Join BayouShooter For Free
Meplat

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789 LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by machinedrummer View Post
    Is there a list of prohibited guns at matches due to safety issues such as this? Maybe there should be? It’s a horrible accident but when firearms and humans interact the deadly potential always exist. I’m sure the man didn’t show up looking to kill a RO. This may cause a change in weapons allowed to be used. More regulation....by the way I am not for more regulations.
    I always am cautious of the knee-jerk reaction, but I’m not saying this idea would necessarily be that. There are tons of great platforms to work with that are ‘drop safe’. But the odds of this happening are pretty low also. Without giving the incident much though it might appear like blame the equipment. Still firing pin blocks on handguns just feels like a seatbelt in a car except you add a layer of protection for everyone around by selecting a drop safe gun not just user.
    Last edited by Bangswitch; November 20th, 2020 at 10:29 AM.

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This is why this discussion is a waste of time.
    Yep...you're not trying to ensure anything. You weren't trying to argue it was complacency and not just a mistake or an accident. Got it.

Is there a way, aside from complacency, for a person to drop their handgun while holstering?
    Repeating the same thing over and over doesnít make it more reasonable or applicable. A mistake is setting your alarm for 7 when it was supposed to be 6, not dropping your pistol because you didnít make sure it was in the holster and shooting some guy in the face.
    What about the other questions? Do you think I'm trying to defend the guy? Do you think I'm trying to minimize the results?

Seriously Misunderstood!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bigchillin83 View Post
    and you people talked about magdump trying to get his post count up lol
    so whos of first?
    Stop it!

I haven't laughed on here in quite some time. This thread is a good start!
    Remember; The 2nd Amendment Protects the 1st!
    Lyndon Johnson (Democrat & Father of US Welfare System) we'll give them stuff........."and have them ni&&ers voting democratic for the next 200 years!"
    "I'm a self reliant, self supported American trapped in a "Free Shit" society!"
    Be Warned! Amazon.com is Skynet!
    PLEASE STOP USING GOOGLE!
    I don't believe in a supreme deity; but have to believe Trump's win was Divine Intervention!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    Yep...you're not trying to ensure anything. You weren't trying to argue it was complacency and not just a mistake or an accident. Got it.

What about the other questions? Do you think I'm trying to defend the guy? Do you think I'm trying to minimize the results?
    No, I think that you simply don’t understand the words you’re using or you don’t understand how this would’ve happened. Just as you’re confusing a question and a statement. Me asking what you would call it if not complacency isn’t a statement or a demand for you to use a particular word, it’s a question.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    Stop it!

I haven't laughed on here in quite some time. This thread is a good start!
    i know right!!!!

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

No, I think that you simply donít understand the words youíre using or you donít understand how this wouldíve happened. Just as youíre confusing a question and a statement. Me asking what you would call it if not complacency isnít a statement or a demand for you to use a particular word, itís a question.
    No, I understand the circumstances regarding what happened.

You asked a question in the reply to the answer to the question you just asked. To claim that question was legitimately looking for a response when you quoted the response would indicate you need to work on your reading comprehension. I will answer your question below.

According to the article, the gun fired when it hit the ground. Unless you are suggesting the guy dropped it on the ground intentionally, then it either slipped from his hand or he let go of it after believing it was in a secure location. Complacency is a behavioral change due to an overconfidence that comes from repeated actions. An isolated incident is a mistake. Unless I missed something in the article, it appears the guy made a mistake. It was negligent but thatís not complacency. I would imagine if he were complacent, he would have been kicked off the range before this happened.
    Is there a way, aside from complacency, for a person to drop their handgun while holstering?
    According to the article, the gun fired when it hit the ground. Unless you are suggesting the guy dropped it on the ground intentionally, then it either slipped from his hand or he let go of it after believing it was in a secure location. Complacency is a behavioral change due to an overconfidence that comes from repeated actions. An isolated incident is a mistake. Unless I missed something in the article, it appears the guy made a mistake. It was negligent but thatís not complacency. I would imagine if he were complacent, he would have been kicked off the range before this happened.

Marksman

User Info Menu

According to the article, the gun fired when it hit the ground. Unless you are suggesting the guy dropped it on the ground intentionally, then it either slipped from his hand or he let go of it after believing it was in a secure location. Complacency is a behavioral change due to an overconfidence that comes from repeated actions. An isolated incident is a mistake. Unless I missed something in the article, it appears the guy made a mistake. It was negligent but that’s not complacency. I would imagine if he were complacent, he would have been kicked off the range before this happened.
    So the option of *he wasn’t thinking at all, he moved his hand down and let go* isn’t even something you acknowledge as being a possibility?

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

So the option of *he wasn’t thinking at all, he moved his hand down and let go* isn’t even something you acknowledge as being a possibility?
    That's probably not a possibility. People's brain are always thinking about something. They're never not thinking.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 323MAR View Post
    This is very sad news. The member should be banned for life.
    What makes you think he would ever ďwantĒ to shot a match again?

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bigtattoo79 View Post
    What makes you think he would ever *want* to shot a match again?

I am not very good at remote viewing or telepathy, so I can’t really answer that.