try to post before and after pics. The silver grip safety is the original, the blue is the new one. The current production model is BLACK and is even more flush and follows the gun's curvature better. Thanks for reading! 9mm is under development, 380 available now.
    View attachment 100314View attachment 100313View attachment 100311View attachment 100312
    Just bought the 380 PC model for my wife and didn’t realize the grip safety issue until after we purchased it.. please tell me you still make these! Ha! Looking to get a flush / closer to flush than stock, in gold if possible. I ordered the standard black polymer one for the time being but would love to keep the gold accent if it is more flush! Thank you!

Coyote5.0

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2016
    Prairieville
    Did this resolve the failure to fire because shooter is not holding the pistol perfectly issue? Will it work on a .380 EZ standard non performance model?

JNorth24

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2024
    Covington, LA

View attachment 100314View attachment 100313View attachment 100311View attachment 100312
    Hi Swampshooter,
    Are you still making these? My wife just got the gold performance center .380 ez and we did not realize how much the grip safety protrudes. Definitely interested.
    Thank you

bush_hog

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jul 8, 2007
    Covington
    I make these for the 380 EZ and 9mm EZ now. They're done in SolidWorks and I print them out of PETG thermoplastic. Let me know if you'd like to get one.

bush_hog

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jul 8, 2007
    Covington
    OK, thanks. Only because my wife’s .380 is the gold edition.
    Here are some custom pinewood derby wheels I made and a gecko in the gold I use

Attachments

• 20240220_064248.jpg
      20240220_064248.jpg
      325.7 KB · Views: 14
    • 20240220_064416.jpg
      20240220_064416.jpg
      377.2 KB · Views: 18

Legion

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2024
    Happy Valley, OR
    I can make one in gold. I'll find something else I made in gold and send you a pic.
    I would like to purchase one in Gold from you, if possible? Thank you

Apparently I cannot PM since I am a new member, but I can receive PM's?
    Shoot me the info, and I will make payment straight away.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Deb Mev
    Top Bottom